Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

video game lounge, Part 2

happyfrank

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta admit I was very turned off by the whole J-Pop or whatever styling. It's funny because apparently due to how long it took the game to develop, even the Japanese crowd they were trying to appeal to had moved on from that look. Luckily, you can *kinda* fix it by changing their outfits to be less dumb.

Liking the game so far. It is very pretty. Liking the overall story arc, though not able to relate to the characters... but I've never gone into a FF expecting to. Just trying to tune out the cheesiness of the dialogue and get a good grasp on the combat system for now.

the last guardian ign review.

The Verdict

The divide between the highs and lows of The Last Guardian is staggering. For every wonderful moment of absolute beauty and emotional attachment to its lifelike companion, there’s an equal and opposite baffling moment that ruins the mood with frustrating controls and camera angles. But I found myself willing to put up with all of these hiccups if it meant experiencing any of its multitude of incredibly-beautiful moments

7/10

Just beat FFXV. Let me tell you, as someone who *wanted* to hate the game for the main character's hair alone, this was the best and most relatable story in the series in my 25+ years of playing them. Don't want to drop any spoilers, but the ending really pieces everything together.

Just beat FFXV. Let me tell you, as someone who *wanted* to hate the game for the main character's hair alone, this was the best and most relatable story in the series in my 25+ years of playing them. Don't want to drop any spoilers, but the ending really pieces everything together.

Awesome..

I'm taking my time beating it.

Playing all the side missions and when Prompto wants to take pictures we go lol.

Awesome..

I'm taking my time beating it.

Playing all the side missions and when Prompto wants to take pictures we go lol.

Haaaaated the photos. I've got an entire list of "quests" to take them and I'll be daaaaamned if I ever do them.

But those quests and hunts are so easy to get wrapped up in. I was grossly over leveled at like 40 by Chapter 3, and that was without grinding monsters with any intention to level up. Gameplay-wise, it really only goes downhill from the initial open world stuff, so I'd enjoy it while you can.

I really enjoyed how in FFX, even if you were so OP for the story battles (and even then, it was pretty impossible to be so until you opened up the monster quests), I really enjoyed that you can choose to do those optional side quests to get better equipment and level up, because if you participated in the monster quests, no matter how OP you thought you were...... you were wrong.

So cool. I don't play minecraft but my son does. He is going to love this.

Minecraft and Fallout are coming together with a new mash-up pack for the sandbox game. The $6 Minecraft add-on will introduce 44 skins based on characters from the Fallout series, including Fawkes, Nick Valentine, Tinker Tom, Dogmeat, and of course Fallout's mascot, Vault Boy. It also adds new, irradiated environments to explore, complete with two-headed cows and massive, scary-looking spiders. Fallout's ghouls and other mutants will also show up, as will familiar Fallout locations such as the Capitol Building and Tenpenny Tower. Additionally, Minecraft's UI gets a "retro-futuristic" makeover in the mash-up pack, while there are some Fallout songs also included with the expansion.

I'm looking at your avatar and guessing if you've been playing these for 25 years, you started when you were about 3 years old. Which is impressive

So I played FFII for Nintendo, one of my all time favorite games. Haven't played them since, nor know anything about the current storyline.

Would I be lost playing FFXV? It just looks really good.

Archived