Multiple Partners

speak

So there’s this guy. We started seeing each other sexually last week. His divorce was finalized then too. But he told me today he’s also knocking boots with two other women. He said he’s having multiple partners because he doesn’t want to get too attached to one person. I told him due to health reasons I prefer to remove myself from being sexual with him. 

is he trying to fill a void? Will not having me make him desire me more? 

6 minutes ago, speak said:

. I told him due to health reasons I prefer to remove myself from being sexual with him. 

How did you meet?  How long have you been seeing each other? Are you looking for a relationship or FWB situation? You made the right decision. Please get tested for STDs.  As far as "desiring you more", what matters most is agreeing to be sexually exclusive or not. In this case he prefers to prowl around. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, speak said:

But he told me today he’s also knocking boots with two other women. He said he’s having multiple partners because he doesn’t want to get too attached to one person.

If he was really interested in you he wouldn't risk losing you by sharing this with you.  He's basically letting you know he isn't interested in getting attached to you either.

Stick to your boundaries.   It's better for your self esteem in the long run.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, speak said:

We met at my work. I Do i like him. He initially said he wanted a companion. I thought that would be me. Maybe I was wrong. 

Perhaps you misunderstood the term "companion"? He's just looking for no strings sex. If you're not, you're incompatible. Do you still work with him? Generally, it's better to avoid messy workplace romances. 

• Like 1

"Seeing someone sexually" sounds to me like NSA sex.   If you wanted to get to know him and let him know you, dating would have been a good way to get started.  

Now, you've found out that he has multiple sex partners.  There's nothing wrong with it but you would have benefitted from learning he was into that before starting a sexual relationship with him.   

Anyway, this guy is into NSA sex with multiple people.  He's not interested in having a monogamous relationship with you.  You're not interested in being one of several sex partners.  So ... move on.  

Tip:  Stuff like this is best left out of the workplace.

• Like 3

Of course he's filling a void.  he's divorced, doesn't want to be in a relationship, wants sex and is honest enough to tell you the truth. 

Walk away from this man. I can respect someone's honesty but you're not compatible at all. you're not looking for the same thing.  it's the number one thing needed in a relationship.  he doesn't want a relationship. so there is none. 

Withholding sex to increase desire is game playing which never leads to long term happiness.

Put your effort into men that are looking for what you also want.  They are the ones worth your time.  This guy is not. 

• Like 3