A new chapter

dias

Timesheets done, request for holidays at Christmas submitted, tickets to the UK purchased, we are good to go!!!!

I am feeling f*cking awesome. It's a bright day here, the sun is rising at the moment, weekend ahead, free to exercise for 4-5 hours. 

What does a person want in life? A cup of good freakin coffee, time to exercise and sex. That's it. OK and a big a*s yacht. This is how life should be lived. Work a lot, play a lot.

Damn, I am turning 30 next month. It has been a longggg year. So many things happened. Definitely the best and most productive year of my life. This year has to finish spectacularly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dias said:

Truth be told 

Love this movie, one of my favourites. This scene is so freakin true. "I want to marry him for YOUR money", what a line hahahahaha epic! And the "Daddy" in front of the dad was really epic too!

Damn, every time I watch a good movie it reminds I need to start taking acting lessons, I like acting so much....

• Like 1

I had a quick walk in London before I came to Newbury. London is nice during the winter. Lots of things to do and see. In Newbury on the other hand there is nothing to see. It's a London commuter town in the middle of nowhere with a lot of traffic (like a lot!). I thought Norwich was not big enough, Newbury is definitely not for me. There is no freakin way I am staying here. 

I am surprised they are not talking about a lockdown since the cases have increased again. Austria imposed a lockdown. I am pretty certain Germany will follow and then other countries too. Now don't get me wrong, I want a lockdown because that means I will continue working remotely for sure. I want to discuss with my manager about the permanent remote option and then I will move somewhere else. If I don't start travelling I will move to Brighton. I don't have any plans yet. It will be a spur of the moment thing. 

I feel a bit strange lately. I found the good job and I got the certificate, I can't do anything else at the moment, I don't have any other immediate goals, I feel a bit empty, I am relaxing of course but still I feel something is missing when I don't have any immediate goal. I am playing around with this business idea as I said, I haven't immersed myself in yet, I want to have a "break" for a month and go all in the next year. 

I never imagined myself as an employee. It feels strange being an employee. I never had any aspirations as an employee. Here I am though, working as an employee so many years now. Of course I like making money and I like working but it is something I am only doing it for survival reasons, it does not really excite me. I want to feel excited about the future, not just do things without purpose or meaning. 

Plus, when you have dedicated your life into being the best you can and chasing your dreams, work is the only thing you have. I don't know anyone in most places. And I don't have the energy to invest in getting to know people when I know I will keep moving around so often. 

I really hope this business idea will lead somewhere......

At least I have a dream....it's my company....

• Like 1

Chin up Dias you are doing amazingly!

You are experiencing the “got what I want and now I am deflated and it hasn’t really fulfilled me” flutters. Wait till you get your yacht, you‘ll go through the same thing. Not dampening your dream or anything but, trust ol’ Lo on this one. Life is funny like that sometimes.

A quote rang true for me years back and is even more poignant in my time of life right now:

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”

-Oscar Wilde

Try enjoy the ride. But erm, another quote that is even MORE relatable, especially on this platform…

…”I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself.”

🥲

Lo x

• Like 1

Ffffffff I made a teeny-tiny mistake in production. Who would have imagined it would have impacted the customers who are at the end of the chain? A customer received a message that she made an accident claim (she didn't) and was concerned that someone else was using her personal information (rightfully so).

What happened is I used the wrong column to filter the data and I sent old messages to some customers. She contacted the company (I work in the car leasing sector -  quite an interesting sector by the way) and complained. The Operational Risk raised it as a data breach (how was that considered a data breach I don't understand) and I received a big email this afternoon from a stakeholder asking me what happened and whether I fixed the issue (which I did two weeks ago - apparently this incident happened before I fixed the bug).

He included my manager in the email as well. Hmm he is coming back next week, it will be an unpleasant surprise. Oh boy, I expect he will read the riot act again (if not something worse). Well, I have to suffer the torture since I made the mistake, what can you do...

Edited by dias

A female colleague complained to me that our manager is too blunt for her taste and they are not getting along. She told me she is not used to this sort of treatment and all her previous managers were far more gentle with her. She thought it might be because she is a woman and therefore people (mostly men) were more gentle and supportive. He worked as a high paid contractor for 20+ years, he has a different mentality. He has the "you have to get the job done even if you have to work 24/7" mentality.

He is as blunt to her as with everyone else. He puts a lot more pressure on me than on her but I want to get better so I don't mind, for her is just a job so she fights back, I was in a call where they were literally screaming at each other. 

I like my manager although he is a workaholic (more than me) and puts a lot of pressure on me which results to a lot of unpaid overtime. We don't agree in everything but we get along fine and I believe we could actually be friends outside of work. He is a good person. He is from South Africa originally, he is a bit different, he has this Elon Musk style, I do get why she finds him blunt but for me that I don't like the frills it is completely fine. I have worked with South Africans before and they are my favorite people. Thumbs up for the Dutch descendants! Or let's wait for next week when he comes back and gets angry with my mistake to say this lol

What really scares me is that he was on holidays in South Africa and now he got stuck there with the new Covid variant. That means when he gets back he will have to spend 10 days in a Covid hotel which means he will be working 18 hours every day which means I am f*cked as well. At least when he is at home he has his wife to tell him to stop, I can hear sometimes saying that with an angry tone lol*.

*One time we were in a call (only us) without the camera on. At some point I could hear a female voice saying something but the tonality was very sexy, the one women get when they want something very specific hahahaha and then he exclaimed f*ck two times. I thought ok if it's what I am thinking you are really enjoying our call lol

3 hours ago, dias said:

I have worked with South Africans before and they are my favorite people.

My former coworker, Catherine, was South African. She was one of the most irresponsible, incompetent people I've ever worked with lol. Not the country's best issue, I guess.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I met the girl who organised the meet-up group I used to go in London 3 years ago. She moved to Oxford now, we had coffee and lunch at a nice cafeteria in Oxford city centre, took a walk around the city, visited a museum and then we went back to her house and had dinner and wine with her housemates.

She and her housemates are throwing a small party next Saturday and she invited me. I was planning to visit Monaco on Saturday since it's my 30th birthday and I want to celebrate it in a different way but I think I will join them. I can go to Monaco the week after (if we are not in lockdown until then). It's better to be with people in Oxford than alone in Monaco. Anyway we will see. 

On another subject, I watched Mission Impossible - Fallout, it's boring but I find all the movies boring nowadays. I did like Vanessa Kirby, she looks so similar with the girl I worked with in Liverpool, so so similar, I do believe the girl from Liverpool would have played the role better to be honest, she was a fine actress (and extremely clever).

Ahhhhhhhhhh what a shame, this girl should have been with me. The universe screwed up. 

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Edited by dias

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• 7 SIGNS YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE (Even If You Don’t Think So)! 😏
      7 SIGNS YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE (Even If You Don’t Think So)! 😏 // Do you ever feel like you aren’t attractive? If yes, then you are totally normal! However, it’s time for you to know the truth. Once you learn the signs you are an attractive man and the signs you are attractive to women, your life will never be the same. This is about more than how to look good or how to attract women. These signs help you see why you actually can attract women in a way that makes them want a relationship with you! EVEN if you sometimes feel that’s impossible. Ready to learn how to know if you’re attractive and the signs you’re attractive? Let’s dive into 7 Signs You Are Attractive (EVEN If You Don’t Think So)!

• 0 replies
    • The Social Minimalist | Can we be Happy without Friends?
      A minimalist lifestyle concerns itself with minimizing the number of material resources we need to be satisfied. A tremendous benefit of this approach is the reduced cost of living. The less we need, the more time, money, and energy we save. So, can we also apply minimalism to our social connections to gain the same benefits? Can we be happy with a minimal amount of friends, or even without friends? This video explores the benefits and downsides of friendship, the current state of friendships, and if we actually need friends.

• 0 replies
    • 6 Secret Habits Smart People Do Every Day
      Do you find yourself more productive in the morning or at night? Did you know that smart people tailor their work routine to whether they are a night owl or a morning bird?

• 0 replies
    • 5 Big Warning Signs You Should Be Worried She's Not Serious About You!
      5 Big Warning Signs You Should Be Worried She's Not Serious About You!... In this dating advice video, I will be sharing with you five big warning signs you should be worried she’s not serious about you. The signs she’s not serious about you can be seen on first dates, online dating, or somewhere in the dating process. Take heed to these big warning signs in dating and be sure to watch the entire video.

• 0 replies
    • "Omg… I got my ex back with THIS text message!"
      Use these texts to get your ex back! In this video, I explain how one of my breakup coaching clients used a few specific text messages to get back with their ex. Learn WHEN to text your ex, WHAT to text your ex, and HOW to safely and effectively use my text message templates to get your ex back and stay together for good. Basically, this video covers exactly how to text your ex back into your arms....

• 0 replies