Did I mess up bad?

Hi, I've been having some "relationship issues" lately, and I'm been looking for some advice.

For context, I'm a teenage male who is still in school currently and I was talking to this really sweet girl online for about a month up until the issues of this all started. I and she had really hit it off, with me quickly developing feelings, and her (seemingly) reciprocating them, to the point where they were sometimes more flirty than I was.

Things were basically all hunky-dory for a little while, but after about a month of speaking, I started getting a bit more honest about my feelings. After a really nice night where she brought up the possibility of matching profile photos, and I agreed. We didn't find any, but after a couple days of not getting a response from her after that, I messaged (in the middle of the night, mind you) something along the lines of:
"Hey, whenever you see this, I just want you to know that if you ever want to leave or stop doing this romance stuff, just tell me please."
And then a couple hours after that:
"Hey, I know it might just be it being night and me being emotional, but I'm really glad to have you in my life, and I really love you."
Then, sometime in the next 24 hours, I'm all of a sudden blocked by her, and I'm wondering if those messages might have messed things up big time. It's been about a week now, and I've been considering messaging her on my other account.

I just want some honest thoughts and advice. Anything helps. Thank you in advance

13 minutes ago, bruhman said:

I'm really glad to have you in my life, and I really love you." Then, sometime in the next 24 hours, I'm all of a sudden blocked by her, 

Have you met in person? If she blocked you it's better not to contact her again. Yes the message is a bit overwhelming for someone you don't know.

So is this girl just someone you met on the Internet but you never met in person? Did you ever video call her or call on the phone? I think if you never even spoke to her apart from messaging online, you actually have no idea who this even is. I don't think you can know that she's "sweet". She could literally be anyone. She could be a 50-year-old man for all you know. I think you need to be very careful that this is not a catfish. As bare minimum, you need proof that this girl is who she says she is.

If you did actually video call her and proved who she was, I guess yes you can like her. But you can't love someone that you never met or dated. You could be attracted to her and like what you know of her, sure. 

I think you came on too strong and were too full-on. Even if she liked you but she probably didn't think she loved you. Maybe she was being more realistic about it and thought it's not normal you said you loved her.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bruhman said:

"Hey, I know it might just be it being night and me being emotional, but I'm really glad to have you in my life, and I really love you."
Then, sometime in the next 24 hours, I'm all of a sudden blocked by her, and I'm wondering if those messages might have messed things up big time. It's been about a week now, and I've been considering messaging her on my other account.

Nah, leave her be now.  she blocked you, it says enough.. sorry 😕 .

And no, one does not develop true 'love' feelings in a month.  Real love develops over time.  Much more time than this and needs to be for real , like that you do meet, etc.

As I said, was only in the time span of a month.  Just carry on now.  Don't beg or follow her in any way. Self respect and for her as well.

You'll get there 🙂 .

• Like 1

Online dating is more of a fantasy. For you she is maybe most wonderful thing that happen to you. For her, you were an easy block as soon as you developed feelings and it was starting to develop into something more then just exchanging messages.

You should avoid online dating in general. As you can see, in a month you didnt see each other, and you maybe didnt even confirmed identity so you maybe dont know if she is who she says she is. Its not something you should strive for. And, no matter how you connect, you are as expandable as an used sock. She just blocked you with a touch of a button and moved on with her life. Dont waste time on things like that.

• Like 1

Only date in person even if your first contact is online. Video calls don’t count. You overwhelmed her since for all romantic purposes you two are strangers and a stranger messaging that can come across overwhelming and even scary. I’d respect her choice. Sorry !

I'm assuming she was too far away to meet in person.

I find it crazy for anyone in high school or college to even have the need for online dating, since at school, you likely encounter at least a hundred women your age per day in all of your classes. Don't you ever find anyone attractive at school, or hanging out with neighborhood friends and they introduce you to more friends?

IMO, people who seek out long distance cyber relationships either have social anxiety, or they have something to hide, or they aren't emotionally ready for an in-person relationship.

Meeting in person is reality, rather than building a fantasy idea of who a person is you've never seen in person. If you can't meet with a person within a two week time frame, best not to waste time in any investment of a high risk thing. My suggestion is to get off the Internet and engage with people in person. Join some clubs you're interested in to find a larger pool of dating prospects. Good luck.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Andrina said:

IMO, people who seek out long distance cyber relationships either have social anxiety, or they have something to hide, or they aren't emotionally ready for an in-person relationship.

I agree. It's basically sinking your time into typing a fantasy. In this case, you took it too far, and the girl didn't want to jump down that rabbit hole.

Most teenagers who aren't rich with their own trust fund can't afford to turn long distance into a thing. Or they spend countless hours fantasy=building only to meet and learn that there's no in-person chemistry. And if your distance wasn't that great, then it makes even less sense that you never met in person within a month.

But yes, it will creep someone out to profess love without having dated for long enough to get to know one another, much less without even having met.

Head high, we all learn by living. Try meeting some local girls, and don't fixate on any one of them until you've dated around enough to learn what true simpatico feels like instead of trying to build something when it's awkward.

• Like 2