Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

8 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Hubby and I had a nice drive in the county. It was nice to have some undivided attention. We were making plans for when we move . Having plans A,B,C. 

That's sweet!!!  Glad he took the time ❤️  That's all we women need really.... it's not that complicated LOL

• Like 2
6 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

That's sweet!!!  Glad he took the time ❤️  That's all we women need really.... it's not that complicated LOL

Exactly! Just a bit of time . Before Covid we had date night every Friday for years ( if he was home ) We would go to the Mess on base but when Covid came they were either closed or not allowing spouses due to Covid so we stopped going. Sometimes our date was a Sat drive. Those we still do a lot but due to Covid he also faces restrictions imposed by his work. 

• Like 1

When we were heading out on our drive yesterday only a KM from my house was an anti lockdown protest. Very small, 10 people , but still has never before been seen here. Luckily they can’t enter the base with their crazy crap they have to stay on the town side. 

Yay!! Hubby passed the second part of the course. Now the easiest portion. It will be most work like in scenario. The back pay comes in real soon. The raise starts April 1 and then another raise July 15. Now just find out where we are going and when. 

• Like 1

Last night’s sleep was really rough .  Really ,I haven’t slept well in a few months now so I have the sleeping pills the doctor gave me last time I think I’m going to start taking them .  When I did get to sleep in my sleep even though I was wearing my night guard I bit my tongue so bloody hard I thought a bit it off . 😨 Thank GOD for a super easy day. I am just wrecked. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I went outside with my before and after kids for about an hour and a half and feel a bit better perky and more relaxed. Had a bath and now sleeping pill and bed. 

Going outside is wonderful ❤️❤️❤️  Ugh! I love the change of being outside in nature's beauty :D Glad it helped you!

• Like 1

I was asleep I think by latest 630 last night. I briefly woke for about 30 seconds at about 1040 that must’ve been when my husband came to bed. Then I woke up at 4:20 briefly for a few seconds. Then when my alarm went off. This morning the mirtazapine is still keeping me calm .  I feel relaxed and rested. I will probably take it the rest of this week. Hopefully that’s enough for my brain to break its old cycle. Last April my doctor gave me 30 of them but said only to take half so I only ever took two I think so I have quite a few to break the cycle. 

I'm not big on prescription drugs, but after my last bout with extreme back pain this past November/December, I do see how they can be useful in interrupting a cycle. It was so awful that I ended up breaking down in December and finally asking the doctor for a painkiller. I never do that.

The doctor gave me 10 of something. I don't remember what they were, but they were non-narcotic. I think they were muscle relaxers. It only took a couple of days to finish the prescription, but it ended up being the nudge my body needed to start healing.

Up until that point, it had just been unending pain that seemed to get worse and worse. I actually ended up calling out of work for days. My theory is that the muscle spasms were creating more muscle spasms. Once the muscles were forcibly relaxed, the spasms were interrupted.

31 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I'm not big on prescription drugs, but after my last bout with extreme back pain this past November/December, I do see how they can be useful in interrupting a cycle. It was so awful that I ended up breaking down in December and finally asking the doctor for a painkiller. I never do that.

The doctor gave me 10 of something. I don't remember what they were, but they were non-narcotic. I think they were muscle relaxers. It only took a couple of days to finish the prescription, but it ended up being the nudge my body needed to start healing.

Up until that point, it had just been unending pain that seemed to get worse and worse. I actually ended up calling out of work for days. My theory is that the muscle spasms were creating more muscle spasms. Once the muscles were forcibly relaxed, the spasms were interrupted.

Sometimes you just need to because the body can’t recover otherwise . Thankfully, your back is better now .  

By yesterday I was just beside myself, really bad . My anxiety is horrendous and I am at the point of depression. My insomnia is REALLY bad which breeds the anxiety and depression. I am hitting a spiral. More sleep will benefit me for sure. At low doses mirtazapine works for insomnia. At larger doses depression mixed with anxiety. It has greatly helped me today even with my anxiety level. I split the 15 mg pill in half so I take 7.5 mg. At 30 mg it is helpful for depression and anxiety. 

• Like 2

Second night of really good sleep and most of the pain in my body is gone. My ability to handle pain is greater. The literally black circles around my eyes are going away. I can look at myself briefly in a mirror. Anxiety and depression are reduced. The feeling that my brain is severely agitated is reduced. 

By the weekend I should be sparkling. 😀

Another fabulous sleep but to be interrupted by smashing glass. Apparently one of my idiot cats for whatever unknown reason thought they would jump up on the TV stand and smash my glass ornaments and then come screaming under the bed terrified . 🤯🤯🤬🤬

14 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Tonight is my zoom crochet group. 

Cool! I've been having my zoom beadweaving class these last few weeks. Almost as good as if I was actually attending the class in person! The difference is, I've already learned most of the techniques for beadweaving, whereas I have almost no knowledge about crochet.... I think I'll have to attend in-person classes for knitting and crochet before I can do the online ones.

• Like 1