Do you wear glasses?

1 minute ago, turtle3 said:

Dear people, thank you so much for your advices, I bought glasses today. I will try to wear them and then will see the difference. They will make it for me till next week. I laughed so much to some of yur comments, and you are righte,it sounds retarded to say"I can damage eyes by wearling glasses" 😂

from what you wrote, it is helpful to wear them and it can worsen anyway.

Mylolita thank you so so soooo much for offering me to ask your father if sight gets worse with glasses, if you talk to him these days, but don't have it as task to do please. And I also never heard that eyes and tounge heal the fastest 🙂 One can also learn here interesting facts 🙃 I am glad that your eye is better ❤️ 

Btw I paid 265 euro,he made me buy some extra blue filter for electronic devices and tried to sell me some insurance for 30 more euro, if glasses break, but I said no thanks. This is why I don't trust doctors, bcs nowdays it is unfortunately all about money grrrr 😒

He sounds very trustworthy.  We always buy insurance for my son's glasses and thank goodness.  (But not for ours).  The blue filter is very good if you're on screens a lot.  There are untrustworthy people who fix roofs, who fix teeth, who fix legal problems, who train marathoners.  So? Every profession has bad apples, people with sketchy values.  He didn't make you buy anything.  If you don't trust this doctor he's not the right doctor for you. Oh and yes money matters to all people who work for a living.  Why wouldn't it?

Dear Batya33, you have right about bad apples in every profession. So you think blue filter is needed,ok.I was thinking it is another thing they are just adding to sell...So it should be good then.And right now(more than one year actually) I am living from my savings,so this is why I am really careful where I am spending and how much...🙈

4 minutes ago, turtle3 said:

Dear Batya33, you have right about bad apples in every profession. So you think blue filter is needed,ok.I was thinking it is another thing they are just adding to sell...So it should be good then.And right now(more than one year actually) I am living from my savings,so this is why I am really careful where I am spending and how much...🙈

Yes I understand and attacking someone for being unprofessional and assuming they're offering a product just to make money from you is unfair even if you are struggling.  Be careful about money in other ways- your health is priceless.  "They" are not "adding" just to sell -this doctor believes that you who look at screens a lot needs a blue filter to protect your eyes.  How much did you spend on your computer? Will you spend $$ when you need a new one? Aren't your eyes and their health worth at least as much?

I appreciate your help and I am writting here since I know that people help. But I don't agree with you and it is ufair that you judge me not knowing my situation. How much I paid my lap top is 700 eur,2nd computer in my life(I am 36).My phone is Alcatel 150 eur,4th in my life. I am serbian doing master studies in chemistey now in Germany. My salary back home was 400-450 eur a month and I don't get any help or snt, so this 256 for glasses is quite expensive for me. And yes it is health I know. Ya

He couldn't "make" you buy the blue filter. You can always say no. I wonder if he asked you if you're on a computer a lot and suggested the blue filter as added protection. But you still could have declined.

And please don't say something is "retarded" if you think it's silly or incorrect. That is considered extremely offensive by native English speakers, especially those of us who love someone who has intellectual disabilities.

• Thanks 2

turtle3, I'm glad to hear you bought your glasses today. 🙂 The blue light filter is to protect our eyes against blue light (waves). Even modern mobile phones have a blue light filter which you can activate, though in some models it turns on automatically at night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, turtle3 said:

I bought glasses today. extra blue filter for electronic devices and tried to sell me some insurance for 30 more euro, if glasses break, but I said no thanks 

Do you need them for reading and close up work? If not a blue filter is just an add-on you don't need.

Your prescription is for distance, no? Well use it for that. While the glasses themselves aren't a rip off, one can spend more than necessary with extras like unnecessary blue filters, insurance, designer frames and so on.

In any areas of life buy what you need and skip the rest.

Keep in mind that the prescription is what it is and the rest such as designer frames unnecessary coatings, filters, etc. drives up costs without actually improving upon your vision. 

My glasses are expensive but because I wanted high index superior quality lens material. All the bells and whistles such as antireflective coating, blue filters, UV coating etc are things I didn't want as they added nothing to the acuity and visual quality.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, turtle3 said:

I appreciate your help and I am writting here since I know that people help. But I don't agree with you and it is ufair that you judge me not knowing my situation. How much I paid my lap top is 700 eur,2nd computer in my life(I am 36).My phone is Alcatel 150 eur,4th in my life. I am serbian doing master studies in chemistey now in Germany. My salary back home was 400-450 eur a month and I don't get any help or snt, so this 256 for glasses is quite expensive for me. And yes it is health I know. Ya

I wasn't judging.  I was observing and giving my opinion on your judging of your doctor and the importance of health.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, turtle3 said:

Hello guys again,

I wanted to ask you what do you think. I was today at eye test and I have on both eyes -1,75 dioptry and also something else -0,25 also on both eyes. I am reading whole day about it and there are two theories.

1st Theory with glasses,eye muscles get lazy and one can not see without glasses anymore, and also it goes more in minus.

2nd say not wearing glasses makes it worse.

Would you take glasses in my place?Maybe to take them and only to use it when I drive or when I am on lap top.

Actually, my vision got better over time, and my astigmatism went away.  Then five years later, a little astigmatism in one eye, and I can't see words up super close.  It's called age.  It's not because of glasses!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Do you need them for reading and close up work? If not a blue filter is just an add-on you don't need.

Your prescription is for distance, no? Well use it for that. While the glasses themselves aren't a rip off, one can spend more than necessary with extras like unnecessary blue filters, insurance, designer frames and so on.

In any areas of life buy what you need and skip the rest.

Keep in mind that the prescription is what it is and the rest such as designer frames unnecessary coatings, filters, etc. drives up costs without actually improving upon your vision. 

My glasses are expensive but because I wanted high index superior quality lens material. All the bells and whistles such as antireflective coating, blue filters, UV coating etc are things I didn't want as they added nothing to the acuity and visual quality.

Yes exactly, I am also like that, when I need something to buy, I am trying to take only neccessary things, not extra things. And in this area I have no experience, so this is why I was not sure .

Thank you dear people for all your advices and experiences with eye sight ❤️ 

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, turtle3 said:

Yes exactly, I am also like that, when I need something to buy, I am trying to take only neccessary things, not extra things. And in this area I have no experience, so this is why I was not sure .

Thank you dear people for all your advices and experiences with eye sight ❤️ 

So I would treat buying things from a health care provider differently than like when you need food and you choose the generic or look for sales.  Sometimes with health you have to throw money at the problem -pay for the better provider, or pay with your time - meaning spend time researching the right fit for a provider or getting on a lot of wait lists.  Sometimes the least expensive option for health ends up costing more over time.

• Like 1

Yeah, you definitely do not want to go cheap with medical care. I saw someone online who recommended getting dental care in Mexico to save money. But the safety protocols were almost non-existent. She was in a dental chair right next to another patient who was also being worked on, so the water spray from that person's mouth was landing directly on her. So yeah, she saved money but also exposed herself to a potential health risk.

I do buy my reading glasses from the dollar store, but they're just magnifiers and not prescription lenses. That way if I drop or sit on or lose them I just buy a new pair. My $125 prescription glasses stay at home in their case for special occasions.

• Like 1