Christmas and breadcrumbs

He's been liking various photos posted on social media of mine and a few other family members over the Xmas break. He's also only just started to post things on his social media. I saw the last by accident as I have had the will power not to look at home feeds or his pages. I felt it was best to do that rather than delete or block him. Mainly because I want him back and to not look petty.

I don't know what to make of it. I think it's as simple as him liking what I'm posting.it's as simple as that and I'm reading it like that. Just that with a 'happy Christmas.x' message on Christmas day and wanting him back I can't help but hope its more than breadcrumbs. I'm still not contacting him and will continue with that in the new year. Just wondering anyone's thoughts about it. I've come so far (2 1/2 months post break up) but 'breadcrumbs' are becoming more frequent and seeing this post has made me miss him and wonder about that dangerous little thing called 'hope'....

Having him on your Facebook and him liking your posts is only holding you back.

Who cares if you defriend him he isn't apart of your life anymore. He decided that when you two broke up.

You are committing self torture by this cycle of reading into Facebook activity.

Don't allow your emotions to control you, we are emotional but you want to start to discipline your emotions, if you don't discipline and contain your emotions they will use you.

Break this cycle, forgive yourself and delete him so you can grow and move forward with your life.

If anything having him as a friend makes it easier for him because he knows your still there and can see what your doing. Cut that off from him and start living for you!

I think him liking anything on your FB only means he is enjoying his holiday. He is feeling content enough to like your stuff and probably other people's stuff. Don't read into it. It means nothing more that he is content.

Are people in agreement here? Doesn't everyone "like" a bit more during the holidays???

As the others said-get rid of him on social media. You will not meet anyone else if you are still longing for him. You will continue to long for him until you completely cut him off.

Daisy, you have to let go of this guy if you want to heal. Until you let go, you'll continue to hope. If he wanted you back, he should be doing more than liking a picture or two on Facebook. I know it's hard to cut ties, but you have to. Otherwise, in another 2.5 months you're going to find yourself in the same boat and no further ahead. You can't stay connected with this guy and heal at the same time.

Ouch ! I guess its torturing to have an ex that you still want on the Facebook ,because yes, it does prolong the healing process ...I don't like to delete people either from Facebook,but down in the line is a torture to see whats going on in their life while u healing ...I have learned something through my previous experiences,and that is we have to let go....I know its harsh ,but the relationship is broken and you are suffering and in order to have a chance with him one day,its necessary to heal and move on and remember that if you two are meant to be together at one point in the future ,u guys will be together...I really wish you the best

Archived