Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

Whelp, I have to get out of bed but I don’t want to. Mondays are always so gross. Six more years and I will be 60, and I am just so ready to be done working , you know ? After a lifetime of work I am tired. I have been working for almost 40 years now and I am TIRED. 

I have to wait until the 18th to reapply for the CRB. 

Toddler issues toddler issues. One of my toddlers has a BEAST of a temper . Yesterday she throat punched and grabbed another daycare buddy by the neck and slapped me in the face. She has ALWAYS had a ferocious temper even at 7 months old. 

True 2 is a time of big feelings and she is going to be a big sister in a month but I fear for that baby. 

She had time out yesterday for the first time and MAN was she indignant! 

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Toddler issues toddler issues. One of my toddlers has a BEAST of a temper . Yesterday she throat punched and grabbed another daycare buddy by the neck and slapped me in the face. She has ALWAYS had a ferocious temper even at 7 months old. 

True 2 is a time of big feelings and she is going to be a big sister in a month but I fear for that baby. 

She had time out yesterday for the first time and MAN was she indignant! 

Wow!!!!  It constantly amazes me how different children can all be from each other!

Our first was fairly violent like that, but he got a million times easier after about age 3.  He was HARD though... mostly due to his temper and the fits he'd throw.

The middle two just weren't like that.  The 2nd was our Viking child and he was super easy going until about age 3 when tantrums or meltdowns finally hit.  Now he occasionally has a meltdown that's pretty big, but I can calm him down fairly fast.

Our 3rd, our beautiful daughter, was somewhat high maintenance in needs as a baby (fed a ton more and less easy going than our second), but was gentle and sweet and very loving even as a baby.  She's only now getting into an attitude phase we're having to correct at age 3 1/2.  

And then our last, 4th baby... he's high maintenance as far as his needs go, AND he sometimes has a little temper.  Not as bad as our oldest had at his age, it's more in a cute way.  

But WOW can they all be extremely different!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Wow!!!!  It constantly amazes me how different children can all be from each other!

Our first was fairly violent like that, but he got a million times easier after about age 3.  He was HARD though... mostly due to his temper and the fits he'd throw.

The middle two just weren't like that.  The 2nd was our Viking child and he was super easy going until about age 3 when tantrums or meltdowns finally hit.  Now he occasionally has a meltdown that's pretty big, but I can calm him down fairly fast.

Our 3rd, our beautiful daughter, was somewhat high maintenance in needs as a baby (fed a ton more and less easy going than our second), but was gentle and sweet and very loving even as a baby.  She's only now getting into an attitude phase we're having to correct at age 3 1/2.  

And then our last, 4th baby... he's high maintenance as far as his needs go, AND he sometimes has a little temper.  Not as bad as our oldest had at his age, it's more in a cute way.  

But WOW can they all be extremely different!

Absolutely. And her daycare buddy is sweet and gentle. And she smacked her 3 year old buddy too and he cried because his feelings were hurt . 

Today she was better. Two time outs and she knew she wasn’t getting away with her temper and she was hugging her buddies the rest of the morning. 

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Absolutely. And her daycare buddy is sweet and gentle. And she smacked her 3 year old buddy too and he cried because his feelings were hurt . 

Ugh that's sad for the other ones!!!!  Part of why I'm glad I watch mine myself is because they aren't getting hit/bitten etc. in daycare.  I get it that it makes them tougher, but ugh!!!!  I want my babies to be cuddled and loved by me at this stage!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Yikes!!  Do her parents talk about it at all with you?  Are they freaked out?  

We were totally 100% freaked out with our oldest... but he ended up becoming very sweet and kind and even extra gentle.  Back when he was in school his teachers praised him for his character being so kind... so hopefully she changes and it's just some odd baby phase going on.

We've known some really mean kids though!  Like aggressively mean and unnecessarily cruel!  Makes me wonder what they were like as babies... if there was any indication they'd turn out that way?

5 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Yikes!!  Do her parents talk about it at all with you?  Are they freaked out?  

We were totally 100% freaked out with our oldest... but he ended up becoming very sweet and kind and even extra gentle.  Back when he was in school his teachers praised him for his character being so kind... so hopefully she changes and it's just some odd baby phase going on.

We've known some really mean kids though!  Like aggressively mean and unnecessarily cruel!  Makes me wonder what they were like as babies... if there was any indication they'd turn out that way?

Nope they think she’s the best thing since white sliced bread. And she’s good as gold at home but then at home she doesn’t have to share squat. It’s because we have a new little guy the same age as her and she doesn’t want to share and she doesn’t want to know him and she doesn’t give a crap and she is smart as a shiny button. She is jealous . 

1 hour ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Boy are they going to have a wake up call LOL  Wow!

You have that right. She knows something is up with mom because mom told me they talk about mom’s big belly. The baby dolls here right now she throws them on the ground and body slams them. 😳🤯They think it is “daycare influence “ hahahaha um no. Because they take everything she does or doesn’t do as a reflection of them and their pride , especially dad. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

You have that right. She knows something is up with mom because mom told me they talk about mom’s big belly. The baby dolls here right now she throws them on the ground and body slams them. 😳🤯They think it is “daycare influence “ hahahaha um no. Because they take everything she does or doesn’t do as a reflection of them and their pride , especially dad. 

Oh that makes sense.  Yes I briefly watched a child that had severe behavior issues (I think he actually had oppositional defiant disorder... when I explained all of his behavior to my psychologist, who has over 30 years experience, he thought it was probably that because his behaviors were that rare!).  

Anyway... with that child, his mom never believed it was actually him and tried to blame OUR kids for his behavior.  Our kids were really freaked out about him, so it only lasted a couple of weeks, but it was a horrible experience dealing with parents who couldn't admit their child has severe issues.

And you're right that it's because it's too tied in to their own self-esteem as parents.  If these parents weren't so self-absorbed and viewed their kids as an extension of themselves, they would take the behavior more seriously and parent better to correct it!

I think it is mostly that she is two just turned two moved 1.5 months ago and is going to be a big sister. She is also learning 2 languages at once. Her family is Francophone and we speak partial French to her and partial English. So trying to learn two languages at once moving and becoming a big sister at two years old is a lot. A lot of big emotions and not enough language skills to explain it. She is also incredibly bright and knows what you say in either language. She kind of reminds me of myself at that age. I learned two languages at once and was bright and high maintenance. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I think it is mostly that she is two just turned two moved 1.5 months ago and is going to be a big sister. She is also learning 2 languages at once. Her family is Francophone and we speak partial French to her and partial English. So trying to learn two languages at once moving and becoming a big sister at two years old is a lot. A lot of big emotions and not enough language skills to explain it. She is also incredibly bright and knows what you say in either language. She kind of reminds me of myself at that age. I learned two languages at once and was bright and high maintenance. 

Aw she really is just a baby/toddler.  Sorry if I implied she had severe behavior issues like the child I had briefly watched (he was elementary age)!  Not my intention at all, more just frustrated at having to deal with parents who think their kids are angels when it's obviously otherwise lol. :D 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Aw she really is just a baby/toddler.  Sorry if I implied she had severe behavior issues like the child I had briefly watched (he was elementary age)!  Not my intention at all, more just frustrated at having to deal with parents who think their kids are angels when it's obviously otherwise lol. :D 

I understand. My son had a lot of issues in his early years and I didn’t let anyone look after him except my mom. 

On 1/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Seraphim said:

Nope they think she’s the best thing since white sliced bread. And she’s good as gold at home but then at home she doesn’t have to share squat. It’s because we have a new little guy the same age as her and she doesn’t want to share and she doesn’t want to know him and she doesn’t give a crap and she is smart as a shiny button. She is jealous . 

Hoo boy, those parents are in for an awakening!

However, it is really good for her that she is with you at daycare, and at least the concept of sharing is introduced...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, luminousone said:

Hoo boy, those parents are in for an awakening!

However, it is really good for her that she is with you at daycare, and at least the concept of sharing is introduced...

Oh I think they are going to and I think they are going to find out when their new baby is born next month. 

So another bomb has been thrown into our well oiled machine. I get a text from little guy‘s mom last night the one  we walked to school that I wasn’t going to walk to school in the first damn place that it’s policy of the school that every adult wear a mask on school grounds. That other families have complained my son doesn’t wear a mask when walking him to school. And my son for his part said said  no goddamn way in hell he’s wearing a mask outside. So now I have to walk kiddo and hope the other parents are ok with my son being with the babies for 15 mins. 

6 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I get a text from little guy‘s mom last night the one  we walked to school that I wasn’t going to walk to school in the first damn place that it’s policy of the school that every adult wear a mask on school grounds.

Do you think your son could get an official doctor's note explaining why he can't/won't wear them, his autism basically?  Is that possible?

I know a man who got an official doctor's note for his asthma I think, and it works.  Stores get angry but when he shows them his official  note they really can't do much about it.