I didn't agree what Ray Rice did and was called a white woman

yeawutever

Well personally, I think he's a loser. However, I'm not sure what does being a white woman or not has to do with being disgusted with men like him? I definitely think he has other options.

Secondly, I'm hispanic and still disagree with what he did. Needlessly to say the male poster got surprised when I told I'm actually hispanic (he was insulting me before I told him that) but still don't excuse what he did. This guy was still excusing what he did and that is what I found disgusting too.

I, personally, think some girls need a smack now and then, but i watched that video over and over and yes she did shove him or slap his arm, but his reaction was just so over the top.

I'm also not colour blind, but I don't think it has anything to do with how a white, black, Hispanic, whatever woman feels about it.

The general consensus is that he's a loser

The older I get, the odder I find it that so many people think that so-and-so "needs" a smack. No one "needs" a smack. And you shouldn't smack anyone. If you truly want to hurt someone to their core, use your words and tell them what you really feel about them. Those are the most dangerous things of all and unlike smacks, they hurt for a lifetime and you don't go to jail for using them. I don't even know why people just go to hitting and punching anymore. Clenched fists are for brutes who don't know how to use words effectively. People who smack and use violence are reactive people.

Indeed Fudgie. No one deserves to get smack, every now and then. If I got smack even once by a bf I would file charges on him. I would definitely want him out of my life. Never will I accept a man laying a hand on me.

The fact that we still hear many people (even some women themselves) thinking someone needs a smack and using the excuse ''Well she started, she slapped him and she got what she deserved'' to be an abusive POS makes me speechless. Sometimes, it makes want to continue staying single. I'm so shocked at how this generation is turning out.

Indeed Fudgie. No one deserves to get smack, every now and then. If I got smack even once by a bf I would file charges on him. I would definitely want him out of my life. Never will I accept a man laying a hand on me.

The fact that we still hear many people (even some women themselves) thinking someone needs a smack and using the excuse ''Well she started, she slapped him and she got what she deserved'' to be an abusive POS makes me speechless. Sometimes, it makes want to continue staying single. I'm so shocked at how this generation is turning out.

I don't think it's about this generation. That attitude has persisted among some people for many generations including in methods of disciplining children. Just substitute "child" for "woman" -same thing. It's scary and it is often cyclical.

I have smacked/hit by two boyfriends in the past (my recent ex hit me and shoved me against the wall too) and sadly, I stayed with both of them, broke up with them later for other reasons. I should have left the moment they touched me (and no, I wasn't hitting them/provoking them) so leaving right away and filing charges, that is a good standard to have.

I admit, I watched the Ray Rice video and was thinking before I saw it that maybe, just maybe, he was in the right. Like, maybe it was self defense. I am okay with self defense. If you're a man and a woman is beating on you, by all means, strike her back to defend yourself. That's not what I saw in the video. I think physical strength needs to be taken in account too. If you're a hulking football brute, what a slap is to you is not a simple slap to a slight, thin person who isn't as built. It's like using a machine gun against a fly. She batted at him and he sucker-punched her into unconsciousness. And I don't care how angry he was, it was a bad choice and I wish he will never play again.

Please don't let POS like this make you from dating again when you are ready. There are so many guys out there who will not lay a hand on a woman even if they are seething.

Oh my god, no one needs a smack every now and then. What a loathsome attitude that feeds and preys perfectly on the reasons that people choose to stay in relationships where those things happens.

I saw that video and in no way, shape or form did their actions match each other. And then the way he just carelessly kicked about and dragged her unconscious body around.

Although it is true that in some cultures(but more or less living in those countries), domestic violence is more widely accepted. Sadly.

I also find it disgusting that the news shows are giving his wife airtime to come out and defend him. It sickens me. I wish someone at the news stations would have enough gull to say "you know what, no, we aren't interviewing you, I'm not giving a Stockholm-syndrome battered wife airtime so she can defend her abuser. You should be speaking out against him and saying to young women 'this isn't right', not defending him!!"

They both need serious help, not a stupid football contract. Geez.

The most disturbing part of the video for me was his action after hitting her. On one level I could SORT OF get a knee jerk reaction (which this wasn't) . After he hit her he did freak out, was completely in concerned, like "oh, I knocked her out. Hm, better figure out away to carry her back to the room" instead "oh god what did I do? I need help now!"

Exactly Fudgie, I've been lately hearing about stories about guy punching as first resort (or giving an even harder slap in pure anger) after getting all confrontational or cornering a gf but still have the nerve to hit when that gf reacts and whenever certain men tried to excused that as ''self-defense'' this makes me want to literally throw a bucket of cold water on them.

The truth is most of the times when I hear about those type of stories and they've been increasing lately, that is not self-defense. The man already has anger issues and clearly knows he's not in a threatening situation nor scared like I would be if a man corners me but is doing that in pure retaliation, in anger over something he started himself by acting all confrontational. I guess this is the new version of several other men condoning abusers like Ray Rice or Chris Brown. It doesn't take away the fact that they are using the classical lines of ''She deserved it, maybe if she wouldn't have done this and that....''. That's excusing an abuser.

Michael Vick ran that horrible dog fighting ring, got his wrist slapped and is back to making millions again.

Sadly, money talks. And sports are big money. Don't look to the people who run these teams to be 'morally aware.' Most of them don't care about anything other than making money and winning. They'll give a little lip service to caring, let the brouhaha settle down, then if they feel they'll make money off the person, they'll take him back.

The whole world of professional sports is notoriously corrupt. And the uneducated populace treats their sports stars as heros or Gods, when they have feet of clay and are frequently stupid, brutal, and dishonest people whose only goal is winning and money and who believe the hype that they are better than everyone else and should be able to get away with anything. Sadly.

The thing that makes me upset is that there's nothing I can really do about it. I don't watch football because I don't like what the players do and I don't think it's right to capitalize on pitting 'roid meatheads smashing each other and giving each other brain injuries. I don't watch football or major professional sports leagues at all but these industries are so big here, it's impossible to boycott them fully. McDonalds is a #1 sponsor, tons of places are smaller sponsers. I pay for cable and part of that money goes toward paying ESPN. Even if many people stopped watching football, it wouldn't matter, they would get their money.

It really does sicken me how greedy everyone is to the point that they are fine with the players abusing others, as long as they get paid, no one minds.

Don't get me started on the subject of professional sports. We pay our nurses and policemen and fireman and military who are true heros who make big personal sacrifices for all of us and society hardly enough to support a family, but we treat these drunken, brutal, and drug abusing sports fools like Gods.

But then I find spectator sports spectacularly boring and a waste of time, so don't get me started on that either!

Archived