So I've been talking to this guy

Honeycomb8

I think I do have interest so I'm alil worried that it'll be ruined if that makes sense. He says if we get along he wants to take me to this concert next month and says he's gonna teach me to snowboard. I'm gonna chat with him in the phone in the next few hours and hopefully decide what I wanna do.

The other guy was very straight forward and set up a time n place so I thought why not. This one, feels more personal.

It's fine if it feels more personal. Just keep your feet on the ground and remind yourself that he is a stranger who you will meet for an hour to see if a first date should happen. The future talk is ok because it's about activities, fun stuff but keep it that way - it's fun to feel personal too as long as you keep the stranger perspective IMO.

I think I do have interest so I'm alil worried that it'll be ruined if that makes sense. He says if we get along he wants to take me to this concert next month and says he's gonna teach me to snowboard. I'm gonna chat with him in the phone in the next few hours and hopefully decide what I wanna do.

The other guy was very straight forward and set up a time n place so I thought why not. This one, feels more personal.

Awesome!

Can’t wait for the first date to be set!

Keep us updated 😊

HC, I totally hear ya about the personal aspect. That's how it was with my bf too when we first started chatting on line.

We click with some people that way, others we don't. Not as much anyway.

Sounds like you two have great energy, on line anyway which is a great start!!

I also hear ya about being nervous!! Very normal.

I hope your phone call goes well! My bf and I did not speak on phone first, but when we met, everything made sense (if that makes any sense).

Good luck!!

We really really click on the phone, talked for like 3 n half hours on the first call. But he's like my height. He said something about not wanting to ever date someone taller a few days ago so hmmmm. Lol worse case scenario we stay actual friends.

Sounds like you've got great energy! Remember great energy trumps all else; maybe you will both surprise yourselves and your respective heights won't mean a hill of beans!

Maybe stay open to the possibility?

Good luck with the meet, Honeycomb. Hope you two have fun!

FWIW, I used to feel the same way as you. I’m 5’10” and find that I’m taller than a lot of men I meet, or at least within the same height range. I had a preference for dating taller men for a long time, until I moved to a bigger and better city and started meeting tons of men of various heights (mainly through work and social events). I began to find myself attracted to men who were 5’9”, which I never thought would happen.

I do believe that personality and character will trump height if you meet the right guy. I hope you keep an open mind. You just might surprise yourself. You may realize that your preference for height may not be as much of a priority for you in a man as time goes on, and as you meet more people.

Please keep us posted on your meet with this guy. Would love to hear what happens. :)

We really really click on the phone, talked for like 3 n half hours on the first call. But he's like my height. He said something about not wanting to ever date someone taller a few days ago so hmmmm. Lol worse case scenario we stay actual friends.

Does he know your height? I would ratchet down all expectations and treat this as meeting a near-stranger for coffee to see if you should go on an actual date in the future or stay in touch in a causal friendly way.

He knows. He's half an inch taller, which is nothing obviously. I had a date tonight with this other guy who I've been talking to. He also knows one of my friends lol...This is not the one I mentioned in the previous page.

The guy seemed a little shy and didn't make the most eye contact. The convo flowed well enough and he was funny. Date ended hour and half ago and he's just texted me.

Said I made his day ha.

He knows. He's half an inch taller, which is nothing obviously. I had a date tonight with this other guy who I've been talking to. He also knows one of my friends lol...This is not the one I mentioned in the previous page.

The guy seemed a little shy and didn't make the most eye contact. The convo flowed well enough and he was funny. Date ended hour and half ago and he's just texted me.

Said I made his day ha.

Well, no, it's taller/same height. It depends on how strictly he follows that rule. Glad you are out there dating!

So I met the guy and it turned out to be one of the best dates I've ever had. We talked for nearly 6 hours and the bar had to close. The in person transition was effortless and he was exactly how I imagined him. I really liked his personality and I laughed a lot. We're gonna go bike riding and get food two days from now lol. I'm so glad you guys told me to just do it.

So I met the guy and it turned out to be one of the best dates I've ever had. We talked for nearly 6 hours and the bar had to close. The in person transition was effortless and he was exactly how I imagined him. I really liked his personality and I laughed a lot. We're gonna go bike riding and get food two days from now lol. I'm so glad you guys told me to just do it.

Oh my goodness -what lovely news! Have fun on the bike ride!

Awesome news! Have fun on your date!

Archived