Partner gave my dog food I’m deathly allergic to

My significant other gave my dog a home cooked dog meal that had fish in it. I have a sever anaplatic allergy to fish and shell fish.

I’m my puppy licks me all the time on the face and etc and I hug my puppy we are very affectionate. But my partner knows I have an allergen and I asked that they never feed my dog any fish or shell fish core products and they did it anyways . Idk how to feel about this. My trough swells shut and I die without my epi pen. Help me sort how I should feel cuz I feel like I was being murdered by blantant incompetence 

5 minutes ago, Respectfullylogical said:

My significant other gave my dog a home cooked dog meal that had fish in it. I have a sever anaplatic allergy to fish and shell fish.

Ask him not to feed your dog. Refrain from letting the dog lick you for a while.  Why can't you two make sure your dog as enough allergen-free dog food to eat?

If you are worried please ask your doctor about it or a veterinarian if contact with the dog is an issue. After all dogs lick all sorts of stuff including grooming their rears. Why buy fish or keep it in your home if you have an anaphylactic reaction to it?

Have you asked him about it? It seems like a power struggle and perhaps he didn't think feeding something to the dog would cause an allergic reaction in you. .

• Like 1

Do you do exclusively home cooked meals for your dog? Why was your SO preparing a home cooked meal for your dog -were you away? I'd have him help out in other ways other than food prep since he might forget again and bring something in that has this allergen in food you might consume.  I hope you're ok.  I would assume it was a mistake.  

14 hours ago, Respectfullylogical said:

Help me sort how I should feel cuz I feel like I was being murdered by blantant incompetence 

There, there, nothing happened and perhaps it was an honest mistake. 

Though yes, I also do have to wonder why give a fish to a dog? You usually avoid that kind of a food to feed the dog because, for example, bones on stuff like fish and even chicken, are smaller and can make a dog choke. Hence why it needs to be prefferably without bones. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Respectfullylogical said:

. Help me sort how I should feel cuz I feel like I was being murdered by blantant incompetence 

I don't think your BF is trying to "murder" you. It's your dog and your responsibility to have appropriate food in the house for it and to train him not to lick your face. Why your BF keeps fish in the house or feeds it to your dog is a mystery, but not attempted murder. 

• Like 1

Well I think more information is needed about the situation for me to form the right opinion on it. Do you live with your partner? You kept saying "your dog" so do you live separately and your partner just visits your place? Why was your partner feeding your dog? Does your dog always eat home cooked meals or can it eat dry or canned dog food as well?

I think if you don't live together and it's "your dog" then it should be basically only your responsibility to feed the dog. You should either feed it yourself or you should have appropriate food cooked or bought for the dog. Then ask that your partner only feed the dog what you made.

If you live together and there are times that it's required that your partner feed the dog, then still you should have food ready to go.

I agree it's careless if your partner knows how sick you could get from fish. But if you don't live together and it's "your dog" then why is your partner expected to feed it?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Tinydance said:

Well if they've been together for mine years and have kids, I just find it a bit weird to say "my dog". Isn't it their dog then? 

According to this thread it's his place and he provides financially.

https://www.enotalone.com/topic/458363-is-it-normal/#comment-5832716

This is the same person who kept the jailhouse letters from her ex. Seems like a lot of conflict in this relationship.

Are you happy, OP? Or are you thinking you might want to leave?

13 hours ago, Jaunty said:

Uh oh.  Maybe he's  homicidally  enraged about the jailhouse letters and now he's about to commit a crime of his own ... murder by toxic allergen transmitting dog licks?

A very poor method of murder, BTW.  He would have to count on the OP's dog licking her on the mouth and not much time elapsing between feeding and licking.

As I mentioned, I am deathly allergic to peanuts but my kids have eaten peanut butter sandwiches and kissed me on the face afterward and I'm still among the living.