Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What did you dream of today?

Starshine

I dreamt I was rich haha and had 7 brothers and sisters and we were trying to escape from our parents old, all teenagers to go to this huge fancy party with lots of alcohol and in the dream I was assigned to write our parents a note, idk why I was the youngest and I had to ask two of my sisters what their names were because I didn't know WTH? and they didn't seem it odd that I didn't know my own sisters names one was Blair and the other was Nicole. Then I was painting a pantry pink, no idea what happened to the party.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dreamt I looked at my left foot and realized my big toe was in the middle, and the last toe, usually the little one, was almost the size of the big one. Not a pretty sight. Looking at it I understood that toes can change size, depending on how they are used, and it all made sense.

Today marks 1 year since I left my ex. Last night I had a dream that I decided to get back together with her, and went to her house (although it looked nothing like her house). I let myself in and there was nobody there, and then I saw the shadow of someone coming down the stairs, but only the shadow looked like a skeleton, even though it was my ex. She came down, sat by me and started talking like nothing had happened.

I haven't gone a single week without dreaming of her or her kids. Some weeks it's one dream, others it's 3-4 dreams. And this is for the past year. It's driving me nuts.

I haven't gone a single week without dreaming of her or her kids. Some weeks it's one dream, others it's 3-4 dreams. And this is for the past year. It's driving me nuts.

If this were my dream, I might think about how there is so little there to be attracted to, or to have a relationship with, she's just a *shadow of a skeleton*, no substance to speak of. She doesn't notice, which to me means it is all about how I am viewing her. And it's a different house than in real life, because it's a different situation, a different existence than it once was. Again, if it were my dream, I'd consider it a sign that I am healing because I am seeing her as almost gone. (It's not about her, since she's acting as if it's normal, it's about the viewer who is seeing her for what she now is.) Hopefully its a bit encouraging to you, Seymore, and not torturing you.

If this were my dream, I might think about how there is so little there to be attracted to, or to have a relationship with, she's just a *shadow of a skeleton*, no substance to speak of. She doesn't notice, which to me means it is all about how I am viewing her. And it's a different house than in real life, because it's a different situation, a different existence than it once was. Again, if it were my dream, I'd consider it a sign that I am healing because I am seeing her as almost gone. (It's not about her, since she's acting as if it's normal, it's about the viewer who is seeing her for what she now is.) Hopefully its a bit encouraging to you, Seymore, and not torturing you.

Wow! Thank you! Don't take this the wrong way, but I like you Not a lot of people are into dream analysis and while I take limited stock in it, I have such strange dreams that they intrigue me.

I like your interpretation and it makes sense in a way. For some reason I still feel a draw to her, and scared that one day I might cave, although I'm in a MUCH better place than I was. I drive near where she lives on my way to work every day so some days I think (not 100% seriously, but maybe 15%, if that makes any sense) "maybe I should stop by". I did, however, interpret the dream to mean that she meant death to me, that starting up again would be toxic and possibly deadly. The interior of the house was somewhat similar to my grandparents house, and the room we sat in was almost exactly like the room I was with my grandfather in while he died back when I was 15. Maybe that was a sign of danger.

Maybe the fact that she sat at the table with me and continued like nothing happened meant that she hadn't changed, everything was just as it was. Regardless, I kind of see it as my subconscious telling me what she really is, and that in itself tells me I'm healing. Thanks, journeynow! You made my day.

You also screwed yourself. Every dream like this that I have I'm going to post now, lol.

Wow! Thank you! Don't take this the wrong way, but I like you Not a lot of people are into dream analysis and while I take limited stock in it, I have such strange dreams that they intrigue me.

I like your interpretation and it makes sense in a way. For some reason I still feel a draw to her, and scared that one day I might cave, although I'm in a MUCH better place than I was. I drive near where she lives on my way to work every day so some days I think (not 100% seriously, but maybe 15%, if that makes any sense) "maybe I should stop by". I did, however, interpret the dream to mean that she meant death to me, that starting up again would be toxic and possibly deadly. The interior of the house was somewhat similar to my grandparents house, and the room we sat in was almost exactly like the room I was with my grandfather in while he died back when I was 15. Maybe that was a sign of danger.

Maybe the fact that she sat at the table with me and continued like nothing happened meant that she hadn't changed, everything was just as it was. Regardless, I kind of see it as my subconscious telling me what she really is, and that in itself tells me I'm healing. Thanks, journeynow! You made my day.

You also screwed yourself. Every dream like this that I have I'm going to post now, lol.

;-) I find dreams fascinating. Your interpretation makes sense.

One thing I think is cool about dreams, one person's dream can have meaning to other people, and their meanings might be might be unique to them.

When I was going through my breakup, though, my dreams drove me nuts. They reinforced the reality of the break up, which just made me sadder (day AND night) so I stopped remembering my dreams for a long long time. I needed a break.

Almost like your brain shut its recording mode off to protect you...interesting.

My dreams are maybe 80% of the time of my ex's kids. Me taking them places and them not speaking to me (they wouldn't shut up in reality when I did that lol, not that I wanted them to), or them crying and begging for me back. THOSE dreams hurt most.

• 2 months later...

i was staying at someone's house, but it looked a lot like a mixture of my two workplaces. outside, there was a piece of wood apparently intended to be used as a planter or similar, it had a pretty large indentation (or was it a hole?) in the middle. when i went outside, i saw a beautiful decorative chicken sitting in it. i don't know if that kind exists, but it wasn't your old farmhouse hen. it had beautiful wispy long feathers of a very nice shade of green, a colorful beak etc. it was sitting in that hole or indentation in the piece of wood, and looked like it was straining a lot. maybe she was in pain. i have no elegant way to put it- something huge was coming out of her. i wondered whether she was just laying an egg, or whether she was about to expel her own insides. i peeked underneath the wooden log and i thought i could see some large fleshy mass with veins and everything coming from underneath her...it was gross. later when i saw the neighbour i asked whether the pretty chick that i saw is okay. she said oh yeah, she just layed an egg. i was like oh thank god, i saw her struggling earlier and was worried she was sick or dying or something. and the neighbour just said oh no biggy, they're sold for like a few bucks. i said that i wasn't implying grave financial loss, i just wouldn't have wanted to see her suffering. later i saw the same chick playing with a frisky dog, she looked skilled and courageous.

then, i continued on my way and saw my boss on the pavement near the house. she was singing and playing the ukulele and resembled paz lenchantin (she doesn't in real life). i stopped to say hello, she commented on something, it was some kind of self-disclosure, i forgot what it was about but i am certain it must have been a very important clue. and now i haven't a clue. eh.

the straining chicken laying a fleshy egg is likely the weirdest thing i've dreamt in a while.

btw, i recently privately referred to my workplace as the henhouse.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the house with the foreboding basement popped up again. Short description this house seems to be a 1920s small two story, white with a red metal roof and dark shutters, the main basement is cement, however this is a root cellar or second basement which is sunk 3 feet deeper and very musty. In this dream the lower basement is mostly flooded.

Probably comes from the flooding in my basement a few weeks ago, just not sure why I characterize my 1950s ranch as that gloomy place.

• 3 weeks later...

A high-speed chase complete with color and sound, green lush trees and shrubbery, loud sirens blaring and plenty of red and blue lights flashing too. Just like in the movies. Hubs and i were being chased down by some angry guy in a turquoise car, waving a gun at us to pull over while we all sped along an empty highway that had a concrete meridian in the middle with trees on one side and a sidewalk with houses on the other side. No people, no streets to turn on to though, so we were trapped. And behind Mr. Road Rage there was a line of cop cars with sirens blaring. Very Thelma and Louise.

I kept searching the car for a cell phone, so we could call the cops and telling them it wasn't our fault, the guy had a gun and was after us. We were not willingly pelting along at 110 miles, but we weren't stopping to let him get close enough to open fire either. Only, I couldn't reach under the seat and I kept stopping and sitting up to admire the trees whipping by in a blur until Hubs would scream at me, "Find that phone!" again.

I woke up just as Hubs shouted to hang on, he was going to make a u-turn and head back towards the cops and hopefully safety. I like to think we made it and didn't die in a blaze of glory.

Just for the record, Benadryl always gives me the weirdest, most vivid movie-like dreams.

Interesting to find this thread today. I dreamed of my husband last night, which is rare for me. I was standing in a front room (not mine, but a front room even so). I was feeling sad. I looked up, and my husband was there. He was in pain. I could feel it from several feet away. I held out my arms to him, and he came towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, and we slow danced, like we used to do when he was alive.

I was trying to pull his pain away from him, into me. (Dreams are cool because they aren't concerned with what's possible.)

When I woke up, I felt that my youngest son was going to be ok, and that our relationship is going to be ok.

Interesting to find this thread today. I dreamed of my husband last night, which is rare for me. I was standing in a front room (not mine, but a front room even so). I was feeling sad. I looked up, and my husband was there. He was in pain. I could feel it from several feet away. I held out my arms to him, and he came towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, and we slow danced, like we used to do when he was alive.

I was trying to pull his pain away from him, into me. (Dreams are cool because they aren't concerned with what's possible.)

When I woke up, I felt that my youngest son was going to be ok, and that our relationship is going to be ok.

Aw, this made my arms and neck tingle.

How this is the first I'm hearing of this. That's terrible!! You alright sis?

Is it terrible? I've never had this happen before. It didn't hurt at all ,i never noticed a cavity or anything. It looked healthy. But it broke all the way to the gum and the chipped part didn't look healthy to me so i'm scared of an infection. Calling dentist in the morning. Scared of that too lol, the bill mostly. And root canals and implants and apicotomy and stuff. Eww.

That's so weird that i dreamt it though. I was hoping the meaning was symblic or something but nope that bugger went and broke for real.

Hopefully if my nightmares come true, HOH's dream will as well. Fingers crossed.

Ever had a tooth chip? I hope it isn't a huge deal. I've googled it and i wish i hadn't.

If only they used laughing gas here. That would help the anxiety.

Yea, I mean doesn't it hurt? I'd try and keep it clean (rinse with mouthwash or salt water a couple of times a day.) Google is your friend too! ;-)

I've never chipped a tooth, however some of my teeth are ground up pretty good. (I grind when I sleep.) Why don't they use laughing gas? Are there any alternatives?

it doesn't hurt...i wonder whether that means the nerve is dead. yeah, i'll pretty much be relying on salt water and betadine until tomorrow.

they give you shots. it's usually enough. i find europe likes to do a lot of things the hard way. for example you also don't get anxiolytics or muscle relaxants before endoscopies. just topical stuff, like a blob of lidocaine jelly down your throat for gastroscopy.

omg we really are twins. i have bruxism too! i had though that might have contributed to the problem.

i pretend i'm rocky balboa when i put the mouthguard in before sleep.

ooopsie we hijacked the dream thread with twin fun.

remember folks: nightmares....err,..i mean dreams...do come true.

haha... that Rocky comment cracked me up! Oh shoot, I never thought about that. Maybe I need to get a mouth guard again. I stopped wearing one because it was too $$$.

Yea, perhaps we need to start our own thread. Ramblings of twins.

I dreamt about a game I was playing before bed.

Thank you, RC I hope my dream comes true, too. If not....I can't even think about it. The idea that I might be handling this as wrong as I did before...nightmare.

On teeth, I have broken 2 of them recently. I'm a huge grinder. No pain. I haven't gone to the dentist yet. Money is tight, as I'm helping my daughter pay for grad school. She'll finish this spring, and then I'll go. I swish with warm saltwater every day.

Maybe we need to dream of pretty shiny new teeth lol

Archived