Husband hiding money

DonnaHolmes

My friend overheard a conversation he had at a Xmas party we had last Christmas. She heard him say to his 3 grown ups that they'll be ok when he dies they'll get his pension. So it seems I play no part in his life. I don't know why he married me. So I've made the decision to get a divorce

My friend overheard a conversation he had at a Xmas party we had last Christmas. She heard him say to his 3 grown ups that they'll be ok when he dies they'll get his pension. So it seems I play no part in his life. I don't know why he married me. So I've made the decision to get a divorce

Smart. Who owns the home?

Smart decision. He's not transparent with you and doesn't include you, his wife, in his plans. Also the divorce with his ex wife is very worrying and him wanting you to pay for everything and not talking to you a year when you didn't. I advise hiring a good attorney. Don't resolve anything without a professional mediator on your side.

This is becoming a bit ridiculous and I'm afraid that your behaviour is not really one that warrants respect for your partner or self-respect. If you feel compelled to go through your partner's phone, you should be asking yourself if it's necessary and to what end? The problem is you already distrust him. How low are you prepared to sink before you have the confidence to walk away from a situation that you have already determined is not good for yourself? Are you actively seeking to destroy the marriage or any civility? When I mentioned finding out the information you need to know, I meant in an open environment and where two people respect each other to have a decent conversation and where there is some semblance of trust. If you feel in your deepest heart of hearts that you cannot trust him, you already have your answer and you should be tying up loose ends. Resorting to behaviour like this is not helpful to your wellbeing in the long term and you are prolonging yourself (and your partner, together or separate) from finding real solutions.

If you want to separate and initiate a divorce, speak to a divorce lawyer and start speaking to a financial advisor on separating your finances.

How long was the marriage? Can you petition to annul? Did you just pay for the license ($50-100) and/or did you have a ceremony with his family? Are you speaking with them? 50k is not worth a lifetime with this dishonest man. It can be gone in a second. I'd get a lawyer if you plan on something more complex, don't think none of us can help with the legal part

This is becoming a bit ridiculous and I'm afraid that your behaviour is not really one that warrants respect for your partner or self-respect. If you feel compelled to go through your partner's phone, you should be asking yourself if it's necessary and to what end? The problem is you already distrust him. How low are you prepared to sink before you have the confidence to walk away from a situation that you have already determined is not good for yourself? Are you actively seeking to destroy the marriage or any civility? When I mentioned finding out the information you need to know, I meant in an open environment and where two people respect each other to have a decent conversation and where there is some semblance of trust. If you feel in your deepest heart of hearts that you cannot trust him, you already have your answer and you should be tying up loose ends. Resorting to behaviour like this is not helpful to your wellbeing in the long term and you are prolonging yourself (and your partner, together or separate) from finding real solutions.

If you want to separate and initiate a divorce, speak to a divorce lawyer and start speaking to a financial advisor on separating your finances.

He has no respect for the OP, has hidden money from her, ignored her & told family that they are getting his pension, and you expect him to have a decent & trusting conversation with her ?? LOLOLOLOL

Rose. Are you being serious ?? Really a civilised conversation ?? All you've done on here is blame me. Do you know him ?? Yea I looked through his phone like he looks through mine. Yes our marriage is a disaster so time out !!

You're thinking right. This man has disrespected you over and over. Expecting him to have a civilised conversation with you when he shut you off for a year previously and has hidden important information from you is being delusional.

Agree. When someone is leading a duplicitous life, hiding money and being deceitful, intel gathering via phone is certainly justified. So is getting an attorney and a forensic accountant. It's amazing that some people think "talking in an open environment" will resolve problems with liars, cheaters or scammers. In a psychobabble ideal world everyone is honest and open and talking is the solution to everything.

Thankfully, you went through the phone, as you would have never learned the truth.
Agree. When someone is leading a duplicitous life, hiding money and being deceitful, intel gathering via phone is certainly justified. So is getting an attorney and a forensic accountant. It's amazing that some people think "talking in an open environment" will resolve problems with liars, cheaters or scammers. In a psychobabble ideal world everyone is honest and open and talking is the solution to everything.

I agree. I don't agree with snooping when it stems from control or insecurity, but when you're suspicious of something important like the this finances scheme, cheating or other stuff that puts the relationship and you in jeopardy, sometimes it's better to get it over with and gather intel so that one can make an informed decision as soon as possible.

It's easy to blame others. Perhaps the trick is also not to be a psycho, liar or a scammer.

Look, Donna, do whatever pleases you. If it feels good to you to resolve things this way and if it gives you peace of mind, go ahead. I'm only pointing out, again in your best interests, that these aren't a long term fix. You should try to figure out your living situation and your finances. You've got what you wanted. Enough of the small mind games.

Hi @DonnaHolmes this seems quite a difficult and complicated situation you are having to deal with in your marriage. Would you consider going with him for marriage counseling before you make a final decision. I think you need to find a way to communicate all you've find out to your husband regardless of how you came about the information and see what he has to say.

Marriage takes two committed people working as a team and from what you've said, this doesn't seem to be the case....so sorry. Wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks B4bella I don't think we can work this out, too many lies and deceit. I've sat here for a few days now and thought about everything that's happened, the times I've struggled. I feel that all I am is someone to chuck in with the bills so he can build up his savings for whatever reason. I'm not money motivated and he knows that, so why can't he be honest with me(his wife) and if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be out on the street by now.

Archived