My ex texted me 9 months post-breakup

Disenchanted

Her: Hey, hope you're doing well. I know it's been a while since we last talked, but do you mind if I ask you something?

Her, 20 mins later: Sorry, don't worry about that actually. Hope all is well. Goodnight.

Me: Hey sorry, just got out of the shower. What's the question?

Her: No worries. I just realized it's something old, so it's not important.

Me: I don’t really mind answering questions about old stuff. It’s up to you though.

Her: No, it's okay. Have a good night :)

Me: Ok, hope you’re doing well too. Good night! 😄

I was and am still trying to keep my cool, but the curiosity is killing me!!!

Long story short: We broke up 9 months ago after a 3 year relationship (she ended it). She reached out 2 months ago wanting to have coffee, but I declined because I knew it was going to get hurt seeing her. 3 weeks after that contact, I greeted her for her birthday and she said thank you. This is the first contact since January.

Please help. What could this mean?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is easy. Send her this:

You: Knock Knock

Her: Who's there?

You: [block her number]

Her: lol aren't you gonna tell me who's there?

You: [she's blocked]

Her: omg james this isn't funny and don't you even think about pulling that "orange you glad ****"

You: [watching youtube vids cuz she's blocked and have no way of knowing she's stuck on a knock-knock joke]

Her: ricky plz tell me who's there :'(

Clear winner.

This is easy. Send her this:

You: Knock Knock

Her: Who's there?

You: [block her number]

Her: lol aren't you gonna tell me who's there?

You: [she's blocked]

Her: omg james this isn't funny and don't you even think about pulling that "orange you glad ****"

You: [watching youtube vids cuz she's blocked and have no way of knowing she's stuck on a knock-knock joke]

Her: ricky plz tell me who's there :'(

Clear winner.

lolzz

*Looks for clapping emo*

I texted an ex after I'd decided to stop seeing him. I had moved to a new city and was feeling lonely and sorry for myself, so I was planning to get him to give me attention and comfort. It was not in any way an attempt to reconcile.

Was your text to that ex as useless as the text my ex sent though? I feel like my ex is testing me or something.

And LOL at the joke, J.Man.

Why the need for manipulation though? I wonder if she's that bored...

I mean, she said it's not important but it was important enough for her to reach out

She may have just been seeing if you have been smart enough to block her.

IT DOESN'T MATTER why she did it. It means nothing and anything short of "I've made a mistake, I miss you. Would yo consider being with me again" is just white noise.

Don't let her and a crumb of attention set you back in your healing.

I've done this lol. I think she had a moment of weakness, she was going to ask you to meet up, then because you didn't reply right away, she had enough time to lose her courage. Even though it was only twenty minutes, it was long enough for her to get nervous. I could be wrong, just answering from my own personal f ups lol

I've done this lol. I think she had a moment of weakness, she was going to ask you to meet up, then because you didn't reply right away, she had enough time to lose her courage. Even though it was only twenty minutes, it was long enough for her to get nervous. I could be wrong, just answering from my own personal f ups lol

This could be. But then again, she did ask me to hang out 2 months ago and I told her I'd be busy for a while. That was the most polite way for me to say no.

Also, I wonder why she said "it's old"...like what? Haha

This could be. But then again, she did ask me to hang out 2 months ago and I told her I'd be busy for a while. That was the most polite way for me to say no.

Also, I wonder why she said "it's old"...like what? Haha

The "old" comment was most likely not true, just something quick she thought of to exit the texting.

Two months ago is a while, are you still busy?? Lol You realize two months can be a lifetime for us women :)

In all seriousness, she chickened out of whatever she was going to ask. It's probably for the best, if whatever

she wanted was real, she would have said whatever it was. Probably just a weak moment on her part. We all get

nostalgic from time to time and temptation takes over. Before you know it, text sent. That's why I delete my ex.

He's not in my phone, I can't contact. I do reply when he contacts me though, but after a few days I most often delete again. Just delete the texts and go about life as you were.

The "old" comment was most likely not true, just something quick she thought of to exit the texting.

Two months ago is a while, are you still busy?? Lol You realize two months can be a lifetime for us women :)

In all seriousness, she chickened out of whatever she was going to ask. It's probably for the best, if whatever

she wanted was real, she would have said whatever it was. Probably just a weak moment on her part. We all get

nostalgic from time to time and temptation takes over. Before you know it, text sent. That's why I delete my ex.

He's not in my phone, I can't contact. I do reply when he contacts me though, but after a few days I most often delete again. Just delete the texts and go about life as you were.

I was never really that busy. I was trying to turn down the coffee invite as polite as I can.

But you're right

There is no question, there is no mystery. It's just nonsense breadcrumbs because she's bored, had a lousy date, got dumped, was drunk, etc. No contact would be much better and would drown out this noise and her attempts at this friendzoning nonsense.

She reached out 2 months ago wanting to have coffee, but I declined because I knew it was going to get hurt seeing her.
There is no question, there is no mystery. It's just nonsense breadcrumbs because she's bored, had a lousy date, got dumped, was drunk, etc. No contact would be much better and would drown out this noise and her attempts at this friendzoning nonsense.

How would you know if someone really wanted you back though? My ex is very stubborn and full of pride. I don't think she would outright say it.

How would you know if someone really wanted you back though? My ex is very stubborn and full of pride. I don't think she would outright say it.

So then, if you're not going to delete her, next time she text you ask her if her little contacts are her way of saying that she would like to get back with you. Nip it in the bud one way or the other.

What do you want from her?

So you think this text exchange was her way of hinting she wants you back?

I have to say, that would be one of the stranger tactics. It does not translate "I want you back" to me at all.

LOL, she got that question from one of the many articles on the Internet on "how to win your ex back through text."

I'm not kidding I read it myself!

It said one way is to "text your ex asking him if he minds if you ask him something."

She didn't even switch up the words! She used virtually the same words in the article.

OP, there is NO question she needs to ask you.

It's a game, a strategy she used to get you to do exactly what you're doing now. Thinking about about her, going crazy wondering what the hell she wants to ask you!

I gotta say when the I read the advice I contemplated using it myself.

Decided not to.

Interesting to watch the advice in practice though, and how it's apparently working!

Do you want to get back with her?

Apparently she does.

LOL, she got that question from one of the many articles on the Internet on "how to win your ex back through text."

It said one way is to "text your ex asking him if he minds if you ask him something."

She didn't even switch up the words! She used virtually the same words in the article.

It's a game, a strategy she used to get you to do exactly what you're doing now. Thinking about about her, going crazy wondering what the hell she wants to ask you!

Decided not to.

Interesting to watch the advice in practice though, and how it's apparently working!

Apparently she does.

Lol! It does make sense! It just seems like a silly game to play, I mean is she supposed to stay silent now in hopes he contacts her, or does she wait a week and send another one?? Haha :welcoming:

So then, if you're not going to delete her, next time she text you ask her if her little contacts are her way of saying that she would like to get back with you. Nip it in the bud one way or the other.

What do you want from her?

I want her to want me back. I'm afraid that if I ask her that outright, it would scare her off. I'm frustrated because love shouldn't be this hard.

So you think this text exchange was her way of hinting she wants you back?

I have to say, that would be one of the stranger tactics. It does not translate "I want you back" to me at all.

It could be. Like I said, she's would never outright say this but it's just so...mysterious. Annoyingly so.

Decided not to.

Apparently she does.

Haha, would you be able to link the article? I wonder how I was supposed to act lol

Yes I want her to want me back but not through these games. :(

Archived