Open Club  ·  40 members

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little known fact about me thrown in here - I'm am not a competitive person in general at all, almost the opposite in most things.

But when it comes to athletics, it's like my competitive drive kicks in. I'm that person who has gotten bloodied feet running , just because I don't want to be at the back of a pack. I don't have to be number one, but I can't stand not being able to keep up. It doesn't matter if my skill level is one at something and you are at ten, I'll try til I physically can not or wipe out.

And this is why I don't go on bike rides with the bf anymore. He's got legs of steel and he can go for hours at high speed up and down terrain. I was killing myself trying to keep up.

And it's why I tend to pursue more solo activities than enjoy group sports. This way I'm just competeting with myself. I listen to my body more, and my ego is less involved.

^ As I mention in my journal, I'm super competitive in sports and fitness, but no so much in other areas.

A coupe of weeks ago the guy guarding me disagreed with an obvious foul I called on him. He complained. Was bad news for him after that.

And I mean I'm in a lot better shape than him so it was such a hollow victory, but I just can't help things like that.

• 2 months later...

Big fitness day today. Lifting in about an hour, then eight hours later playing the first game in basketball league.

This week I also began a change in my workouts. After doing a Shoulders, Arms/Back, Chest/ Legs,Core three days split for years, I have started hitting full body throughout the week. What I've come up with for that here:

For the last few weeks I've felt very hungry, and that's usually a good sign that I'm gaining some strength.

• 1 year later...
Hey Happyfrank!

I had ankle surgery beginning of February. I had a bimalleolar fracture from roller derby. I'm about 4 weeks into PT. How're you feeling?

I hope your feeling better.

I'm feeling good. I had surgery April 29th and started PT last Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Choosing to Trust
      ‘Trust’ is a philosophical choice. We can be cynical, guarded, and awaiting attack. Or open, positive, and hopeful— BUT prepared for all outcomes. Love Advice discusses the pros and cons of both positions.

• 0 replies
    • Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Or Her Mind
      Clay Andrews talks about Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Mind. After a breakup, it's really confusing when it comes to getting back together, talking to you or even just being in contact with you. It can also be extremely frustrating how your interactions have been good but your ex is insisting that ex can't be friends and withdraws inexplicably. Had a great time spending time together but still your ex can't make up her mind? By the end of this video, Clay shares some IMPORTANT TIPS on how you can deal when your ex can't make up their mind and how to get your ex back.

• 0 replies
    • Everything You Need to Know About Going "No Contact"
      1. Signs That "No Contact" Is Needed, 2. Understanding "No Contact", 3. The Benefits of "No Contact", 4. Strategies to Make "No Contact" Work, 5. What Makes "No Contact" So Hard?, 6. Why You're Struggling to Stay Away.

• 0 replies
    • 6 Signs You Are Hurting Subconsciously
      Do you value having a positive and optimistic perspective of life, no matter how bad things are? Being overly positive and optimistic can be as bad, or even worse, than having a negative approach to something. After all, lying to yourself is very rarely the best way to approach things and it can be detrimental to your mental health. So, if you're not happy or hurting about something, it is important that you acknowledge it instead of repressing and ignoring it.

• 0 replies
    • 7 Habits That Make You Irresistible
      What are some simple habits that make you irresistible to women, men, and everyone? If you want to be a more attractive person, these easy habits will get you there. Confidence is half the battle - at least.

• 0 replies