Open Club  ·  71 members  ·  Free

Journals

A new chapter

dias

22 hours ago, dias said:

I didn't know they could do this.

Why should you? Derailing someone's entire career because they worked remotely seems wildly disproportionate to the offense! I don't think anyone would expect that.

7 hours ago, dias said:

I don't want to think about it anymore. It was a torment.....This chapter of my life is over. It's time for a new chapter.

Then I won't mention it anymore after this one last thing. In general, you can dispute any claim made against you to an organization. You don't necessarily need a lawyer; you just need to figure out how to do it, get the ball rolling, and keep it rolling. Below is the link to the FCA "handbook." 

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/DISP/

Whatever you decide to do is fine, of course. But I figured I'd leave this here for you in case you decide to never give up.

21 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Why should you? Derailing someone's entire career because they worked remotely seems wildly disproportionate to the offense! I don't think anyone would expect that.

I am not angry about the dismissal. I broke the rules, I didn't ask permission, you can dismiss me, fair enough. I made a mistake I paid the price, I accept that, I think it's fair. 

However, launching a MI5 forensic investigation, treating me like Pablo Escobar when you no there is nothing to find, and reporting me to the FCA as "deemed unfit for Senior positions" is I believe very mean and sadistic. My contribution to the company didn't matter whatsoever for them. 

Now you will tell me you are generalizing, what about all your British friends who opened their homes, gave you gifts, believe what happened was egregious and hope you will return to the UK? I am very very grateful to them and what happened does not reflect the majority of people. It happened to encounter nasty people like there are in every place in this world. Unfortunate moment. 

It's very different when you live something like this and just hearing happening to someone else. Believe me it's scary. 

I was wrong yes, they were cruel.

21 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Whatever you decide to do is fine, of course. But I figured I'd leave this here for you in case you decide to never give up.

No it's time to give up. When something like this happens you realize that what you have built can be lost in a moment out of nowhere. It makes you rethink how you see life. 

• Like 1