Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

We have been trying to potty train said preschooler with pull-ups but with pull-ups he doesn’t care and just goes in it. So mom wants him to just wear undies. I am not so coolio with cleaning up pee and poo all day . When dealing with 4 other kids . 

25 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

For sure . I will be glad to have only two left in diapers. I remember when we had 5 in diapers and I wanted to cry. 

I have a one year old and a 2 year old in diapers. The 3 year old is potty training. And the others go to the bathroom themselves. 

Wow five would be so so hard!!!

Even with two it is a lot ... Sometimes feels like never-ending poop. 

Dear Families, 

The posting gods have decided after 11 years here in …. that it is time for us to move onto ….. as of July 15.

It has been a great pleasure to know all of you and I appreciate your trust in letting me care for your beloved children . I will hold all of you in my heart as I move forward in my journey of life and business. 

My last day of operation will be June 30, 2021. 

Holding all of you in our hearts,

….. 

My son held school for our 7 year old dc kiddo today. He taught about space for 1.5 hours and then they discussed racism and disability. I was so proud of him. I wish I could show the video but it would not be fair to his identity. I took a short two minute video which I put onto our daycare page. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Like 1

The kids are just WILD today. Whenever this one little is here she just CANT stop ANYTHING. She whirls and jumps and talks and uses her outdoor voice incessantly. Even during quiet time watching a movie while the littles sleep she is jumping on my couch non stop . She has everyone jumping and screaming and throwing because she can’t stop. Her mom was recently diagnosed with ADD. This one is definitely hyper and inattentive. I have known she was since she was 2. Her sister is more ADD. One little guy I am positive is Autistic. I have lived with neurodiversity my entire life so I notice it like a beacon. 

Edited by Seraphim

I made a huge mistake and ate some sunflower seeds. 😱😱 This morning my IBS is insane. I have gone 17 times and threw up 3 times. All before 7 AM. I am dying. It is not usually so bad that I throw up. What a miserable morning . Going to need my son’s help a lot today. 

I made the decision to tell my families June 1 that we are moving and my last day of operation is June 30. 

1 minute ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Ooooo wow!  Yikes!  Good luck!

Haha right ? At least I don’t have the babies today . The girls have been out of school since after April break. They come 3 days a week because mom doesn’t want to pay more than 3 days and the other 2 days they are with her mom. 

I have had these two since I opened so they were 2 and 5. They have always been a massive handful because the parents don’t believe in boundaries. 

My sweetest little guy I have had since he was 13 months and we are having his 4th birthday party the day I close . He is a Canada Day baby, July 1. July one is when I usually start my two holidays anyway every year. So we always have his birthday on 30 June. This year it will be birthday party and closing party. 

Fun fun morning . Little guy who is almost 4 and REFUSES to be toilet trained and pees through his pull ups ALL THE TIME peed through onto hubby‘s chair and picked a hole in it. 😡😡😡🤬🤬

He’s in a phase where he wants to be a big kid but a baby at the same time so he outright refuses to be toilet trained it’s not that he can’t be he just plain out and out refuses. 

So I Febreezed the hell out of Hubby’s living-room chair and put thread on a pick up order so I can sew the hole. 

Edited by Seraphim

So, I give out the letters tomorrow. My stomach is in a clench but it needs to be done. I guess it’s in a clinch because I don’t want people to be irritated at me but I can’t control other people. And I’m also scared about restarting in our new home. Starting up a business is hard in any time but in Covid it’s worse. 

19 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

People are going back into the workplace.  I can pretty much guarantee you will have no shortage of clients in your new location.

After summer they might be here. We are still in lockdown and haven’t started reopening yet. We only hit phase 1 on June 14. And each phase is 21 days long and dependant on ICU admissions and vaccination rates . At this rate it will be well into August before we have some semblance of normalcy with restrictions. 

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

After summer they might be here. We are still in lockdown and haven’t started reopening yet. We only hit phase 1 on June 14. And each phase is 21 days long and dependant on ICU admissions and vaccination rates . At this rate it will be well into August before we have some semblance of normalcy with restrictions. 

Hm, yes that is difficult indeed.  But there still might be families who are searching for reliable, safe childcare in your new location.  And once you have a couple of children word of mouth is great advertising.

Hopefully things settle down soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Hm, yes that is difficult indeed.  But there still might be families who are searching for reliable, safe childcare in your new location.  And once you have a couple of children word of mouth is great advertising.

Hopefully things settle down soon.

For sure . People always need childcare. However the new year will bring a new conundrum the federal government is trying to bring in federally funded Daycare. Which means the parents only pay $10 a day. It will screw independents  like me and force us to go licensed. Plus people will flood back into centres because it’s only $10 a day. Which will also drive our federal taxes up like crazy even if you don’t have kids or daycare age kids you will still be paying for those people who do use it. 

Personally I'd rather pay more and not have my kids in some huge facility where they might not get the individual attention I prefer them to have.

I removed my son from a big preschool where he was in a room with about 25 other kids and was not being given the care I wanted him to have.  They pressured him to be able to write his name at age  3 (!) and said they would not move him up with the other kids his age unless and until he was able to do so.  He is left handed and struggled to translate what they were showing him into using his left hand.  So yeah, no.

I moved him to a much smaller, privately run facility based in a church where he didn't get as much of the academics the preschool offered but got what I viewed as loving care.  He did much better there.

• Like 1