Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Yays and Nays

boltnrun

Just now, Seraphim said:

They just can be bothered looking and a lot of time because we are women still think “ it is all in our head.”

My latest doctor is a woman. I don't know that she thinks it's because I'm a woman but more that she either doesn't think anything is really wrong based on what I told her, or she's too overworked because of the way the American healthcare system is setup (which rewards volume rather than quality care). The PA at my previous doctor is a woman and I loved her but she was restrained by what the doctor would allow. Sadly, she moved out of state ☹️ Hopefully the new PA is just as good. 

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

My latest doctor is a woman. I don't know that she thinks it's because I'm a woman but more that she either doesn't think anything is really wrong based on what I told her, or she's too overworked because of the way the American healthcare system is setup (which rewards volume rather than quality care). The PA at my previous doctor is a woman and I loved her but she was restrained by what the doctor would allow. Sadly, she moved out of state ☹️ Hopefully the new PA is just as good. 

I get that they are over worked, same in our system . They have to understand that being light headed and exhausted isn’t normal, at any age . Sure at 90 ( but we aren’t 90, 57 isn’t young but it isn’t ancient either .)years old being tired is normal but lightheaded all the time, no. 

I ate a breakfast bar and feel slightly better. I know my blood sugar is low when I get up in the morning but I have to wait a full hour after taking my thyroid pill to eat. And when I have to drive into the office that means I don't eat until two hours after I take my thyroid pill.

I'm still lightheaded, have tingling fingers and have a headache. I also am breathing a lot faster than usual even though I've been sitting down since I came in almost two hours ago. 

Interestingly I decided yesterday to come in 15-30 minutes later this morning. So I got up ten minutes later than usual and left for work 15 minutes later than usual. Despite that and it was raining and super windy I still got here in time to clock in at my usual time! So now I'm going to get up 15 minutes later and just come in a bit later, although I may end up getting here early anyway. But 4:30 am seems a little bit easier than 4:15. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Sometimes 15 minutes can make a huge difference -some people "power nap" for that long!  I hope you feel better AND get answers.

I actually woke up 35 minutes earlier than I needed to this morning. I planned to get up at 4:25 but I woke up at 3:50. Couldn't fall back asleep. Very annoying.

So far my manager and my skip level manager are not in the office today. If they aren't here by lunchtime I may sneak out and finish the day at home.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I actually woke up 35 minutes earlier than I needed to this morning. I planned to get up at 4:25 but I woke up at 3:50. Couldn't fall back asleep. Very annoying.

So far my manager and my skip level manager are not in the office today. If they aren't here by lunchtime I may sneak out and finish the day at home.

Yes! That happens to me too! Annoying.

Sounds like you've been doing the no sugar drill for a little while?  I know when I had to cut out sugar I felt faint quite a few times.  I recall going for a walk with my bf and one block in I had to sit on a curb for about   5 min's.  This went on for a couple weeks until my body adjusted.

And I take thyroid meds.  I always wake up to pee in the middle of the night.  I take my pill then and go back to sleep.  Waiting an entire hour to drink my coffee would be torture.

24 minutes ago, reinventmyself said:

Sounds like you've been doing the no sugar drill for a little while?  I know when I had to cut out sugar I felt faint quite a few times.  I recall going for a walk with my bf and one block in I had to sit on a curb for about   5 min's.  This went on for a couple weeks until my body adjusted.

And I take thyroid meds.  I always wake up to pee in the middle of the night.  I take my pill then and go back to sleep.  Waiting an entire hour to drink my coffee would be torture.

It's been a bit over two months since I stopped eating sugar. 

I don't get up in the middle of the night to pee. I'm pretty sure I'll start needing to soon. Right now if I do get up in the middle of the night I can't fall back asleep. And if I have anything to drink, even a tiny sip, I'll need to pee again. I must have a bladder the size of a shot glass, yet I can make it through the night without getting up. Go figure. 

• Like 1

I decided to stay at the office. I will only have 3 1/4 hours left after lunch. Plus there are more people than usual here today and I don't want one of them to mention to my manager that I left midday. Even though I would have worked a full day.

• Like 1

Countdown ..two hours and 37 minutes...then an hour and 15 minute commute.

Interestingly, I got home quicker yesterday even though I left 30 minutes later. Another reason why I want to change my hours. My boss will not mind as long as I'm in by 7:00 am.

I'm so thankful today is a WFH day. I still feel icky. Although it's now more cold symptoms. Sneezing, stuffy AND runny nose. At least the headache is better.

My company transitioned to a new pay schedule so we only got paid for one week. And they took out more taxes AND they didn't divide my direct deposit between my two bank accounts like they were supposed to. So I had to juggle some things and my money is going to be tight for a few weeks. I was planning to go to an event downtown tomorrow and buy a few small things and get some food from a vendor. Looks like that can't happen. Bummer. 

• Sad 1

Mildly annoying...they are replacing the flooring in the laundry room. Which is great, but we didn't receive any notification. I have been trying to do a load of laundry all day and can't. They should tell us in advance if the laundry room will be unavailable.

On 1/11/2024 at 3:34 AM, Batya33 said:

Would you be willing to make them? Ex- my friend's daughter used to make -maybe still does -batches of healthier muffins for her kids -based on veggies/fruits (I know not low sugar just giving a DIY ex.). I am not a baker.  But for ex if you bought low sugar granola and used as a base to make bars -I'm sure there are recipes and I bet they can be frozen and keep or a long time.  

Every recipe I found has issues. The sugar free ones call for almond flour or peanut butter. The nut free ones call for honey and applesauce and insist that a substitution would have bad results, and they have ten grams of sugar per serving (!). Some even call for chocolate. And the sugar free chocolate chips I found were $11 a bag!!!

I Google searched "sugar free nut free protein bar recipes" and those were the results. Super frustrating. 

I hope the weekend is a good one because this week has been full of annoyances and frustration and not feeling well. 

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Every recipe I found has issues. The sugar free ones call for almond flour or peanut butter. The nut free ones call for honey and applesauce and insist that a substitution would have bad results, and they have ten grams of sugar per serving (!). Some even call for chocolate. And the sugar free chocolate chips I found were $11 a bag!!!

I Google searched "sugar free nut free protein bar recipes" and those were the results. Super frustrating. 

I hope the weekend is a good one because this week has been full of annoyances and frustration and not feeling well. 

I hope so too! 

Oh, and I'm just going to use the sugar free oatmeal cookie recipe I have and add some protein powder to the mix.  I can shape them like cookies because really, what difference does it make?

I also just had a lightbulb moment...I have been spending $4-$6 per week buying bottles of  Vitamin Water to take to work (yes, I recycle the bottles).  Expensive!  But I can just buy water enhancer that's fortified with vitamins and add it to plain water.  Duh!!!  A bottle of water enhancer will last me three weeks' worth of office days and the net cost will be about $1 per week.  Again, duh!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Oh, and I'm just going to use the sugar free oatmeal cookie recipe I have and add some protein powder to the mix.  I can shape them like cookies because really, what difference does it make?

I also just had a lightbulb moment...I have been spending $4-$6 per week buying bottles of  Vitamin Water to take to work (yes, I recycle the bottles).  Expensive!  But I can just buy water enhancer that's fortified with vitamins and add it to plain water.  Duh!!!  A bottle of water enhancer will last me three weeks' worth of office days and the net cost will be about $1 per week.  Again, duh!

Do you drink vitamin water instead of taking a vitamin?

So the oatmeal cookies with the added protein powder are OK. The protein powder is vanilla flavor so the cookies are a bit sweeter than I prefer. But I am getting protein, raisins and oats with no sugar. So that's not a bad thing at all.

• Like 1