Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

1 hour ago, greendots said:

I wish there was a "hug" or "I care" button. Thank goodness you're able to work from home! 🙂

Thanks! However...we were told today the new plant manager wants us in the office. So we'll be working on site three days a week and remotely the other two.

It's OK.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:26 PM, boltnrun said:

I don't worry about someone pulling out a gun and shooting me. That very rarely (if ever) happens in my area. They just get irate and have tizzy fits, but that's about it. Besides, if they did try pulling out a gun they'd have nowhere to go on a single lane street. 

Someone in my previous city got arrested because he pulled out a gun (he took offense at someone passing him in the freeway) and the guy driving the truck he was trying to shoot at put it into reverse, knocking the attempted shooter's car backward so he was unable to fire his weapon. And there were witnesses. The guy with the gun was convicted of something (not sure what exactly). Road rage doesn't pay, people!

I worry about this. For the first time ever, last November, I got into a brief shouting match (swearing) with a guy who was going too fast, and beeped at us, as he almost hit us. He yelled "F*ck you!" I yelled it back, and then his friend yelled, "F*ck you, b*tch!" I gave him the finger. 

The yelling didn't bother me, but I wondered if they would be the type to take things further. In my State, they are pushing a bill to allow people to carry without a license. They don't care about life here, no matter what they may preach.

Re: protests. It bothered me, when I was looking for any protests happening within an hour of me, when this started last month, only to find the Women's March group was arranging a protest on International Women's Day, not right away, in regards to what's going on in Ukraine. It bugged me. I couldn't find any information on others, until they were over with.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordering some pants on Amazon. Obviously made in China. Sizes are ridiculous. A small is for a 24" waist, medium is for a 26" waist, large is a 28" waist. I ordered an extra large because my waist is about 29 inches.

It's ludicrous. I think it's insane that these purport to be sized for fully grown adult women. Not one of my friends, no matter how petite or physically fit they are, has a 24" waist.

5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Ordering some pants on Amazon. Obviously made in China. Sizes are ridiculous. A small is for a 24" waist, medium is for a 26" waist, large is a 28" waist. I ordered an extra large because my waist is about 29 inches.

It's ludicrous. I think it's insane that these purport to be sized for fully grown adult women. Not one of my friends, no matter how petite or physically fit they are, has a 24" waist.

I’m your size and was 25” in youth. I was considered fat in Asia thanks to the hourglass figure. That’s what you get when you’re mixed. Nothing fits. Don’t get me started on sleeves.

8 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

I’m your size and was 25” in youth. I was considered fat in Asia thanks to the hourglass figure. That’s what you get when you’re mixed. Nothing fits. Don’t get me started on sleeves.

When I graduated high school I was 17 years old and was 5'2" and weighed 96 pounds and wore a size 1. But fully grown mature adult women??

I get it, Chinese sizes are tiny. But I wear a 10 or 12 at H & M when I normally wear a 6 or 8. I'm 5' 2.5" and weigh 132 pounds. Apparently I'm extra large.

I shudder to think what size the "average" American woman is being forced to wear if I'm an extra large.

5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

When I graduated high school I was 17 years old and was 5'2" and weighed 96 pounds and wore a size 1. But fully grown mature adult women??

I get it, Chinese sizes are tiny. But I wear a 10 or 12 at H & M when I normally wear a 6 or 8. I'm 5' 2.5" and weigh 132 pounds. Apparently I'm extra large.

I shudder to think what size the "average" American woman is being forced to wear if I'm an extra large.

Bone structure is different and much smaller than the average American. I think people are just different in the same way African American hair is different from Asian or European hair and requires different treatment and care. 

Also in terms of skincare I’m glowing in the tropics and must practice more care in North America while others dislike or can’t adapt to the humidity. 

I hear you about those size differences though.

18 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Bone structure is different and much smaller than the average American.

Back in my 20s, I had a personal trainer who was Chinese. Raised in America. Big guy, over 6 feet tall, body builder. He said that when he visited his relatives in China they used to punch him because he was so big 🤣🤣 It was friendly teasing, not meant to hurt him. He said it did hurt though lol. But he took it in stride. 

I always wondered if he grew as large as he did because of his diet. American food has all kinds of steroids and hormones in it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

I know. I filled up the other day. Cried a silent tear into the squeegee water holder thingy on the side of the pump.

Agreed!  It’s especially painful when most of your favorite places to go are on the other side of town. Restaurants and hobby related places. 

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, beatlesfan77 said:

Agreed!  It’s especially painful when most of your favorite places to go are on the other side of town. Restaurants and hobby related places. 

I still go but budget in the price of gas with whatever I’m up to. 

Lately the daily challenge is ..where the f- is the warm weather?! I’ve been in flip flops since Jan. Every. Single. Year. Denial. 🤣

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Rose Mosse said:

I still go but budget in the price of gas with whatever I’m up to. 

Lately the daily challenge is ..where the f- is the warm weather?! I’ve been in flip flops since Jan. Every. Single. Year. Denial. 🤣

Thank you for inspiring me yesterday. I was on the fence on whether or not to go to one of my favorite pinball arcades about 50 minutes away yesterday. I also had not been there in months. After reading that message and then telling myself that I would feel good doing it and getting back out there again, I just got in my car and made the trip. Ended up being a great evening. Thanks!  😀

• Like 1

I want my lame exes to stay out of my dreams!  Two nights in a row, dreamed about different exes.

I presume that's supposed to mean I still love them and want them back.  No to both.  One ex is awful and toxic and the other one is inappropriate and tiring to be around.  Or it means I'm lonely and want a man in my life.  Also, no, not really.  I mean, sure, it would be nice to have a gentleman friend but I'm not "afraid to be alone" and I don't need a man in order to do things I want to do.

It's probably more likely that they're on my mind because I often refer to them when giving advice on this forum.  As in, here's what NOT to do when dating or trying to have a relationship!

• Haha 1

The renovation of my local supermarket, which is being carried out while keeping the shop open. It has been going on for at least 4 months now. Every time I go there, things are in a new aisle and I just can’t find my things anymore. I used to write my shopping in list in order of the shop, so I could just rush through and be done. Today there was one item, I simply could not find, so I went with my strategy to look aisle after aisle and finally I found it. Waste of time.

• Sad 1

Construction noises. Multiple homes being built on my street. Constant noise and trucks blocking the road. 

I moved here to get away from this. It's depressing that people feel the need to cram in as many houses as they possibly can.. Why?! Greed?? Hatred of green space?? 

Like bloody hell, if I wanted suburbia, I'd live in suburbia. 

Hair appointment was cancelled via text 45 minutes before the appointment time. And now she won't reply to my texts.

I bought this deal on Groupon. If she doesn't respond in a day or two I'll have to ask for a refund.

At least I didn't leave work early or have to drive in from the office. I would have been seriously pissed if that had happened.

Lovely day, great energy all around. Then, I get home looking forward to play an online board game with others. Couldn't load graphics. 😞 Energy goes back down. To top it off, my neighbours are blasting tunes that don't seem to change the beat or melody.

Am I cantankerous right now, lol.

This too shall pass. 🙂