I’m in a situation with a guy. We both like each other yet he doesn’t want anything which I agreed on. We entered a situationship and now he isn’t talking to me cause he caught feelings and is jealous about me going out with my friends clubbing. I don’t want this as I want to continue talking to him. I’ve tried to have a conversation with him in person which he agreed upon but hasn’t given me a time meaning I’ve been waiting over a week. I told him I want this conversation to clear up on what is happening and if I need to move on or not from the situation. He’s been opening my chats and said it wasn’t necessary for a conversation which there is as I need to know what is happening with us. I sent him a message in response and he hasn’t responded yet been on social media. What do I do?

Why did you agree when you know full well you wanted exclusivity? Otherwise, in normal situationships/FWBs, they are supposed to be short-lived and at this point when he's walked away, you would've been fine with it.

He's totally messing with your head. If he had truly caught feelings, he would've asked you to move this to a bf/gf relationship. Instead, he gave a false reason to walk away. He set this up to be a short-lived thing because that's how he likes to roll in life for the moment. Let him keep rolling away from you. Delete his number and block him so that when nobody is giving him attention, he doesn't seek it from you to knock boots.

Rethink accepting situationships in the future since as you can see, they don't satisfy.

29 minutes ago, Thatgirlie said:

I agreed on. We entered a situationship and now he isn’t talking to me cause he caught feelings and is jealous about me going out with my friends clubbing. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem interested in anything but hookups. Please don't try to turn this into a relationship. You can find much better men to date who'll treat you better. 

Is this the same man?:

Yes this is the same guy. I just don’t know what to do and it hurts to move on without closure that I would get from this conversation. I don’t want to have feelings for him and I’m not entirely sure what I want for myself. It feels like he’s refusing to allow me to move on and I don’t want him to come back at a later date once he has finished uni in 4 months to have a relationship. 

Just now, Thatgirlie said:

Yes this is the same guy. I just don’t know what to do and it hurts to move on without closure that I would get from this conversation. I don’t want to have feelings for him and I’m not entirely sure what I want for myself. It feels like he’s refusing to allow me to move on and I don’t want him to come back at a later date once he has finished uni in 4 months to have a relationship. 

He's not "refusing" to "allow" you to move on. You are choosing to refuse to move on because you won't do so unless he provides this mythical "closure". You know what to do but you don't want to because you're still "hoping". As long as you don't have this alleged "closure" conversation you can pretend you two still have something.

That's the bad news. The good news is you have all the freedom in the world to end this non-relationship and move forward. Remember, as long as you keep chasing a guy who doesn't want what you want you'll never meet a guy who DOES want to be with you 100%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How old are you?  

I understand you are feeling things, but your feelings really aren't reflecting anything in real life. 

He doesn't want to talk to you about this because, in fact, there IS nothing to talk about.

You both agreed to an arrangement, it's not working for you.  So you need to take care of YOURSELF.  He is not going to fix this for you.   He's not interested.

2 hours ago, Thatgirlie said:

It feels like he’s refusing to allow me to move on

Uhm...no. You're imposing conditions for another perform before YOU will allow your SELF to move on.

Our 'closure' is our own responsibility, and it's never dependent on another's behaviors.

It's a decision.

• Like 3