I'm a bold person, very flirty, and have a great deal of confidence in myself. That being said, my *incredable* boyfriend Jon and I have been going out little more than a week...although we've known each other a trimestor or so.

We've discussed kissing a little recently (after exploring each other's personalities and quirks ). And while this is not the first kiss for either of us, it's our first kiss, and I want to make the first move.

Problem is...I'm about 5'2" and he's almost 6 feet tall. When we hug, I have to go up on my tippy-toes. I want our first kiss to be special, and I'd prefer to surprise him a bit. But how to surprise someone when they're so much taller?

My only solution to this is to have us both sitting down...any suggestions on how to get him to sit with me without being too obvious?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. I want to make this special, so I appreciate any tips you could give me!

I can't help but grin while reading this!

OKAY! Tip: do it sitting down! Get into a conversation with him... something flirty... Tease him, get him intrigued and involved.... Get him thinking really hard about how badly he wants to kiss you... and then move in. I'm talking a REAL lip-lock! Do not let that fella go until YOU are completely satisfied with that kiss!

My boyfriend is also a lot taller than me... I'm 5'1" and he's nearly 5'8". I do have to stand on my tippy toes when kissing or bend by neck back. But lucky for me, our first kiss was on a sloped sidewalk outside a bowling alley, so our heights were perfect for another.

Invite him over your house to watch a movie... while sitting on the couch, just kiss him! You could cup your hands around his cheecks/chin for a more romantic effect too

all the above posts are in the go.....maybe when you two are sitting on the couch watching a movie, or into a real deep conversation, that will be the best time. when you feel the convo is over make your move!, maybe you can give him the mysterious look and confuse him of what's about to come next..!

well sitting down seems like a good way, but sometimes moments arise without places to sit right? how about if u grabbed his collar/shirt watever and pulled him down to ur level and then let him have it. he will be pretty surprised and that will make it even more fun.

I am 5'4" and my bf is 6'2" and honestly it is has never even been something we needed to think about lol.....if the feeling is right, it will just come naturally and you will meet together somehow in the middle whether you are standing up or sitting down!

Just don't worry so much about it and just "go with it"...it will just flow right when it does.

k is it just me or do short girls like under 5'4 always have guys that are like over 6??! lol i mean i have alot of shorter gfs and same thing! its like a law of nature. im 5'7 n my bf is like 5'9ish...and before he was shorter like my height. it just happens, tall girls are with shorter guys n short girls r wid really tall guys. just an observation lol.

Yah my bf Cam is 6"3 and I'm only 5"2... more than a foot taller lol. I made the first move for our kiss because he was a bit shy. We did it standing up infront of my house, i told him to come down to my level and then planted one on him lol. The second time we kissed we were sitting down. Really both are great so just go for it when you feel the time is right... otherwise before you know it he'll be pulling the move.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem- the guy I'm going on my first date with (in like two days!) is much taller than me (as well as almost 2 years older).

I had an idea on how to kiss a taller guy. We both love to hang out in parks- the ones with jungle gyms and all those little kid things. Preferably at night (so there aren't 5 year olds watching you), hang out on the swings. Sit on his lap and you guys' faces should be level! I can't wait to try this out myself.

My 2 cents...

I'm pretty tall, slightly over 6'. For some reason I've always been attracted to shorter girls, like below 5'5"...I don't know why. Been that way since my teenage years and it's still with me today. Of course right now I have a lovely woman who is about 5'9", but I'm not that picky.

Usually shorter girls of that height are lightweights, tending to hover around 100 lbs. sometimes. I always liked giving them a big hug and just picking them up like that and bringing them eye-level...pretty easy to kiss that way. Maybe you could see if your b/f will do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Im 5'6" and my b/f is 6'5", and when we hug I only come up to his chest, but he bends over to reach me obviously, so when your b/f does that, just turn you head up towards him and kiss him. He will love it trust me, guys always like girls to make the first move sometimes (something I have yet to do with my b/f, coz I'm so shy! )

Hana xx

• 10 months later...

Well I am about 6'3" and my gf is like 5'6, so I know what you mean. My gf made the first move, so I can tell you how she did it. We were sitting in her car and talking. I told her that I loved her, and she looked into my eyes, said "come here" and kissed me. I thought it was the cutest thing in the world, especially because I was planning on kissing her right then, she just beat me to it.

Im 6'7" and my gf is 5'7". I remember our first kiss, we were both sitting on the couch, if I remember correctly, I kissed her on the cheek (a couple of times more like it) and she turned her head and we made eye contact for an instant. She started coming towards me and ta-da... kissed me on the lips. Seeing as though i am a good foot taller than she is, I sort of adjusted myself into a (and i know that this may be unhealthy) slouch (but i think it may have been more of a "lean"). My gf and I kiss alot, but what I do when we kiss is that I lean forward enough so that all she has to to is tilt her head up a little bit and voila... the perfect kiss. Some taller ppl may do this differently, but this is what i do.

To paraphrase...

I lean forward (and lower myself) just enough so that my gf only has to tilt her head upwards of about 15 to 20 degrees (maybe a little more, depending on how much i lower my head towards her head). Sometimes, just for fun, I'll hold her in my arms (lift her up off the ground for a hug) and kiss (after the hug), but I rarely do that.