What a bugger.

loyal

Ugh. Lose this guy. Like, NOW.

It's one thing to disclose that he's dating other people, which is perfectly fine if you two are still just getting to know each other, (and it's done in the interest of honesty/transparency) but there are ways to do that without being a total moron about it.

For whatever reasons, this guy felt the need to tell you, straight out, that he had gone on a date with someone else while he was on a date with someone else. Where I come from, that's a sign of being a classless jerk, regardless of his reasons for doing so (which, I think, were to either 1) brag and make you think he's some kind of lady-magnet who gets lots of dates; or 2) make you jealous so he can feel good about himself; 3) or just to be cruel; 4) OR some combination of all of these.

This is not a good guy, and you've been given a warning about him -- from him, no less. I'd recommend you not see him again unless you want more of the same, and worse, later on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update: I stopped responding to him and we haven't really had any communication since last week. Today, however, he sent me a picture of the woman...in a hotel....in the mountains...in their room.

I just responded "It looks like things are going well!" And I don't plan on being in contact with him again.

This just further confirms for me that this guy is awful. While his actions MAY be rooted in insecurity (and let's face it, we're all insecure about something), this is not the way to behave if you remotely care about someone. Now it seems like he's just trolling you. He liked the idea that you weren't happy about his previous message -- it boosted his fragile ego -- so now he's seeing how far he can take it. Shut. Him. Down. You don't have time for this nonsense.

Update: I stopped responding to him and we haven't really had any communication since last week. Today, however, he sent me a picture of the woman...in a hotel....in the mountains...in their room.

I just responded "It looks like things are going well!" And I don't plan on being in contact with him again.

I'm shocked you responded.

Archived