How do I pull out of this situation?

lmasterz

Getting other people's perspectives is always a plus. Maybe they can point out something I'm missing.

You can't tell a connection isn't forming in juts 3 days of chatting, let alone not meeting. That's a cleat straight up lie. That said, I'm not rejecting her because she's old, It's becauseI want someone younger. If i'm 4+ years old than her I would still continue talking to her

I agree it’s helpful, but you don’t. So far everyone’s opinion has been rejected by you. So why don’t you just do what you want to do?

I mean you don’t want to fade her out, you don’t want to just say it’s not working, you don’t want to lie (understandably) SO the only choice it seems would be to just tell her the truth.

I honestly don’t know what else you could be looking for?

You can't tell a connection isn't forming in juts 3 days of chatting' date=' let alone not meeting. That's a cleat straight up lie. [/quote']

But you HAVE decided that you cannot form a connection with her and you did it in just 3 days of chatting and without meeting. LOL

But you HAVE decided that you cannot form a connection with her and you did it in just 3 days of chatting and without meeting. LOL

Yeah but that's only because he learned she isn't younger and since that's what he wants, no point in pursuing further.

Whether it makes sense to us or not, that's his reasoning.

I agree, Katrina.

I mean, someone's preferences don't always have to make sense to others.

For example, I won't date a man who says he doesn't like sports. I just won't. He can be the greatest guy in the world, but if he doesn't have any interest in sports I am not interested in him.

Yeah but that's only because he learned she isn't younger and since that's what he wants, no point in pursuing further.

Whether it makes sense to us or not, that's his reasoning.

I don't care to change his reasoning. I was only responding to his "straight up lie" comment on my reply. He can go after all the younger women he wants as far as I am concerned. Next time you may want to look more closely on what has been previously written...

I don't care to change his reasoning. I was only responding to his "lie" comment on my reply. He can go after all the younger women he wants as far as I am concerned.

----

Next time you may want to look more closely on what has been previously written...

Was this ^necessary? Geez.

I have read all the posts, and own what I wrote.

Next time you may wish to respect all opinions/responses even those you don't like or agree with. :p

I wasn't snarky to you Clio, condescendingly suggesting you read posts more closely.

I respectfully responded to your post.

Katrina, you had already pointed out the same thing about him being entitled to his opinion prior to any of my posting, yet you felt the need to keep repeating yoursef. So it was not me who has trouble with opinions that they don't like. I did not comment on anyone's reply other than the OP 's about my suggestion being a "straight up lie". I will just say that your timing of "coming to his rescue" was not the best and leave it at that.

Katrina, you had already pointed out the same thing about him being entitled to his opinion prior to any of my posting, yet you felt the need to keep repeating yoursef. So it was not me who has trouble with opinions that they don't like. I did not comment on anyone's reply other than the OP 's about my suggestion being a "straight up lie". I will just say that your timing of "coming to his rescue" was not the best and leave it at that.

Ok thx, I appreciate your clarification, very respectful. And see your point.

Moving on.... :D

The more I read the threads on here the more I keep checking if I have my head screwed on right.

--------- ---------

As for your question, you can just tell her you're looking for someone younger. If you'd rather make something up or use a generic line, I guess you could. Whatever, you just exchanged a few texts, not like it's going to be a big deal. I don't think you are expected to present a case as to why you don't think you match.

I hear ya, Sister!!!!

I feel like P is almost looking for people to specifically “argue” about the age gap. You didn’t even meet in person, so “pulling out” of the situation is rather simple

I agree 100% OPer is fishing. Whether he's trolling or genuinely deep down knows the logic may be based on something more than preference, there was a reason this incredibly simple issue was written about. Like everyone has said, we've all got our preferences, even shallow ones, there's nothing wrong with that but you keep almost making it a point we know this is the reason you don't want to date her.

Getting other people's perspectives is always a plus. Maybe they can point out something I'm missing.

You can't tell a connection isn't forming in juts 3 days of chatting, let alone not meeting. That's a cleat straight up lie. That said, I'm not rejecting her because she's old, It's becauseI want someone younger. If i'm 4+ years old than her I would still continue talking to her

What do you want us to point out that you're missing? You've been talking to her for 3 days. Do what feels right and move on, simple fix. Unless there's more to this

Op...just be straight with her and let her know you only date women younger than you. I'm always up for knowing the true reason why someone isn't interested in pursuing a relationship with me. In this case I think she'll be relieved to know that this is a strange quirk of yours that you take very seriously and has nothing got to do with her character.

Funny thing about preferences, the love of my life didn’t have most of my preferences but I still fell deeply in love with him anyway.

But to answer your question, tell her exactly what you would want to hear if the roles were reversed as if she were the one who had a problem with your age.

Archived