I didn't agree what Ray Rice did and was called a white woman

yeawutever

What I find disgusting is that someone can get $25 million to throw a ball around. Yet I don't see doctors ,nurses or teachers being paid that. Yet some dude can throw a ball let's pay him 25 million. All society seems to care about is entertainment.
Exactly there are professionals and real prodigies that deserved that money for the long hard work, energy and time consuming it must have taken them for that research or invention but they don't get that.

Secondly, throwing a ball around has an age limitation and it's not like they can call that a profession. It's not; it's a temporary hobby. Unlike going to college, there is no specific age to continue learning and contributing something to society.

Indeed it's sad this lowlife will still have fans defending him.

Don't get me started on the subject of professional sports. We pay our nurses and policemen and fireman and military who are true heros who make big personal sacrifices for all of us and society hardly enough to support a family, but we treat these drunken, brutal, and drug abusing sports fools like Gods.

There are fewer than thirty people on the planet who have the skillset to be a starting NFL-caliber QB. On the other hand, hundreds of millions of people can get qualified enough to be cops or teachers or what have you. In a capitalistic society, scarcity equates to value: the rarer something is, the more valuable it will be. As a result, people with rare skills will get paid, and people with common skills won't, with morality/social worth never entering the equation.

By the way: a few years ago, I read that, on average, NFL athletes are arrested less than the general population.

It's only shocking to us because we have socially evolved to the point of finding physical "abuse" unacceptable. Go back even only fifty years and this was common treatment for men, women and children everywhere. Women beat their men, men beat their women, and everybody beat the children, the principle and teacher included... EVERYBODY was whipped!

So it's no surprise some people still believe in this manner of discipline. Using words has no effect on bullish behavior; who was Ray Rice going to "tattle" to if she didn't stop slapping him? the Authorities nowadays simple slap Domestic Abuse on every record they come accross...

Who knows where this will all end up. For now, we'll enjoy an era of purging it form our society, but we'll see if it actually succeeds in another 50 years...

Exactly there are professionals and real prodigies that deserved that money for the long hard work, energy and time consuming it must have taken them for that research or invention but they don't get that.

Secondly, throwing a ball around has an age limitation and it's not like they can call that a profession. It's not; it's a temporary hobby. Unlike going to college, there is no specific age to continue learning and contributing something to society.

Indeed it's sad this lowlife will still have fans defending him.

A temporary hobby that in a single year pays more than I will make in my lifetime...

No, that is a profession, and it's a very smart professional decision to pursue it if one possess the talent.

Archived