Ex of over a decade has publicly called me abusive

Ok get off all her social media . Furthermore delete and block her and all her people from all your devices and all social media and all messaging apps. This is her take on things and there is nothing you can do about it, particularity when the police are called and it was in fact abusive to some extent. You have no case. You just have to face the facts, get on with your life and perhaps get some therapy for your anger and supposed commitment issues.

I know, but honestly it wasn't abusive, at least I don't think so. We were both shocked that the police showed up. I don't know why I even feel the need to explain it here. I just feel extremely scrutinized all over again and it's odd how quickly I feel right back in the space I was in ten years ago. I know I need to do all I can to put as much distance between us as possible and erase her from my life.

I have sought therapy for depression and I feel like I'm much better off now, but in some ways the old difficulties just yielded to newer ones. I'm really trying to work through the commitment phobia and I appreciate all the advice I get.

All the more reason to scrutinize all your social media, messaging apps and devices and settings and make absolutely sure she and all her people are deleted and blocked and that you can sever yourself technologically at least as much as possible. As far as the rest, therapy could help you unpack and sort someone of this, if it's still haunting you this much.

I just feel extremely scrutinized all over again and it's odd how quickly I feel right back in the space I was in ten years ago.

Archived