I need advice

gohawks292

I think the question should be about contact with his ex and how long ago did they break up? If it's just about a reliable car that his kids caregiver has to drive them to school, appmnts etc then its a non issue. Lots of ex's inlaw(s) do daycare for their grandchildren.

Well yeah... his ex has a good job and she has a car and he provides child support so why can’t the grandparents get their own new transportation he just wants to surprise him with a new van so the kids can have a/c that works.

It just bothers me a little because he hasn’t talk to me about this and all the sudden he wants to buy them for his exes mother? We were looking on craigslist for a car for him and he found a car for her. So that was why I initially got upset but I’m over it and idk if he’s going to get her a car not.

He couldn’t even get his kids candy for Halloween because the ex doesn’t let him come around

Sorry but he's not ready to date if all you are hearing is sob stories about his breakup/custody issues. It sounds like he is trying to get back with her. Step out of this while you're ahead. Reconsider whether you want to continue "being upset" that he doesn't have time for you.

We were looking on craigslist for a car for him and he found a car for her. So that was why I initially got upset but I’m over it and idk if he’s going to get her a car not. He couldn’t even get his kids candy for Halloween because the ex doesn’t let him come around

Are you married or broken up or separated or divorcing? Is this the bf you eloped with/live with or someone you've been seeing since you're estranged from your bf?

Oh my gosh so true with me and my boyfriend (or soon to be ex???)

We knew each other for two weeks and then we eloped to Texas and then we lived together ever since but we’ve been together for nine months now and we’re on the verge of a break up because we are still so Horrified from the past mistakes that we made earlier in the relationship we should’ve never moved on so quickly together.

I still love him but I don’t know if he’s going home tonight so there you go[emoji26][emoji177]

Well yeah... his ex has a good job and she has a car and he provides child support so why can’t the grandparents get their own new transportation he just wants to surprise him with a new van so the kids can have a/c that works.

It just bothers me a little because he hasn’t talk to me about this and all the sudden he wants to buy them for his exes mother? We were looking on craigslist for a car for him and he found a car for her. So that was why I initially got upset but I’m over it and idk if he’s going to get her a car not.

He couldn’t even get his kids candy for Halloween because the ex doesn’t let him come around

It sounds very mixed up and confusing. I'm sorry this is causing you so much grief. It's really up to him to decide if he wants to have a change of heart and buy them a van or more reliable vehicle. Good for you for trying to make peace with that.

The candy thing might be for health reasons and they differ in their views. Do you know if that's the case? Or is it about angst and misgivings between him and his ex? If it's the latter, I'd be wary.

Are you married or broken up or separated or divorcing? Is this the bf you eloped with/live with or someone you've been seeing since you're estranged from your bf?

I tried to quote this same post but my phone refused to cooperate.

OP, are you two married? Living together in a relationship? Separated? What do you mean by "I don't know if he's going home tonight"?

This relationship seems to have more issues than "he bought a car for his kids' grandmother".

So is he trying to overcompensate so that his ex will be less of beeotch and allow him to see his kids when he wants to?

Why does she have to "let him come around?" Doesn't he have scheduled visitation in place? If not, why not?

There is so much missing in your story, including what you mean by "I don't even know if he's going home tonight." Why wouldn't he be going home? (I assume to you).

Is it normal or ok for tour boyfriend to buy a car for his ex-gf mom?? The reason is bc she drives his 3 kiddos around and he wants her to have a good car...

Please help I’m about to freak out lol

Unless grandma has the kids living with her and is raising the kids, then no this is not normal or okay. And if grandma IS raising the kids then where are the parents and why are they not parenting?

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent. It's freedom, when you think about it, no?

We’ll we broke up and it’s for the best! He still has a lot of feelings for his ex and he has regrets of not being the man he was supposed to be so I let him go he let me go and now we’re happy:)

You live and learn[emoji4]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived