Ex Gf Left me... Still loves and cares for me?! Help!

I can see what you are saying. She's pressing pause and now your life's in hold. If it was me I'd press the 'stop' button and remove the old tape. I wouldn't want someone else in control of my future happiness. She shouldn't be contacting your family or you hers. It's no longer appropriate if it's affecting you.

Only she knows why she's doing what she's doing and I guess you are looking for closure and the black and white reason why but I'm telling you that will not get that. You get your own closure from moving on.

I don't think anything she is doing is to leave the door open I think it's firmly shut. It's just your mind desperately clinging onto any semblance of hope.

You need to delete and block her and all her people from all your social media and messaging apps. As long as the thorn is still in your side this much it will be painful and prevent healing/moving forward. But it's not 'pause", it's "stop".

Her family still in contact with me. It’s as if someone hit “pause”.

Buddy, how old are you guys?

I'm in a similar situation but with much more time and share a son, she made the same petty excuse of "I need a breather, time alone." let me tell you it's hard to realize that once happily ever after idea just vanished.

Just focus on yourself for the time being, if she wants you back, she'll come back to you but for now let her deal with whatever she's dealing with.

Don't cling onto hope cuz that will only drag you down to an abyss, trust me cuz I've and living it right now.

Okay guys... so I decided to text her to see if she wanted to get food this weekend. I told myself if she says “no” then that’s the final strike for me to just move on. She replied with “I don’t know yet.”

What do you think this means?

It doesn't mean "yes".

All you are doing is re-enforcing her decision. Didn't she ask you for space and time? Yet you text her to see if she wants to get food. Does that sound like you are giving her time? You are using "food" as an excuse to contact her. Have you not thought of her feelings at all or is it about you? Sounds to me that your impulsiveness is more important than her wishes.

Archived