Does she like me?

monkeyguy80

I own a business and the other owner's niece works there. We flirt a lot at work and she always follows me around. And whenever she leaves she always asks if I'm coming in the next day and makes a sad face if I'm not. She also stays after clocking out and talks to me for a while. But then sometimes I'll text or call her outside of work and she will either completely ignore me or take literally 6 hours to respond. Also I noticed she kind of leans away from me if I sit next to her. Tonight we went out for the first time outside of work to a store shopping, dinner and an escape room. We talked the entire night and I had a great time. I noticed in the car she was leaning away from me again rather straight in her seat until later in the night on the way back she sat normal in the seat. When I dropped her off she stayed and we chatted in the car for about 20 mins then I hugged her and she hugged me back and we said goodnight. I texted her to let her know I got home ok and now 3 hours later she still hasn't responded. I'm puzzled..... Why does she seem to like me when we're together but doesn't return my texts or calls?

It doesn't seems she likes you and above all, I agree with Danzee, stay away from thee other owner's niece.

Assuming she's young, she might just be flirting when at work. If she was into you she would be very responsive to your texts and calls.

I own a business and the other owner's niece works there. We flirt a lot at work and she always follows me around. And whenever she leaves she always asks if I'm coming in the next day and makes a sad face if I'm not. She also stays after clocking out and talks to me for a while. But then sometimes I'll text or call her outside of work and she will either completely ignore me or take literally 6 hours to respond. Also I noticed she kind of leans away from me if I sit next to her. Tonight we went out for the first time outside of work to a store shopping, dinner and an escape room. We talked the entire night and I had a great time. I noticed in the car she was leaning away from me again rather straight in her seat until later in the night on the way back she sat normal in the seat. When I dropped her off she stayed and we chatted in the car for about 20 mins then I hugged her and she hugged me back and we said goodnight. I texted her to let her know I got home ok and now 3 hours later she still hasn't responded. I'm puzzled..... Why does she seem to like me when we're together but doesn't return my texts or calls?
I would not get involved with your partner's niece. That has disaster written all over it. Here's what you need to realize. Being the boss is attractive to some girls. And being a business owner you should get used to this. That doesn't mean they all want to get into your pants.

TL:DR this is a major no-go in my opinion. This could really mess with your business relationship.

Definitely stay away from the business owner's niece. You're playing with fire. It's also very unprofessional. You're the boss and a superior.

I would say her body language suggests that while she flirts, she's not interested you in that way. Maybe flirting with the boss is her idea of job security or how she manages men who will do things for her or she likes to keep men sniffing after, more of a manipulation situation or attention, not necessarily a desire to have a relationship.

How does the other business owner feel about the flirting? Is he okay with the boss flirting with the staff, or is he okay with you flirting with and the idea of you dating his niece? Are there other staff, and how do they feel about the open flirting and displays of affection with the subordinate?

Because you are coming on too strong, her uncle is her boss and she works there so wants to be nice.

sometimes I'll text or call her outside of work and she will either completely ignore me or take literally 6 hours to respond. Also I noticed she kind of leans away from me if I sit next to her. Why does she seem to like me when we're together but doesn't return my texts or calls?

Archived