Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

Just now, Jibralta said:

We're supposed to have some coming then, too. Supposedly 10". We still have snow on the ground from 2 weeks ago. It's warm today, and much of it is melting. Could make for some icy conditions on Thursday/Friday.

We are at -18 C right now so it will stay but be above zero next week and probably melt . 

This is strangely comforting. It is kind of akin to a visualization that I used to sleep. The visualization that I use to sleep is we have a community of connected homes in the middle of the forest ,most of the people are related. We have all the professionals that we need; doctors ,dentists ,nurse electrician ,you name it there are people there. We have no need to go to society/ cities unless it’s to find medicines or certain foods that we can’t grow or make ourselves. All our homes are made of wood and interconnected. We all have wood-burning stove downstairs and upstairs. The most vulnerable members of our society are kept on the inner part of the circle of homes. Our little community is surrounded by 15 different fences which go down 300 feet into the ground and up about 100 feet above our homes. There is also fencing that goes completely over the top of all our homes and connects with the other part of the fence on the other side so there is no way to get into our community except with a member of that community to show you the way. We all protect and care for each other and are completely safe . 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Like 1

I am really loving this crochet pattern . Fast and easy. 

I am wondering if the nerve in my thumb is trying to regenerate after 15 years?? I have been having pain in the thumb tip that feels like when the rest of the nerve was growing after being cut. But after 15 years???

We played outside with the littles today. Was only about -8C. 

Ah, that was such a calming video.

Well, I wanted it to be calming....

When I got to 1:52, where she was painting the flowers, I started thinking about the painting class I took last year.

Then, at minute 3:00, I started to think, "Why am I not doing this? When am I going to start doing this? How can I start doing this? Should I quit my job and buy a country house? How long can I make it like that? Will my boyfriend need to work, or can we just take a year off? A year off would be nice."

And throughout this internal dialog, were the thoughts about the painting class that I took--more like images in my mind. I was really good at it for absolutely no reason, and it actually scares me a little. I made a red apple look realistic with blue paint!! Nobody taught me to do that. I don't know where it came from or if it will come back again. I think back on it and wonder, w t f?

Maybe that magic can fade. Or maybe I can kill the magic somehow. Maybe it's gone already and I'll be stuck in my little country cottage for a year with some useless paint supplies 😅.  

Ok, this is going in my journal. lol.

Edited by Jibralta
  • Like 1

Jeeeeebus what a day. The same daycare mom who is always taking advantage did so again today. I always change her kiddos diaper before preschool. He arrives at my place at 7:20 and he was FLOATING in pee and I mean all the way down his pants and midway up   his shirt by eight when I went to change him. So you know he wasn’t changed right before he got to my place because that is not one pee. She changes him at five and then doesn’t change him again. Also there are no extra clothes in his school bag or his daycare bag. So I text her saying he wasn’t  going to preschool today because I was washing and drying his clothes that were soaked in pee and no extras. So she kept badgering me to get him there and if I get get him there by 9:15. She said isn’t there even shorts in the bag?? I said look I can’t send him in pee clothes or shorts they will call CAS on me so... I said this is preschool he can play cars and paint here just as well as he can there. 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I did get him to school on speed wash and dry. 

Then my son walked 2 km to McDonald’s to try and get a filet o fish and  gets some ridiculous story about using an app. Then  they give him a McChicken. He said I can’t eat  a chicken it’s Friday and it’s Lent I want the fillet o fish. Then they tell him there’s no fillet o fish.( which is bull because I drove through the drive-through to get him one) So he asks for his money back and they said they can’t take the food back or give the money back because of Covid. That’s where he lost it and demanded his money back. They told him no and that’s when he swore at them and said give me my money back. And he took his mask off. He said if you give me my money back I will put my mask on and leave peacefully. Then someone in the line called him the R word so my son flipped them off got his money and left and walked 2 KM home. 

My husband called the manager only to find out they don’t need an app ,they can get their money back and they have to take food back. He also explained that my son is autistic and has a hearing processing disorder and if you were not completely direct and your signage is not completely direct he doesn’t know what’s happening. The manager apologized and said they would talk to the employee about being more accommodating to disabled people They gave my son an apology and are sending him coupons. 

Edited by Seraphim