Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

11 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I am feeling pretty resentful and angry with his work right now. It is taking up endless endless time. And even when he is not working he is not mentally present . 

I bet my boyfriend feels this way about me, right now.

I get it. I wish I had a button where I could just shut myself off. I really, really wish that.

He's being really good about it, though. And I appreciate it so much. I don't know where I'd be right now, if I didn't have such a good partner.

I bet your husband really appreciates you, too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I bet my boyfriend feels this way about me, right now.

I get it. I wish I had a button where I could just shut myself off. I really, really wish that.

He's being really good about it, though. And I appreciate it so much. I don't know where I'd be right now, if I didn't have such a good partner.

I bet your husband really appreciates you, too.

I was calm about it . I said after you finish working for the day can I have some of your time ? I would like you to see something of interest to me. He said yes and he did, but I could see him getting agitated because he didn’t REALLY want to. 
I know he appreciates me but when he is caught up in something we don’t exist . 😓 I know it is hard to switch off as well. It is a difficult situation for both. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

When he is on course he is just so hard to get Into any other headspace. I am sorry you are dealing with this too . Tomorrow he’s finished the second portion of his course and then on Monday starts the third portion. Then the third portion ends on June 11. 

Does he get breaks in between the courses, like a week off or something?  

Mine has to study until late May, which seems like a long ways off.  I'm weird though, I like to study with him, go through his material and mark out what seems important and even my mom is helping create study guides for him and flash cards, etc.  It's like an entire family thing undertaking.  

Usually my mom and dad would come and help me with the kids more during this time, but of course they can't.  They still haven't been able to get vaccinated yet.

Hope it goes fast for you.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Seraphim said:

I also work 12 hours a day

Wow, I didn't realize how long your day was (!!!!).  That is very hard!  I wonder if you could take this opportunity at the new place, to shorten your hours if possible!  You could still charge competitive rates for the area, but just work 7-8 hours instead.

For the woman who asked about the starfish crochet project, I would just apologize and tell her it was too complicated and would take too much time and that you have other projects.  Unless of course you want to put that one first 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Seraphim said:

I told her I would price it out and see if I could do it. But I’m taking a couple days to think rather than rushing into it. 

Did you end up doing the project?  I'm only just starting to kind of understand how I need to slow down and really think about things when I'm trying to offer help.  I can see how much it puts myself or our family at a disposition to put something else (outside) ahead of my usual things... but I didn't understand that even a year ago.  I'm more prone to doing too much in trying to help other people, and that backfiring in ways I didn't foresee.

Really strange how you can see things like this once you've gone through it enough.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Does he get breaks in between the courses, like a week off or something?  

Mine has to study until late May, which seems like a long ways off.  I'm weird though, I like to study with him, go through his material and mark out what seems important and even my mom is helping create study guides for him and flash cards, etc.  It's like an entire family thing undertaking.  

Usually my mom and dad would come and help me with the kids more during this time, but of course they can't.  They still haven't been able to get vaccinated yet.

Hope it goes fast for you.

Hahaha I am just wrecked after a day’s work and still have cleaning to do. I would love to learn but while he is learning he has no patience to teach me. He has all the patience in the world to teach someone else but not me because he doesn't want to teach in his down time because he wants to ready and gear up for courses he need for his staff officer qualifications. My son and I did help him make movie clips he needed to make. My son took animation at college. 

My step dad is getting vaccinated this month! Yay! I can’t see my parents until they are vaccinated. Now just to wait for my mom. 

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize how long your day was (!!!!).  That is very hard!  I wonder if you could take this opportunity at the new place, to shorten your hours if possible!  You could still charge competitive rates for the area, but just work 7-8 hours instead.

For the woman who asked about the starfish crochet project, I would just apologize and tell her it was too complicated and would take too much time and that you have other projects.  Unless of course you want to put that one first 🤷‍♀️

I am rethinking to maybe only taking before and after school kids . I would have most of my day free. 

Did you end up doing the project?  I'm only just starting to kind of understand how I need to slow down and really think about things when I'm trying to offer help.  I can see how much it puts myself or our family at a disposition to put something else (outside) ahead of my usual things... but I didn't understand that even a year ago.  I'm more prone to doing too much in trying to help other people, and that backfiring in ways I didn't foresee.

Really strange how you can see things like this once you've gone through it enough.

I told her $75 supplies plus $50 for my time. She never got back to me oh well I am not a free slave. 

• Like 1

That’s another thing.... they ran away to “ be private” then be private and SHUT UP. Don’t try to be in the public eye and on every newspaper page every single day of the week. For people who so fiercely protest that they want to be private and sue everyone in sight you announce you are pregnant on the very day Diana announced she was pregnant with Harry? Really? You sue a newspaper for the sake of your privacy and then you announce your pregnancy to 7.4 billion people??? Wha? You make sure there are pap shots of you. Etc etc ...Listen no one cares be private like you said you wanted and shut up already. Because you don’t REALLY want to be out of the public eye you just want to control how people see you for your benefit. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

That’s another thing.... they ran away to “ be private” then be private and SHUT UP. Don’t try to be in the public eye and on every newspaper page every single day of the week. For people who so fiercely protest that they want to be private and sue everyone in sight you announce you are pregnant on the very day Diana announced she was pregnant with Harry? Really? You sue a newspaper for the sake of your privacy and then you announce your pregnancy to 7.4 billion people??? Wha? You make sure there are pap shots of you. Etc etc ...Listen no one cares be private like you said you wanted and shut up already. Because you don’t REALLY want to be out of the public eye you just want to control how people see you for your benefit. 

Yea I don't know... on one hand it does appear nutty that if they want privacy, why are they seeking attention?  But I think they're tempted due to all the negative stories about them out there, to kind of make their success away from the Royal Family an, "in your face," kind of thing.  Like... look at us, we're having fun and we don't need you anymore," kind of thing.

Or with the interview, they're saying it's because they feel like they have to defend themselves against all the stories being spread.

Like I said though, it's unfortunate that I don't think the interview will, "work," for many people.  If anything, I think it will make many people even angrier at them.  

And if either of the elder royals happen to pass away soon, the entire UK and Common Wealth countries will blame the death(s) on them and their interview.  

I still feel a little sorry for them... they really can't, "win," this, and the more they actively try to defend themselves, it's like they're digging their own graves.

As my mom says the more you defend yourself the more guilty you look. Anyone who is innocent doesn’t need to go on and on and on and on. Anyone who is innocent just gets on with their life. She didn’t say this in response to them but many times about life in general. 

23 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

As my mom says the more you defend yourself the more guilty you look. Anyone who is innocent doesn’t need to go on and on and on and on. Anyone who is innocent just gets on with their life. She didn’t say this in response to them but many times about life in general. 

Yes, it's the whole, "Doth protest too much," kind of thing.

19 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Yes, it's the whole, "Doth protest too much," kind of thing.

Yes. And why is this interview coming out on Commonwealth Sunday? Oooh let me guess let me guess ... it is a big day and week for the Royal family. Like she had to announce her pregnancy, first one at Princess Eugenie’s wedding. And all the other time she has made “ announcements” like the “ We are leaving the Royal Family “ foot stomping on Catherine’s birthday .... 

Her “ truth “ Will still be her truth any other Sunday and when Prince  Philip is out of danger but nooooooo. 

I am trying to get my Pernie Binkles to be more like a comfort cat like my Shay Shay was. My Shay comforted people . He knew when you needed to be lifted up. Mr Pernie... it is about HIM being pet and wanting attention. ALL. ABOUT. ME. Constantly tapping me with his paw for him to be pet.