Has anyone here ever gotten extreme headaches from orgasm?

Unreasonable

Occasionally, my wife has to stop trying to have an orgasm because she starts to have an extreme headache. If she goes through with it to orgasm, she says it feels like a sword going from the back of the base of her skull through her forehead. Really bad. We took her blood pressure when that happened after that and it was really high. 180 over something. This stopped happening for a while then it happened again last night, she had to stop.

We looked this up, looks like it's called coital cephalalgia. Seems it is more common in men than women, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what you did about it and what was the treatment.

My fiancée occasionally does but that's just because her head is banging off the head board.

Well, that made my day.

OP, orgasms cause a flood of endorphins that normally relieve stressors, such as headaches. It seems odd that it's reversed for your wife. I'd ask a doctor before you go making internet diagnoses.

I had one a few months ago and since i also have a benign tumor in my head it completely freaked me out!

But have since learned this can happen and they are completely debilitating! I now try to relax my muscles as much as i can and it hasn't happened since.

For me it had to do with just tensing up all my muscles basically so relaxing them helps and also a pillow under my head that isn't too high. But especially relaxing the neck!

And yes it is a real thing withlove! I never in my life had one until one time last September, thank god hadn't happened since but many women get this

One time, I was doing squats at the gym. Coming back up from the negative, my head got BLASTED with the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Not even joking. I've been kicked in the nuts and I've had the skin from my knee ripped from the bone, but never before or since this have I felt so much pain that I couldn't function. I dropped the bar onto the stoppers on the rack and was on my knee for a good two minutes before I could even stand up.

Exertion headaches are also commonly referred to as "sex headaches." Most often, the primary causes are 1) not breathing properly, 2) excessive alcohol consumption, and/or 3) excessive caffeine / stimulant consumption prior to or during an intense physical activity.

First and foremost, have her checked by a physician. Exertion headaches are actually much, much more common as a primary condition than they are as a symptom of another condition, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much. It's simply best to be safe than sorry.

Secondly, take a break from sex for a good couple weeks. I kept trying to squat after a few days after an incident and I'd start getting the headache again. It sucked because I love my squats, but after two weeks off and really making sure I was breathing properly, I was able to get back into it without an issue.

That's really bizarre to me, as there are studies that show orgasams relieve headaches.

But this is by no means a normal headache! Trust me I'm 43 and it never happened before, it can happen to anyone at some point and i hope it never happens again because it's excruciating and I'm used to quite a bit of pain sadly

Google it and see how common it is!

But this is by no means a normal headache! Trust me in 43 and it never happened before, it can happen to anyone at some point and i hope it never happens again because it's excruciating and I'm used to quite a bit of pain sadly

Google it and see how common it is!

Very common. Most bodybuilders will experience at least one during their career. Thing is the pain really is that scary. Men describe it worse than a kick to the nuts. Women describe it worse than childbirth. I'd already known what exertion headaches were and had read about how painful they are prior to having experienced mine, but even then, that was among top 5 scariest moments of my life.

I was terrified! But i asked my neurologist and thank god it wasn't the tumor but it sure freaked me out completely! It hasn't happened since and i hope it never happens again.

For me so far relaxing during orgasm helps....

I haven't had childbirth haha but i have trigeminal neuralgia and this was probably as bad or even worse than that.

It faded after about 15 minutes....

I have had a similar situation to jman.. I was at work and all of a sudden it came on without warning, all I could think was this is the moment I die.. I didn't move for probably 10 minutes, I couldn't.

I suffer from pretty horrible migraines as well, and that was worse then all of them combined.

Take a break for a bit and get her to relax more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived