Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diary Of A Redhead

mylolita

I’m developed an instant, compulsive, recent obsession with the beach. 

I’ve always loved it, always. This was part of the reason why we moved here. But it’s taken on, in the last week, some deep, need of a meaning for me. I keep contriving ways to take those steps out onto the coast.

Sitting down in the shower this morning, all the sash windows open to the bathroom, letting tepid water pound the back of my neck and shoulder blades. I sat there for about half an hour… forty five minutes… looking at the sea foam green ceramic floor tiles, and the way the dark cast iron feet of the bath contrasted against it. I wondered if anyone else tranced out in a Spring daydream? Concocting all the ways to get that five minute walk to the sea. 

The air has suddenly turned fresh and crisp - summer is nearly here, the winter has gone. For a long time, I wondered if this would be the year eternal winter stayed, like the curse of Narnia, the beach forever cast in gothic mist. Air dried bed sheets smell of rose petals and sea breeze. There is no wind. Yesterday, we were encased in still warmth. 

I can’t even post the part of the beach that is my favourite. An idyllic, mystical cove, practically Jurassic in its mountainous cliffs. There was hardly a soul. Me and the girls had the world to ourselves. 

Today we woke to freckles across our noses and pink forearms, be a soft ripple at the linen curtains. And the sun, still here, seeing off the months before.

x

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mylolita said:

And of course, all the curls. 

The boy has just the same. My girly girls with their curly curls and my boy and his tousled blonde rings of gold. My beach babies. My Georgian cherubs! 

Everyday with you - has never been wasted.

x

IMG_1950.jpeg

Awwwww soooo cute ! 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, yogacat said:

Happy Mother's Day Miss Lolita!

low_Right Mask MD_cover.jpg

Aw Yoga!!

Thank you so much! 

At first I thought; this doesn’t make sense?! But then I realised you guys across the pond celebrate it on a completely different day to us Brits and we’ve already had ours 🤣 but the thought is absolutely so sweet and I’ll take another extra one anytime HA! 

Cheers Yoga x

• Like 1

SHUT UP, it’s Friday.

Do you wanna pay someone to string you along? Say oh, poor you! What a pity! Not your fault! Sweet dear! Or do you want me to shake you a cocktail, throw the fire on, and get some MUSIC?! 

You don’t just want me in your corner - YA NEED ME IN YOUR CORNER! Babe.

My corner doesn’t come easy - it’s niche, but we like it like that!!!!! That’s the POINT!🍸 

Signed, sealed - delivered. Cheers!

See you 5am 🥂 

x

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mylolita said:

SHUT UP, it’s Friday.

Do you wanna pay someone to string you along? Say oh, poor you! What a pity! Not your fault! Sweet dear! Or do you want me to shake you a cocktail, throw the fire on, and get some MUSIC?! 

You don’t just want me in your corner - YA NEED ME IN YOUR CORNER! Babe.

My corner doesn’t come easy - it’s niche, but we like it like that!!!!! That’s the POINT!🍸 

Signed, sealed - delivered. Cheers!

See you 5am 🥂 

x

Love it!

💓

On 5/16/2024 at 7:32 PM, yogacat said:

😂

Lol that's the typical a bit above average ***y looking girl that thinks the world owns her. Personally, I don't like that style so I have never approached in my life this type of girls (I get irritated even looking at this gal on the video lol), kudos to the guys who have the guts to feel humiliated. 

Having said that, this attitude is learned and can be un-learned very fast with something like this

• Haha 1

Yeah, interesting in when women reject men and when men reject women. The men here were so kind 🥰, whereas the women were so ***y!🤪😂

8 hours ago, dias said:

Lol that's the typical a bit above average ***y looking girl that thinks the world owns her. Personally, I don't like that style so I have never approached in my life this type of girls (I get irritated even looking at this gal on the video lol), kudos to the guys who have the guts to feel humiliated. 

Having said that, this attitude is learned and can be un-learned very fast with something like this

Move in closer, I’m gonna tell you one thing. It’s highly controversial. Shocking, even.

I absolutely hate holidays.

I’m sorry darlings, there’s not a thing I can do about it! 

I see the public chirpily, gleefully, OBSESSIVELY, planning their next trip. Will it be, ICELAND via recycled tin cans?! Swimming with dolphins in a man made lake in Dubai?! Wearing gold speedos in Manhattan? Drinking cocktails out of a shoe on a spa day with your Dad?!?!? TANNING IN TABET?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! 

Simply, for how adventurous I’m supposed to be, I’m a total, dry, languid, bore of a homebody. I really am. I nest, and I nest HARD.

So here we go, very, very reluctantly, packing for a week in the country. I have already made 8 threats and monologued for forty minutes into the wardrobe. I went out to the car talking to myself saying, “This is bullsh*t! God help me! I can’t take it!”

I should be thrilled and skipping around humming and yet, it’s nearly 1am, I have three suitcases I can’t close, clothes everywhere like the drawers have just spontaneously combusted, and I have to do everything I would normally do at home - cook, clean, entertain the kids, organise everyone, kiss away the boo boos, but without the comfort and minute away necessities of my sweet, sweet perch, right here. No, we need the blankets. We need the potties! We need some toys (it’s got to three bags?! WHAT THE FLIPPY DOODLES KIDS?!) I have a shoe bag, that’s got sandals to wellies, because hey, we’re holidaying in the delightful UK. Anything could happen in the next half hour. I’m absolutely DYING here. Dying. I throw my hands up dramatically and cry, “There’s nothing HERE for me D! I don’t have the outdoor stuff?! My mind isn’t in it!!!” (Oscar, please). And now the stupid happy once a year (this is going to be so much FUN don’t ruin it!) husband is lounging there in bed while I’m covered in moth balls and little floral shorts with polka dots, he has the nerve, the DEATH WISH, to say to me, yawning, “I think we should head off earlier tomorrow. Get a good start.” 

Like hell you will. DO YOU WANNA DIE?! 

He’s not, by the way. I told him I was going to have a panic attack. Then I told him actually, he can go early if he wants with the kids to meet my sister but, I’ll follow them up at my own leisure on the train or something, might get in the day after. Oh and; my arch nemeses, my pet peeve, the person who grinds my gears the most and the sight of her starts my cortisol pumping through my eye balls, my p*ss, excuse me, BOILING. It’s… ma sista. Tagging along, close quarters, all bought and paid for. I went out and did the food shopping today for them all. For the price of her accommodation, booze and meals, I could have hired a nanny who sung opera in Latin, French and Spanish, and Toby Stephens massaging my thighs. Instead, I have this gob sh*te at my heels for the week and I’m somehow PAYING for the privilege?! 

Please! 

I’m gone. Shipped off. 

You know what I like? I like days to the beach. I like woodland walks. I like putting the fire on and turning the music low. I like settling down with the three chiddlers, huddled around a nice painting set, watching them carve intricate, cute little figures, like dreams onto paper. I like lighting candles and buying flowers. I like cosy nights in with the husband, cocktails from the fridge, and ice by the bucket. I like the day to day. But, especially, just the one day. Not the week, not the four nights five days, not the fortnight - ONE DAY. One day, at a time. Here. 

You know what I don’t like?

HOLIDAYS. 

Show me a good one yet!!!!! Ohhhh it’s all fine when you’re 20 and just pluck your mini hold-all on up with your four bikinis and your kimono. All you have to worry about is where you’re gonna eat and how many martini’s is too many martinis!?

Next week, I will be like a stress filled hawk, in the crowds at swimming pools making sure they aren’t abducted or drowned. I’ll be on constant alert. Do this, he says, it’s just a fracture, he says! Broken femur! It is! Ohhh let’s do these quad bikes, yeah! Let’s go to the rafters and then take the chopper back to base?! 

How about, that’s fantastic for James Bond, but not for a 2 year old. How about, go please yourself, and I’ll be 100 miles away shopping for garden furniture, perfectly at peace, happy as a clam. Not on holiday, but clearing out the account all the same. In a good days work. 

I’ll need a holiday to get over this bloody holiday!!!!

Am I a grumpy diva? 

In the genius words of our modern deity Arianda Grande - YES! And?! 

x