Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you thinking thread? round two, Part 4

indierockgrl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happens, I think there will be a lot of civil unrest in the US, regardless of who wins. This is all very stunning to me. Just really shocking. But then, I never thought Brexit would happen either

My husband said it is a year of who thought. He predicted this yesterday. Just because it is a messed up year.

This is pretty much over. He has leads in the key states.

I guess it's fine to make disparaging remarks about the disabled, about the Muslim community, about latinos, about women...like this would have flown with any other candidate. But here we are voting this man in to run the country.

I know these political posts will soon disappear, but remember we had a "B" movie actor in the White House for 8 years. I used to tell my MIL that he had Alzheimers and she pooh-poohed me, but, sadly, it turns out I was right.

We also had a recently naturalized immigrant action movie star as governor of California. And I think "Gopher" from The Love Boat was a senator. So was Shirley Temple.

We idolize those on TV in this country. I can't wait for one of the "stars" of "Teen Mom" to become president.

Remember, most of those in his own party don't support his views.

I sincerely doubt the wealthy business owners who support the Republican party are on board with not allowing products to be manufactured in Mexico and China. They'd lose half their profits! And no one is building a wall, for the same reason.

I am waiting for my exportation papers though. I am third generation American but my grandfathers were born in Mexico (grandmothers were American). However, I am part Native American so I belong here more than the Europeans do!

Remember, most of those in his own party don't support his views.

I sincerely doubt the wealthy business owners who support the Republican party are on board with not allowing products to be manufactured in Mexico and China. They'd lose half their profits! And no one is building a wall, for the same reason.

I am waiting for my exportation papers though. I am third generation American but my grandfathers were born in Mexico (grandmothers were American). However, I am part Native American so I belong here more than the Europeans do!

Well, someone voted for this douche bag. Obviously it is the sentiment of a lot of people.

But those people are not the wealthy business owners.

He won primarily in the South. Many people there won't vote for a woman. The South is predominantly Republican, but also generally more conservative with regard to women's roles, as well as racial roles. You should have heard how many times the "N" word was used in reference to President Obama out there.

Honestly, I am curious to see how this pans out.

Yeah, it's embarrassing for him to be representing the United States because other countries will think Americans are like him. But hopefully they will understand that half the people who actually voted in the country voted for him and half didn't.

But those people are not the wealthy business owners.

He won primarily in the South. Many people there won't vote for a woman. The South is predominantly Republican, but also generally more conservative with regard to women's roles, as well as racial roles. You should have heard how many times the "N" word was used in reference to President Obama out there.

Honestly, I am curious to see how this pans out.

Yeah, it's embarrassing for him to be representing the United States because other countries will think Americans are like him. But hopefully they will understand that half the people who actually voted in the country voted for him and half didn't.

Yes, the South is Republican, but Jeebus the Midwest and some Eastern states , really?? Wth.

Again, the woman thing.

We're just not as progressive as a lot of other countries. We still gasp with horror if a woman breastfeeds her child for God's sake! This country just isn't willing to accept a woman president yet.

Sadly, I believed his ticket to the presidency was signed the day she won the nomination because I knew that no way would the people elect a woman.

Maybe we needed to give him this chance to really blow it and then we'll be ready in 4 years to start over. We did 8 years ago, so maybe we'll have to do it again.

Too bad, because the economy was really doing a lot better. A LOT better.

Archived