what's up with girls these days? [rant]

Wolfshook

I met this girl at work (I work on position that is outsourced and I dont go to the same buisness every day,but I do go to them more or less regularly) few weeks ago, she always seemed a bit "funny" around me (maybe jumpy would be a right word,and she goes through aisles where I'm usually even though she has other aisles that are not blocked to go), and we started to exchange few words here and there, I didnt have the courage to ask her for coffee so I just dropped it. It was at her workplace today and she came up to me and started joking around with me and at the end of our talk she said about the new coffee shop that opened near their business place and that she would like to check it out andif I'd like to join her some time after work, I said yes and that we could go next week if we end our work at similair times.

Anyway, about half an hour later I go to the offices to finish my work and 2 of her coworkers meet inside the office (they are from different part of this business so I dont know them really) and they start to talk about this girl (I know it's about her because she has this rather unusual name) and one guy asks the other if he met her mother allready and that he will have to meet her at some point (as the conversation progressed I figured out that they are in relationship). I know it's bad listening to other peoples conversations but I couldnt help it.

Another story, I went with this girl on 3 dates, on our last date after we were dancing and had some fun, I said that we could go grab something to eat and so we took a walk to a restaurant. As we are walking her phone rings,she says "oh f*ck" loudly and then answers the phone with "hey love". Turns out she has a boyfriend "that she's not happy with" and "they are together just for a couple of weeks". We went to eat (I was really hungry), I took her home and she hasnt heard from me since.

I mean really,what are the odds for this to happen to a guy in 6 months? I'm almost ready to start thinking that dating is not for me and that I should just spend the rest of my life alone,without all these dramas of relationships.

I mean really,what are the odds for this to happen to a guy in 6 months? I'm almost ready to start thinking that dating is not for me and that I should just spend the rest of my life alone,without all these dramas of relationships.

Lets say you go to a car dealership and buy a car. For the next 5 months you have nothing but problems. Engine leaks, radiator wont work properly, something's squeaking from a part of the car you never knew existed etc.

Are you going to give up on cars and never drive again?

I'm sorry you went through this and can understand your frustrations, but not all girls are like this.

Don't lose faith. When you finally meet your dream girl, you're going to want to thank all the ones before her.

Head high brother. You got this.

Lets say you go to a car dealership and buy a car. For the next 5 months you have nothing but problems. Engine leaks, radiator wont work properly, something's squeaking from a part of the car you never knew existed etc.

Are you going to give up on cars and never drive again?

I'm sorry you went through this and can understand your frustrations, but not all girls are like this.

Don't lose faith. When you finally meet your dream girl, you're going to want to thank all the ones before her.

Head high brother. You got this.

I'm afraid the analog with cars has a number of flaws. First of all, I have yet to see a car that keeps sneaking away to drive different people around town only to get back in your driveway and act as if nothing happened. Or a car that waits for you to get a full tank of gas and then drives off to the sound of how you've never been a good driver.

I'm afraid the analog with cars has a number of flaws. First of all, I have yet to see a car that keeps sneaking away to drive different people around town only to get back in your driveway and act as if nothing happened. Or a car that waits for you to get a full tank of gas and then drives off to the sound of how you've never been a good driver.

Have you never heard of Herbie?

True story.

I'm almost ready to start thinking that dating is not for me and that I should just spend the rest of my life alone,without all these dramas of relationships.

Don't be melodramatic, man. This is a good learning experience.

Look - you've sussed her out. It means your radar's working correctly. I'd see that as a positive, personally. Also, you found out pretty early on, which could have been a lot worse.

Archived