Mother in Law tearing us apart?

needadvice10

You understand that attacking her on snapchat was a bad idea, so I won’t bother to get into it again.

Your boyfriends mom does sound rude, but for her to reject you so much, I think we’d all need a bit more backstory. As it stands now, the relationship between you two is damaged and from my perspective it’d be good to give it a rest for the sake of everyone. If she texts insulting things about you just try to ignore it and give her as little fuel as possible by just being polite and reserved. Tell your boyfriend you don’t even want to hear what she says if it’s hurtful. Don’t snoop anymore. It won’t help, but only make you angry. You can’t win this battle, she’s still your sons grandma and his fathers mom.

I can understand how frustrating it must be though. And I also understand that leaving your child with anyone at the age of 2 is hard. They need very special care at that age and it’s only natural for moms to want to know if he napped ok, if he ate his lunch etc etc. So for anyone to tell you not to check up on your child, I have to disagree. It takes time to be comfortable and there should be a middle ground in which you slowly learn to trust others with him and for others to understand to give you an update maybe once or twice. I agree, making the sister the mediator isn’t helpful and I would ask bfs mom out for coffee or to come over for dinner and have a heart to heart. Apologize for what you said and tell her you’d love for your son to be around her and you’d also like to hear how he is sporadically.

If you're old enough to have a child, then why aren't you living on your own?

I think your behavior was childish, ungrateful and outrageous. I cannot fathom why you would post those comments on social media. Not smart.

You owe her an apology. Be a better example to your child.

How old are you?

Basically agree with everyone else. The Snapchat posts were passive aggressive, immature and nasty. You had a dig at her relationship history and that actually has nothing to do with your situation. So you just made that comment to be hurtful. There is the saying "Two wrongs don't make it right". So you are not ever going to reconcile with your mother-in-law if you keep doing things like this. I imagine your relationship may have been better if you didn't live with her for three years. She was probably telling you what to do because it's her house and you lived under her roof. If you'd been more independent this may not have happened. I think you need to try to get along and be civil because otherwise things might get worse. This is your child's grandma so you need to work this out so your son can know her.

Good you moved out and back to your parents. Living off her was not working out for you. She's not your mother in law and there is no such thing as 'grandparent rights'. She sounds like a broken person. Your bf has every right to communicate with her and visit her with his son. So stay out of that. Focus on your child and a good home for him. go back to school and make sure you have good employment. Stop the catfight with his mother. Stop posting immature crap to her or about her on social media. You are doing everything you can to push this guy out of your life by being rude and unappreciative. Stop living off people.

So me and BF have been together for 3.5yrs we have a 2 yr old son.

I have always had a love hate relationship with my BF’s mother.

Step 1: stop snooping her texts.

Step 2: stop posting insults.

Step 3: put your eyes on your own paper and manage your own household, especially to the degree that you can move into a place of your own so that no more alienation from anyone's family can occur.

Step 4: gain enough distance from this that you can offer son's grandmother an apology and start behaving like an adult instead of a dependent teenager.

Your son will learn what he sees, so decide to teach self sufficiency and love of family by example.

Archived