Is it really none of my business?

wandergrl18

Are you criticizing people here you disagree with?

She asked him, he responded, she's not liking his response, people are offering their perspectives about his response, you are not liking those people's perspectives....

Yes I wanted people's perspectives but I didn't want judgement nor rude responses. If in your opinion, thinks it is none of my business then say so that's fine. But don't tell me it's RUDE to ask such question. Because everyone idea of rude questions are different.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually she IS being criticized for simply asking the question.

Someone just posted it was rude to ask!

Others as well, saying she had no right to ask, none of her business, etc.

Which may or may not be true depending how you view it, but she still had the right to ask and should not be so harshly judged for it.

Does not this forum stress the value of open and honest communication?

I always thought so, but apparently not.

I'm not sure you saw my post, but I mentioned that open and honest communication has its limits. This is one of those limits.

Judging/criticizing is a strong word, because we've all done it. I'd say it's providing OP with good feedback. In this case, she's wrong, so we're telling her she's wrong so she resolves her situation and improves for the future. I'd say that's what this forum is all about.

So you expect your future partners to be willing to tell you whatever you want to know about their sexual past?? And you are willing to share any detail of your sexual past?

If that's really what you want, you will have to search for someone who wants the same. Most people I know would not share that information. I don't know how many people my husband has been with, definitely don't know (or want to know) any specifics, and vice versa. And if he asked me, (which he wouldn't) I would tell him that no good would come of sharing that information and it's not something I will discuss. And he's my husband. So yes, I find it shocking that you are shocked that someone you aren't even in a relationship with won't give you personal private information.

I'm not sure you saw my post, but I mentioned that open and honest communication has its limits. This is one of those limits.

Judging/criticizing is a strong word, because we've all done it. I'd say it's providing OP with good feedback. In this case, she's wrong, so we're telling her she's wrong so she resolves her situation and improves for the future. I'd say that's what this forum is all about.

I don't agree she was "wrong" to ask.

She has asked other "boyfriends," and they didn't deem the question "wrong."

They answered honestly and openly and based on what she posted, had no problem doing so.

Again, if he didn't feel comfortable answering, that is fine, there is no wrong or right.

"Wrong" is subjective.

Bit you think it was wrong, okay respect that.

I got a bit wound up there, I am just a huge advocate of open and honest communication no matter what the subject matter.

You feel differently. Again, respect that.

Who are you to say I'm wrong?

Everyone has their own idea of what they want in a relationship. Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong. I wanted to see people's perspectives on this situation not get critisized that i'm wrong or being rude.

Yes I wanted people's perspectives but I didn't want judgement nor rude responses. If in your opinion, thinks it is none of my business then say so that's fine. But don't tell me it's RUDE to ask such question. Because everyone idea of rude questions are different.

Why can't people tell you that? Why can't he keep some things private?

Also, you didn't answer my question, what answer did you want from him if you didn't want names?

So you expect your future partners to be willing to tell you whatever you want to know about their sexual past?? And you are willing to share any detail of your sexual past?

If that's really what you want, you will have to search for someone who wants the same. Most people I know would not share that information. I don't know how many people my husband has been with, definitely don't know (or want to know) any specifics, and vice versa. And if he asked me, (which he wouldn't) I would tell him that no good would come of sharing that information and it's not something I will discuss. And he's my husband. So yes, I find it shocking that you are shocked that someone you aren't even in a relationship with won't give you personal private information.

I'd want full disclosure from a future partner. I like to have an idea of their sexual history so I know what i'm getting myself into and ALSO for my health. If i were to marry someone I want to know everything about them first. Sue me!

I see so many relationships fail because there is no open communication. Or they end up finding out something about their partner they can't deal with.

Who are you to say I'm wrong?

Everyone has their own idea of what they want in a relationship. Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong. I wanted to see people's perspectives on this situation not get critisized that i'm wrong or being rude.

I am saying nine times out of ten, it's inappropriate to ask the question you asked. I say this with the intent of helping you resolve your situation and avoid this situation in the future - not to judge or criticize you.

You can substitute "wrong" or "inappropriate" for any other word you would want to use. Fact of the matter is - you'll most likely run into problems down the line with this if you continue to be invasive, and then to react with breaking up the moment you don't get your way.

I'd want full disclosure from a future partner. I like to have an idea of their sexual history so I know what i'm getting myself into and ALSO for my health. If i were to marry someone I want to know everything about them first. Sue me!

I see so many relationships fail because there is no open communication. Or they end up finding out something about their partner they can't deal with.

I thought you were casually dating, though, not serious about each other, and have been on and off again. It strikes me that, since this IS a "casual" question for you, it is like asking anyone, any friend, any family member, any acquaintance almost, who they have slept with. Do you do that?

I thought you were casually dating, though, not serious about each other, and have been on and off again. It strikes me that, since this IS a "casual" question for you, it is like asking anyone, any friend, any family member, any acquaintance almost, who they have slept with. Do you do that?

Yes I did say we are casually dating! We are considering being serious in the future that is why. Because we are both not ready for a serious relationship right now. Like I said I enjoy being single. I'm young.

And YES actually, my friends and I are very open with one another and ask questions like that. That is just how wr are. I get that some people prefer to be more private about their sex life.

Yes I did say we are casually dating! We are considering being serious in the future that is why. Because we are both not ready for a serious relationship right now. Like I said I enjoy being single. I'm young.

And YES actually, my friends and I are very open with one another and ask questions like that. That is just how wr are. I get that some people prefer to be more private about their sex life.

OK, then the answer to the thread title is Yes, you make it your business. And like you've pointed out, you want to be with someone who sees it that way, too. So, for you, his answer is a red flag.

Archived