Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I went too fast in my other relationships and now, when there's no spark at the beginning, I'm afraid it means we're not compatible.

I'm so confused over this. I'm afraid that I'm comparing how I feel right now about William to how I felt about C, my ex, when things were good. I don't want to start off a new relationship that way. I need to find a balance of feeling that physical chemistry with someone else, that I had with C, along with the intellectual compatibility that's good for me.

I don't feel hung up over my ex, as a person. Just hung up on that feeling of mutual passion that we had. I want to find that again.

I find the day after a date and the space in between dates is when i determine how I really feel about someone. Usually if I am curious the next day, and that curiosity builds over a few days, I know that there is something there even if I felt nothing much during a first date. If it's out of sight-out of mind the next day, then I move on.

I'm afraid I went too fast in my other relationships and now, when there's no spark at the beginning, I'm afraid it means we're not compatible.

I'm so confused over this. I'm afraid that I'm comparing how I feel right now about William to how I felt about C, my ex, when things were good. I don't want to start off a new relationship that way. I need to find a balance of feeling that physical chemistry with someone else, that I had with C, along with the intellectual compatibility that's good for me.

I don't feel hung up over my ex, as a person. Just hung up on that feeling of mutual passion that we had. I want to find that again.

I am with you on this one and something I have struggled with this time around the dating scene.

I've said it before here on this forum that those who I have had those instant sparks with ultimately were bad choices for me and I struggle to hang in there with a potentially good guy I didn't have that immediate attraction to.

who doesn't want that `weak in the knees' feeling?! I just think those are few and far between so giving someone or something a chance to grow can be worth it.

Sounds like you had a good date. .Besides. .it is dating afterall. . you don't need to marry him

I talked it over with some friends, all of whom also were "for" continuing to see him for a little bit to see what happens. Ultimately I think I should not discount him yet, so I'm going on the second date he asked for. Dinner this Friday and mini golf afterwards. He's hinting at something else too, a surprise, but if involves anything overnight, he'll be sorely disappointed.

I talked it over with some friends, all of whom also were "for" continuing to see him for a little bit to see what happens. Ultimately I think I should not discount him yet, so I'm going on the second date he asked for. Dinner this Friday and mini golf afterwards. He's hinting at something else too, a surprise, but if involves anything overnight, he'll be sorely disappointed.

hmmm. . .most men will test you. . does it make them a bad guy?

I prefer them not to test so early on . .turn off for the most part. . but I don't know for sure that it makes them all bad.

You'll know what to do in the moment. . check him and carry on or kick him to the curb.

Or maybe he's just going suggest ice cream afterwards :snowman:

He's very sweet and follows through on what he says. His message before bed: "I really did have a good time tonight. You're lovely, and I can't wait till we can get together again." Then he said he's going out of town at the end of this month, but hopes to see me a few times before that. Then texted me good morning, and later asked if I'd like to go out to dinner and play mini golf with him this Friday. It's rather nice not having to make all the decisions, for once.

He's very sweet and follows through on what he says. His message before bed: "I really did have a good time tonight. You're lovely, and I can't wait till we can get together again." Then he said he's going out of town at the end of this month, but hopes to see me a few times before that. Then texted me good morning, and later asked if I'd like to go out to dinner and play mini golf with him this Friday. It's rather nice not having to make all the decisions, for once.

sounds promising

This is a very promising text.

I asked William to come over tomorrow evening to watch a movie with me. We have a short list of ones we agreed we'd like to see together, so he's bringing 2 over. I have popcorn and snacks here for us.

I'm determined to feel this thing out properly and want him to come over. It'll be the first time we've been together alone, not in public.

I've set my boundaries with him, and he is very careful to take his cues from me, so I'm very comfortable with the thought of letting him into my home.

William came over to watch a movie last night. We got Chinese and brought it back to eat. We watched Iron Man and cuddled on the couch. There was lots of kissing.

I'm just not feeling it. I really want to be more attracted to him, but I'm just don't feel anything. I'm humbled that he finds me so interesting and pretty, and is very considerate and kind; but I don't have anything more than lukewarm feelings and tonight will be our 4th date. Normally I'm much more invested by now. I would normally want to jump his bones by now. But I'm actually not even wanting to do anything sexual with him.

I'm going to have to let him down gently. He really is a very nice man; he just isn't what I'm looking for. We're supposed to have another date tonight, but I don't want to lead him on. I'm not gonna make him pay for a date only to tell him it's not going to work.

How do I do this? I've never done this before.

I'm going to have to let him down gently. He really is a very nice man; he just isn't what I'm looking for. We're supposed to have another date tonight, but I don't want to lead him on. I'm not gonna make him pay for a date only to tell him it's not going to work.

How do I do this? I've never done this before.

Tell him before the date that while he's a great guy etc, you don't think there's enough chemistry for you to continue dating and let him decide if he wants to go on with the date or not...that is, if you're happy to see him as a friend..it's up to you.

Do you think I should text this to him, or physically go to the meet up? I'm fairly certain that he won't want to be friends - he seems to like me a lot more than I like him. I feel like it would spare us both any discomfort by texting him, but I also feel like it's a cowardly thing to do by not telling him to his face.

I just gave a guy friend similar advise.

He had a date with someone (#2) and in the meantime had developed feelings for someone (#1) he had met previously.

He was planning on keeping his date with #2 and telling her that same evening he couldn't see her anymore.

My friend and I agreed that we,personally might rather not have had gone through getting dressed up and the anticipation of a date, only be dumped.

We would rather skip the whole exercise and advised him to call her and tell her instead.

He could do so in an honest and respectful way, timing etc, 'it's not her'. . blah, blah blah and if she's a level headed person she would appreciate his honesty.

If handled the other way I would be thinking. `Seriously, I got all dressed up for this?"

Something to think about. . .

That's how I feel, too, to be honest. Yes, I feel it's cowardly - but honestly, I don't really want to go through all of the preening associated with going on a date, just to tell him that I don't see him in a romantic way. Knowing him as I do, I feel like he'd appreciate a call more than us taking the time to get through rush hour traffic to get to a parking lot only for me to tell him it's over.

I'm still undecided.

Does any male have a quick perspective?

I would think it's cowardly if you had been in a long-term relationship with him. But you've only gone out a few times. Also, you don't know how the other person will react if you tell them during a date. I had done it once at a restaurant and the guy ended up crying (I'm talking tears running down his face) and everyone around us was looking at me and I felt like the worst person on earth!

Ummmm. 4 dates? I'd probably prefer a text or call. Probably easier for you to text. I mean there's not that much invested. I don't feel like you owe it to him to tell him in person. I'd only go on the date if you... well wanted to date him.

The earlier the better I'd say.

Archived