GF pregnant..Interesting timing (30M) (26F)

Yarmer

Okay, then I will suggest it, cause I think it's possible, even likely, that's what happened.

No woman goes off birth control unless she wants to have a baby, and with that baby, comes marriage, family, just what her sister has.

And the fact this pregnancy was a surprise to OP indicates she never discussed with him - this wreaks of manipulation imo.

I think OP knows this too, hence his "interesting timing" title, and why he's not responding to questions.

Think you're wrong here. She can't afford BC.

Yes, she can. Everyone can afford abstinence even if for some odd reason she cannot afford condoms (and I would suggest something like the pill or a patch too given that you don't want to be a father). Intercourse without protection for people who don't want to be parents is too risky -even if she chose to use abortion as birth control that could be very risky to her body/future fertility.

Lecturing me after the fact helps who?

I am seeking advice for the days ahead. Thank you to those who have provided some guidance and helpful insight.

Well, that is up to her. The baby is in her body. So if she decides she wants her baby , you will be paying child support.

Oh good lord, no disrespect to her or you, but that excuse has got to be the biggest load of BS I've read on this forum.

What do you think her costs would be if she were to get pregnant? Abortions are NOT cheap (ranges from about $350 to $950 in the first trimester) and if she chose to have the baby, on average raising one child costs in excess of $15,000 dollars per year!

Does she not have healthcare? That would cover the cost of BC. And if she didn't, average cost is between $15.00 and $50.00 TOPS per month.

We never had any used any protection....and reading between the lines maybe that is what she wants, but I am not there financially/mentally to have a child.

I would think that at 30 yrs old, you would have enough common sense to use protection. You're both equally responsible for the use of BC, therefore what were you thinking?

Hopefully this child has a fair shot at life.

But no doubt YOU can afford condoms, right? If neither of you can afford BC you shouldn't be having sex. Unprotected sex = babies = a LOT of money ..... a LOT more money than birth control.

If she decides to keep the baby then you'll be paying child support.

Archived