Open Club  ·  40 members

Off Topic

Workout thread

happyfrank

Shoulders, biceps, and triceps.

Military press, seated dumbbell 35 lbs in each hand- 4X10

Skull crushers at 50 lbs- 4X10

Tricep Cable Pushdowns with the triangle bar 5 sets of 10 reps, 1 each at 60, 70, 80, 90, 100

Bicep cable curls, straight bar- 3X10 at 60 pounds

One armed dumbbell preacher curls at 30 pounds, 3X10

Standing dumbbell reverse flies, 25 pounds apiece, 3X10

Followed by ten minutes shooting basketball to cool down.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obliques are my favorite hehe, I got them after a lot of yoga and weighted sidebends. (if you want sidebends to be effective...you need to go heavy weight and focus on the eccentric movement)

You know...I don't like 'em! Not on me, anyway.

I think they look super hot on men though. My BF thinks they look good on me, but I will not be doing extra exercises to build-up my obliques any more than they are at this point!!

Just do it, I'm a fan of obliques on the ladies. Unless they're ultra pronounced.

Hmmm today for exercise... I did nothing yesterday! And kayaked the day before. So I believe working Chest and shoulders, then dreaded cardio I used to be so disciplined with cardio...45 minutes everyday no matter what...getting 20 straight minutes from me is a success... It has to be chasing a soccer ball, or doing something to keep my mind off.

Oh yeah, have beach volleyball today in the evening!

Yesterday was a heavy chest day, and a little cardio thrown in afterwards. If I make it to the gym tonight, might try to do legs and shoulders (not sure if I'm going tonight after work, since I'm exhausted from this past weekend).

Me too, I've slept in Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday

A joke I was told at the weekend:

If you want to pick a fight with one of two people, which should you pick? The guy who never goes to the gym, or the guy who goes to the gym every day?

The guy who goes to the gym.

He'll be too wrecked by whatever he did to himself the day before to defend himself.

Legs and core

Barbell deadlift: 225 lbs for 1 set of 8, 25 for a set of 5, 265 for a set of 3, and one rep at 285

Plate-loaded leg press: 5X8 at 530

Abdominal machine: 5X10 at 130

Prone leg curl (works hamstrings) 5X8 at 100

Standing dumbbell calf raises 5X10 with 50 pounds in each hand

Went to gym Friday-Mon, took off yesterday and today because I've been super busy. I have plans to see this girl tomorrow night, but hoping she gives me a different kind of workout hehe. Friday will be legs day...gotta work dem quads and glutes lol

• 1 month later...

I could do abs for 30mns long ago... 200 or so. Miss the six-pack.

Running has become tiresome. And personal record of push up was 40. Even when I was very thin.

Now I enjoy swimming or cycling. Or Just walking always in the countryside.

Used to be decent in badminton.

I have a 6 pack in the morning before I eat anything lol. I took some shirtless selfies (one of which is on Tinder - yeah, I'm that guy, but only on Tinder ). I'm tempted to post one as my profile pic, for a super limited time.

I want to get more cut, it's so hard though! You can't eat anything!!!

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Choosing to Trust
      ‘Trust’ is a philosophical choice. We can be cynical, guarded, and awaiting attack. Or open, positive, and hopeful— BUT prepared for all outcomes. Love Advice discusses the pros and cons of both positions.

• 0 replies
    • Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Or Her Mind
      Clay Andrews talks about Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Mind. After a breakup, it's really confusing when it comes to getting back together, talking to you or even just being in contact with you. It can also be extremely frustrating how your interactions have been good but your ex is insisting that ex can't be friends and withdraws inexplicably. Had a great time spending time together but still your ex can't make up her mind? By the end of this video, Clay shares some IMPORTANT TIPS on how you can deal when your ex can't make up their mind and how to get your ex back.

• 0 replies
    • Everything You Need to Know About Going "No Contact"
      1. Signs That "No Contact" Is Needed, 2. Understanding "No Contact", 3. The Benefits of "No Contact", 4. Strategies to Make "No Contact" Work, 5. What Makes "No Contact" So Hard?, 6. Why You're Struggling to Stay Away.

• 0 replies
    • 6 Signs You Are Hurting Subconsciously
      Do you value having a positive and optimistic perspective of life, no matter how bad things are? Being overly positive and optimistic can be as bad, or even worse, than having a negative approach to something. After all, lying to yourself is very rarely the best way to approach things and it can be detrimental to your mental health. So, if you're not happy or hurting about something, it is important that you acknowledge it instead of repressing and ignoring it.

• 0 replies
    • 7 Habits That Make You Irresistible
      What are some simple habits that make you irresistible to women, men, and everyone? If you want to be a more attractive person, these easy habits will get you there. Confidence is half the battle - at least.

• 0 replies