Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Yays and Nays

boltnrun

14 hours ago, boltnrun said:

My son will let her know. I hope her bank will refund her the money.

I'm presuming someone got ahold of the gift card number and used it, which is why the balance is $0. 

Yes - apparently people tamper with it at the store drain it and put it back from all I understand.  I hope it all works out ok.

We just had an earthquake. Given that there was just a huge one in Japan it got my attention more than usual. But it was a relatively small one. A roller though, so I'm left feeling a bit motion sick. We are so used to them here anymore. We just go "meh" and go on with our days unless it's a big one (like, 5.5 or bigger).

Fireworks kept me awake until 1:00 am. I was salty about that because I wanted to sleep!

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

We just had an earthquake. Given that there was just a huge one in Japan it got my attention more than usual. But it was a relatively small one. A roller though, so I'm left feeling a bit motion sick. We are so used to them here anymore. We just go "meh" and go on with our days unless it's a big one (like, 5.5 or bigger).

Fireworks kept me awake until 1:00 am. I was salty about that because I wanted to sleep!

Hope you can catch a nap!

8 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm going to stay awake because if I nap I won't be able to sleep tonight. And I have to be up tomorrow morning at 4:15 am to go into the office. 

My alarm is 4:41 school mornings.  I feel you!

Just curious, why 4:41

I put a roast in the oven and planned to go for a walk while it's roasting. But the takeout I had the past two days apparently disagreed with my digestive system. (TMI ahead) It gave me a vicious case of the runs. I feel weak. I frequently feel lightheaded while walking so I'm scared I'll have a dizzy spell if I try to walk just after having "bathroom issues". December was a light month when it comes to walks and I wanted to do better this month. I don't walk on Tuesday or Thursday because I get home from the office after dark and I don't feel safe walking at night. And I leave for work at 5:45 am when it's still dark so going before work is out too. I'll have to hit it hard starting Wednesday.

• Sad 1

Because I want to sleep in as "late" as possible and I know how long it takes me to get ready and go downstairs to the fitness center.  There are 2 treadmills.  I want to make sure I arrive before 5 as then there's a much better shot at getting one -in the distant past there started to be a crowd at or after 5 That hasn't been true for awhile but obviously can become reality again.. Also on school days I need to get back upstairs by around 5:30 to have time to eat my breakfast like a person before the whirlwind of getting ready for school/school bus walk/run! 

Oh, OK. I just found the extra minute to be interesting. 

My stomach is really no bueno. I am making a terrific dinner and I hope I'm able to enjoy least a bit of it. I've been suspecting my disease is flaring up. Which potentially means more CT scans and a colonoscopy. That's fine, but the antibiotics I had to be on made me so very sick. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

But, my dinner smells amazing. My apartment smells like roasted meat. Not a bad smell!

11 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Oh, OK. I just found the extra minute to be interesting. 

My stomach is really no bueno. I am making a terrific dinner and I hope I'm able to enjoy least a bit of it. I've been suspecting my disease is flaring up. Which potentially means more CT scans and a colonoscopy. That's fine, but the antibiotics I had to be on made me so very sick. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

But, my dinner smells amazing. My apartment smells like roasted meat. Not a bad smell!

Oh! I hope the dinner helps! If it smells amazing that's a good sign.  I hope you feel much better -been there!!

Thanks to the both of you.

I have an incurable disease that will flare up every so often pretty much for the rest of my life. I already had major surgery. And the surgeon told me since there is no cure and my entire digestive system is diseased I will deal with it forever. But I'm fairly lucky in that I do have a lot of good days. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thanks to the both of you.

I have an incurable disease that will flare up every so often pretty much for the rest of my life. I already had major surgery. And the surgeon told me since there is no cure and my entire digestive system is diseased I will deal with it forever. But I'm fairly lucky in that I do have a lot of good days. 

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm glad you can enjoy the good days!

Thanks. It's fine. Millions of people are dealing with a chronic disease, I just happen to be one of them.

I slept all the way through to my alarm. That is rare for me, and very nice. Got just over 6 hours of sleep. 

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thanks. It's fine. Millions of people are dealing with a chronic disease, I just happen to be one of them.

I slept all the way through to my alarm. That is rare for me, and very nice. Got just over 6 hours of sleep. 

How much do you need? I feel like I need as close to 7 as possible but often get closer to 6.  Post-menopause I typically only wake up once per night- before was more.

For some reason the AC keeps kicking on in the room I work in at the office. I raised the set temperature to 78 degrees but it's currently 67 degrees in here! My legs are cold! Fortunately I wore a sweater with a long sleeve mock neck underneath so my upper body isn't cold. And I'm drinking hot tea.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Girl , you would die here… lol. 68 F to Canadians is totally shorts and T shirt weather. We feel hot . I keep my house at 68 F all year and sometimes less in the summer . I see some people wearing shorts in -10C . 

I would! I grew up on the beach, where anything below 70 degrees is COLD! For about ten years I lived somewhere where it got down to the low 20s in the wintertime but when I moved back to my home state I got wimpy all over again. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I would! I grew up on the beach, where anything below 70 degrees is COLD! For about ten years I lived somewhere where it got down to the low 20s in the wintertime but when I moved back to my home state I got wimpy all over again. 

See, I find 70 to be quite warm. I have to open my window at night to sleep in the winter because 68 is a little too warm for me. My husband likes the house at about 65 in the winter. But that is a little too cool.

He had turned our heat off because it was 6C before we left for holidays when we got home 3 days later it was 55F in the house which was too cold. But yeah I think a lot of Canadians don’t mind cooler weather . 

Where I live there's a pretty narrow temperature range usually. Low 40s to mid 80s. Where I lived for nearly ten years it ranges from low 20s to low 100s (it got up to 117 in the summertime). So a hundred degree range. I was able to get used to that, but I turned into Ms. Wimpy when I moved back to my home state. 

Also there's a BIG difference between "the coast" and "the beach" which I learned the hard way. My family visited Oregon in the summertime when I was a child and our hosts said they were taking us to the coast for the day. I thought that meant the beach so I dressed in shorts and a T-shirt. And I FROZE. It was in the 50s!! At home, the beach is usually in the 80s in the summertime. 

• Like 1