Ring finger

Some people wear different wedding rings that aren't "traditional", some people will wear any type of ring that has nothing to be with being a wedding ring, some won't wear a ring at all. In some cultures the wedding ring is worn on the left and in other cultures on the right hand. Basically, there are no rules set in stone about that. It's both culturally driven and also highly individual and personal.

If you want to know someone's relationship status, then ask directly. Never try to make assumptions about it based on rings and how they are worn. You'll be wrong a lot and often if you do that.

• Like 1

I don't wear my engagement ring and wedding ring set at home.  (Engagement ring has a 1 ct. solitaire setting with 6 prongs and the wedding band has small diamonds encircling the entire band's circumference. Both bands are platinum.)  They're stored carefully in my velvet lined jewelry box-case.  I don't wear any rings at home because my hands are in water, I'm doing chores such as cooking, cleaning or standard household tasks. I don't want to scuff, scratch nor treat my jewelry rough. 

For errands, appointments (doctor, dentist, hair salon, etc)  or suburban, residential walks, parks, work, etc, I wear my simple and plain CZ (cubic zirconia) ring. 

For socializing, dining out or if I'm out on the town with my husband, I'll wear my engagement-wedding set rings which are still in mint condition to this day.  My jewelry always looks as if they're brand new. 🙂 (Same thing with necklaces, earrings, etc.) 

28 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

I don't wear my engagement ring and wedding ring set at home.  (Engagement ring has a 1 ct. solitaire setting with 6 prongs and the wedding band has small diamonds encircling the entire band's circumference. Both bands are platinum.)  They're stored carefully in my velvet lined jewelry box-case.  I don't wear any rings at home because my hands are in water, I'm doing chores such as cooking, cleaning or standard household tasks. I don't want to scuff, scratch nor treat my jewelry rough. 

For errands, appointments (doctor, dentist, hair salon, etc)  or suburban, residential walks, parks, etc, I wear my simple and plain CZ (cubic zirconia) ring. 

For socializing, dining out or if I'm out on the town with my husband, I'll wear my engagement-wedding set rings which are still in mint condition to this day.  My jewelry always looks as if they're brand new. 🙂 (Same thing with necklaces, earrings, etc.) 

My MIL has only ever worn her engagement ring just to leave the house to go out for dinner. 63.5 years later it is still perfect. Other than that she wears a plain gold band.  Mine I wear all the time through everything. In the new year I want to get mine redone with the rhodium plating ( the “ white gold” plating over the yellow gold is wearing away) and then maybe just wear my band. 

• Like 1

My rings look perfect to me. I don't need them to look perfect in a technical sense -never occurred to me -because they symbolize my marriage. I personally wanted a traditional engagement ring and wedding band.  I have friends who don't - all sorts of different rings.  I'm happy for them that they found a way to express their personal preferences as to rings and designs.  I've only taken mine off for surgical procedures.

On 12/6/2021 at 12:46 PM, SSB444 said:

Just taking a pole…

Has any women that’s in a committed longterm marriage ever worn a different ring (one that still looks like a wedding band) instead of their diamond band on their ring finger? 

I sold my wedding ring. And, celebrating 10 years this weekend.