Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need your focus! Working in walking and running. Low carb diet helping me with dropping pounds. What else can I do to help bring the weight off, especially around my gut?

Do weight training if you're not already. It will help you build muscle and burn more calories. The biggest things are: Don't get any more than 30-45 grams of sugar per day most days. Cut out soda and sports drinks and juice. Even fuit has a good amount of sugar in it so don't overdue it there either. Track you calories by reading labels and Google searching. If you're not losing weight while tracking, you need to eat fewer claories (500 fewer is a good starting point.)

7 days a week unless I am very sick (skipped one day since January 1, usually skip 1-3 days per year) I do 31 minutes of power walking or treadmill - 4.5 miles/hour speed, 3.5 incline on treadmill. I don't do more because I often don't have time to do more but, in addition to that 2.2-2.3 mile walk I typically walk briskly at least another 1-2 miles a day and am on my feet constantly because of taking care of my young son. If I worked at an office I would do it for longer. I don't do formal upper body strength exercises anymore but I do a lot of lifting (and even still push the stroller at times) so I get some of that in.

The last 2% body fat I need to lose is really hard. But I guess it's my fault since I don't do a lot of cardio. I'm about 170-172lbs, about 14.5% body fat (I think my lowest was 12-13%), 5'8.5"...my abs show in the morning (when I flex them), and a little later in the day when I flex, but there is still some fat that is obscuring them. I only make it to the gym about 4 days a week or so now, but I try my hardest to keep my diet in check. I guess I need to work some cardio in after lifting...problem is, I'm always so beat by the time it's time to do even 10-20 min of cardio..I will get there...

The last 2% body fat I need to lose is really hard. But I guess it's my fault since I don't do a lot of cardio. I'm about 170-172lbs, about 14.5% body fat (I think my lowest was 12-13%), 5'8.5"...my abs show in the morning (when I flex them), and a little later in the day when I flex, but there is still some fat that is obscuring them. I only make it to the gym about 4 days a week or so now, but I try my hardest to keep my diet in check. I guess I need to work some cardio in after lifting...problem is, I'm always so beat by the time it's time to do even 10-20 min of cardio..I will get there...

Playing bball two or three times a week helped me shed some of the stubborn fat that was hanging onto me. I'm down to 12ish % bf from around 15.

Chest and abs this evening:

Iso-lateral decline hammer strength bench presses

Straight arm ab crunches (machine)

Dumbbell bench presses

Roman chair straight leg raises

Pec flyes (machine)

Planks (held for one minute, these sucked as I hadn't done them in a while, have to work back up to two min. at a time)

2-Part light weight cool down was:

Iso lateral horizontal bench presses

Dumbbell flyes

Legs and core

5 sets of prone leg curls

5 sets of toes presses (hold for five-count each rep)

5 sets of plate loaded squat presses (plate-loaded)

5 sets of leg extensions

5 sets of ab crunches (straight-arm seated machine)

3 sets of back extensions

3 sets of Roman chair straight leg raises

3 sets of planks (hold for a minute, rest for a minute)

Archived