Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diary Of A Redhead

mylolita

This is, unfortunately, standard and business as usual Islamic terrorism. It's shocking, but it has gone on before and will happen again.

What I am appalled at is, in peaceful, democratic Western countries, we are seeing a very usual pattern: A proportion of the Muslim population either not saying a single thing against this evil, or openly supporting it. This was before any hospital bombing or any retaliation from Israel. Hundreds have taken to the streets all over England to support Hamas as soon as the attack was made - this is a fact, and I think I have every right to be appalled! 

To put this into perspective, there have been local protests happening for LBGTQ awareness, and when alternative people with a different opinion showed up, the police were there in a flash and threatened arrest and a ban from the city, or even public disorder jail time! But, hundreds can take to the street to agree with brutal massacre of children, and it's okay?

Douglas Murray puts it better than I, and speaks for a lot of British sentiment regarding this. We openly and cowardly house members of known terrorist groups here in the UK, and allow places of worship to  become terrorist recruitment grounds. People are terrified to speak up because the consequences are extremely heavy. Normal streets are turned into "no go" zones, where crime, even when reported, is ignored, for fear of being labelled as "racism" and "bigotry". Some of these streets you would definitely not walk down. We have lost our nerve and our spine to call a spade a spade. 

I have been to Egypt - these places are barbaric and extremely unsafe. Kidnapping, rape and torture come as second nature, and go unreported in the media. Being a homosexual holds the death penalty. They see stoning as a justifiable form of punishment?! 

There are obviously going to be casualties on either side now - but let me put it this way; only one side enjoys the violent rape, torture, and barbaric slaughter of babies, children, men and women. I think we all know which side I'm talking about. 

The media tell you Israel bombed a hospital - when this event was most likely now reported to be a misfired terrorist rocket from their own side. The Israeli government had given civilians 11 days notice to move and get out. What do people want them to do? Thank Hamas for their barbaric assault out of nowhere and just roll over? You can't talk to these people. They will strap bombs to their own women and children, even themselves. This is a different type of warfare than we are used too. It's seriously twisted.

Sometimes, I'm gonna get slack for this, but I think the whole world would have been much more stable and in unison, if we hadn't handed back The British Empire. But we're Brits, and we're sweethearts really, soft touches, and we say, unlike any country before that took land and resources - Hey! Apologies! Have it back!!!

There are people walking around, "protesting" in support for Hamas, claiming tax benefits, as known terrorists, in my country, who should be in jail right now, or deported back decades ago! 

Yes, after feeling the undercurrent and pulse of my small island nation, do I have a right to be angry and concerned about my own children and our own turf, and what these people will do next! It's the Wild West over there, and beyond, but we need to wake up here too, because trust me, to be in a near 100% islamic country with Sharia Law is no joke. And that's where some of these people want to head us. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mylolita said:

To put this into perspective, there have been local protests happening for LBGTQ awareness, and when alternative people with a different opinion showed up, the police were there in a flash and threatened arrest and a ban from the city, or even public disorder jail time! But, hundreds can take to the street to agree with brutal massacre of children, and it's okay?

I think you are grossly oversimplifying the situation and displaying a strong and badly informed prejudice  against Islamic people in general.

I am pro-Israel, secular Jewish, and have relatives living in Israel and one youngster in a Jerusalem  Kibbutz right now, we are all terrified.  And we don't hate Islam or its people either.

No way am I chill about terrorists.  Yet, I can understand why some people feel sympathetic towards the people of Palestine - generally Islamic people -  who have been living in an occupied state for the most part for over 50 years.   

Israel has tremendous armed forces and is robustly backed by the might of the USA, having received 3.3 billion dollars of aid from this country last year.  Biden just drafted a massive foreign aid bill which is said to have 10 billion earmarked for Israel.  So Palestine is basically toast.  Terrorists or no.  

Here in the USA, the faction of people who generally hate Islamic people also are anti-Semitic.  It's a political movement. (They hate LGBTQ+ people too ... there's plenty of hate to go around it seems).  I don't know if the UK features this same general swath of equally applied bigotry or not.  There has been a huge rise in anti-Semitism here which was nurtured carefully by the recently past administration and continues to burgeon.   

So, many in the pro-Israel, Jewish communities in this country are rightfully alarmed by hatred towards Islamic people and any other groups.  Those bigots hate Jews too.  

We are in a world of trouble.

5 hours ago, mylolita said:

Sometimes, I'm gonna get slack for this, but I think the whole world would have been much more stable and in unison, if we hadn't handed back The British Empire. But we're Brits, and we're sweethearts really, soft touches, and we say, unlike any country before that took land and resources - Hey! Apologies! Have it back!!!

??? You are joking, right? "Handed back"?   Yes, leading up to and following ww2, colonialism became economically unsustainable and obsolete, basically.  That and many other forces including Soviet threats, general rise in nationalism, and the UN & general feelings against colonialism worldwide caused the withdrawal of GB from many of its colonies following the war.

The first rebellion against British rule in India was in the 1500's. Over 70 uprisings occurred and a lot of people died (including Dutch and Portugese imperialists who Britain drove out of India)   before India achieved independence. 

Being American, I am aware of the Revolutionary War.  Between 25,000 and 70,000 American patriots died during this war, which lasted from 1775 - 1783 and had somewhere in the realm of 165 principle engagements.  

And don't even get me started on Ireland.

But I digress.  I'm not sure how the British Empire being reconvened somehow would solve the current tragedies of the Middle East.  Britain had Palestine for only 30 years and probably would have succumbed to political pressure from Israel even if Palestine had not been "handed back" to whatever entity received it.

• 3 weeks later...

So much I wanna talk about
But I ain't got no one to talk to
I'm always tryna work it out
But somehow it always falls through
And I know that I get rough
But I just wanna feel love sometimes
(Either you down or you ain't)
(You either riding or you can't)

You told me I could trust you 
Don't lie 
I could really use it

I could use your love and your trust 
You told me I could trust you 
(The more I tell you, the more you wanna know
And I could really use it
(If I tell you, will you use it when I'm low?)

I was having visions wit' you
Doin' things, switching lanes in the Beamer with you

And swimming in deep water, save me from my sorrows 
Swimming in deep
Just some peace is all I need
So why can't I get that for free?

You told me I could trust you?

Don’t lie

Cos I could really use it 

x

11 hours ago, mylolita said:

🤣🤣🤣

This is a tasteful nude Dias how dare you drag it down 😂 

Plenty of boobs and nudes around this ol’ house! I just draw the line where you eat 🤓

x

Hey I have good taste, actually the painter and I like the same type of boobs 😉

I told you I would like your house!

2 hours ago, dias said:

Hey I have good taste, actually the painter and I like the same type of boobs 😉

I told you I would like your house!

Aw! Thanks Dias! 

Great taste in nips is very underrated - HA! 

No one ever wants to leave when they enter! 🥳 Even the toughest of crowds I tells ya! You are walking into a British sanctuary! The fire is always on and the tea and coffee is always flowing!! And there are always, always; fresh flowers.

It feels very personal to put up a photograph of your home… even if it is just the mantle. Like snapping a pic of my knickers. It’s even more revealing. Is that weird? 

If I knew you to see you around I would be gifting you either something naughty for your Birthday, or a piece of art! This friend I found, she is doing up her house too (more like Grand Designs, it’s that amazing) but, I have set aside a little foxed glass antique Venetian mirror for one of her bathrooms. I know she’ll really like it! I don’t really wanna part with it because, in my opinion, it’s darn good - but I really like this one 🤣 It has delicately painted, muted flowers along the top of the frame, all cracked with age. I’m dying now just describing it 🤪

If you ever get your bachelor pad in the UK, we’ll go (my favourite exercise) SHOPPING! I tell everyone I know, seriously, if you need any rooms painting, just shout - I find in therapeutic! 

I’ll send you a pic of the kitchen if you’d like when we get finished? It’s a smaller version of the last one, but with a bit more of an antique personal touch. When I sent the last one, it was the estate agent snap, so I’d removed a few paintings and some curiosities just because, I don’t think people want to see that when viewing a house to buy. 

The last house would’ve been so great for an ENA round up! I didn’t realise how huge it was until I got in more normal sized house. 

What is good taste, huh? What is “being cool?” Can we put our finger on it? 🤓

x

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A painted lampshade casts down a speckled glow in a lightening bedroom.

I can see the mid blue of a dappled sky. I’m looking forward to summer. For a moment, Spring is arriving in November. Spring is in my mind. After the arguments, after the blow ups, after the rollercoasters and the self inflicted turmoil, we’re once again back in the game.

A little girl came up to me yesterday, clutched her skinny arms around my legs and said into my waist, “You are a GODDESS.” 

I feel a bizarre cultish following happening, I can’t escape the love and the hate I inspire. We moved to another town, and things are repeating themselves in the same Matrix like cycle as they did just when I was 7, just like when I was 16, like when I was 18, when I was 25.

I had a quick conversation with a Mum I like at the school gates. She asked me my age and I said, “Thirty three!” throwing my arms up! She laughed and said I didn’t look like I was in my thirties. Then she added, “You’re in your prime!”

Damn straight - maybe? 

Ask my husband! 

x

———-

Hello it's nice to see you again
Did you miss me?
We're meant to be friends
But it feels like a century
In my head

If I say something that comes out all wrong
Please forgive me for feeling this strong
But it feels just like angels
Mmm in my head

But darling the truth is
In darkness I'm ruthless
I wanna scream your name
Again and again

Maybe I
Am tempted by all that I see
You're nothing like me
I'm circling the room
In gold and french perfume

But darling the truth is
In darkness I'm ruthless
I wanna scream your name
Again and again

Oh baby
I'm misunderstood
And you're the only one who knows I could
See it all in black and white
Looking better by my side

Oh baby I don't want to be
The only one that's talking in my sleep
I could be your lullaby
Be my lover every night

Can we fly away?
Can we fly away?

'Cause darling the truth is
In darkness I'm ruthless
I wanna scream your name
Again and again

Oh baby I don't want to be
The only one that's talking in my sleep
I could be your lullaby
Be my lover every night

———

I genuinely walk around, living my life, thinking rules are something for other people, not me.

Is this grandiosity? Is this, toxic narcissism? Is this, being a Big Head? 

I have been on the fast track for everything I have set my big ol’ eyes on, and everything has come easy, or so it seems. All my problems are self inflicted and self created. The issues I have, I impose onto myself. 

My time is my time, I do as I please, please who I want, please myself, and do what I want, when I want it, for most of the time. If I didn’t have my young children, I would be in full glorious, obnoxious, amplified self indulgent swing, my friend!!! 

My check and balances are mostly gone, I feel; a law unto myself. I look at all the other ants, back and forth to the mound, and a sense of pity and indifference washes over me because, I simply haven’t ever really been able to relate. We become happy in the cages we create for ourselves.

Am I arrogant? 

Pride comes before a fall! Oh it does! It really does.

This morning, I sat drinking my coffee on a £500 mahogany loo seat. My reality is skewed, but I feel like I know the score. 

I used to think I was all smoke and mirrors, but, I know this is wrong. I am who I am, and I was born this way, and it’s not an act, although I am a shameless show off. I couldn’t stand an imposed routine or a kind of repetitive hum drum. I think this would be a quiet, slow, chipping death for me. You will have to kill me to take away my freedom, and I would have to be dead to no longer feel.

I am always passing through, never staying. I never need to say hello but I never also really say goodbye. Everyone acknowledges my time is only passing, and presumes I will go. My energy is a strange vibrant force that pushes forward and through, but leaves sprinkles of nostalgia. I don’t remind you of anyone else because I am so individualistic, and exalt you to discover the same, and throw myself down at the alter of the rich inner soul, while all the time revelling in everything outward.

Life is the pursuit and action of pure glamour. Everything has a cascade or lusciousness to it, even the mundane is ritualised with sensuality and passion. There is hot hate, hot love, hot sadness - nothing is muted, diluted, or limply executed. Everything can only be preformed with the off beat dramatics, and in sorrow, there is sexuality, and in sexuality, there is deep purity. 

Just another word on another day from a theatrical romantic. A dandy. A hyper, besotted, idiotic imp. Amen.

x

Let’s hear it for THE BOYS! 

C’MON ON, THE BOYS! 

The men who died for us, the men who would die for us, the men who keep our children safe at night. Let’s hear it for the roads that were laid, let’s hear it for tenderly loving the woman they need, and holding their daughters, so precious; steadfasting their sons.

THE GIRLS! Oh, THE GIRLS! 

The woman who hold tight, keep their heads up; and walk through this dangerous world with grace and beauty, who ooze feminine triumph, and torn down and at their worst, would still crawl across mines to hold their babies dear. There wouldn’t be anything without our glorious women.

And a man, and a woman, together, and truly as one? Is a powerhouse that no one can stop. Not even death can erase the trace of their eternal love. No one can take that from them.

I am not religious, but this is harmonious and miraculous sanctuary to me, and the ultimate prize, to be treasured and searched for, and once found, never given up on.

There is too much good in this world, even amongst the depths of bad. We are gonna win this thing, as long as we stick together, hand in hand, and what holds us fast, is love.

I have only swapped out Jesus for love, and most would argue, well, that’s the same thing. 

Not a day goes by where I don’t pinch myself in gratitude for it all, for another sunrise; and another sunset, and for the over abundance, over flowing, cascading LOVE I am granted in my life.

I don’t want to be put to the test - but if so, we will do it, and come out on top.

Just you wait. Everything’s gonna be okay.

x

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

Did you read the book the movie is based on -maybe Hornby is the author? I think he also wrote the book related to Hi Fidelity -an awesome John Cusack movie.

I haven’t Batya but I know of it! 

I love that film! Would you recommend the book? Once I’ve seen the film version of a book, it spoils the reason I would read a book in the first place, which is, to hear a story. When you already now know most of it and the ending, it’s over for me and the flame is out! 

I think High Grant seems a bit of a pr*ck in real life but, as this character? To quote, “bloody brilliant!” 

x

The “cheers” at the end does it for me! 🤣

The way the American edited the captions with the more American word “sh*tty” when really he said the most British term “sh*t heap!”

Sorry ENA, but truth be told, in general, by God you Americans grind my British nerves to a nub!!!! 

😜

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, mylolita said:

I haven’t Batya but I know of it! 

I love that film! Would you recommend the book? Once I’ve seen the film version of a book, it spoils the reason I would read a book in the first place, which is, to hear a story. When you already now know most of it and the ending, it’s over for me and the flame is out! 

I think High Grant seems a bit of a pr*ck in real life but, as this character? To quote, “bloody brilliant!” 

x

I am sure I read it before the movie and that's my usual order of things! I love his writing!