Saying goodbye

Seraphim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Spots went to his rest at 3:45. He had a sedative and 15 mins later he was euthanized. We all cuddled him as he passed on. My son did so well. Far better than his mom. I am so proud of him. He closed his cat's eyes after it was all over and hugged him. He shed a few tears and told his cat, " I love you and I am glad you are perfect now. "

Seeing this makes my eyes well up. My old dog is dying as well as of yesterday and I am dying inside. I'm so glad you were able to do what's right for him Vic.

Gah, what your son said, I'm going to start crying all over again...

Seeing this makes my eyes well up. My old dog is dying as well as of yesterday and I am dying inside. I'm so glad you were able to do what's right for him Vic.

Gah, what your son said, I'm going to start crying all over again...

I am so sorry about your dog. Hugs.

Yes, says some of the most amazing things at the right moments. In fact he popped his head inside my door and said," mom don't cry he's meeting his cat family right now and he's a kitten again with his mom and dad." That kid is priceless.

I am so sorry about your dog. Hugs.

Yes, says some of the most amazing things at the right moments. In fact he popped his head inside my door and said," mom don't cry he's meeting his cat family right now and he's a kitten again with his mom and dad." That kid is priceless.

Awwww...this is so sweet! I'm sorry for your loss. I am a HUGE cat person, and I know how much they become a part of our hearts. I always say that it is a great testament to the love and joy that pets bring to us that we get them knowing that we will long outlive them and will have to say goodbye. The loss is tremendous, and yet....we do it over and over again over the course of our lives -- bring a pet into our home and heart, only to have to say goodbye what always feels like too soon. That really says something.

I love your son's interpretation of "kitty heaven." It's so nice that he can find something so positive about the situation.

Mr. Spots was a beautiful cat, and it's clear that he was well loved.

Awwww...this is so sweet! I'm sorry for your loss. I am a HUGE cat person, and I know how much they become a part of our hearts. I always say that it is a great testament to the love and joy that pets bring to us that we get them knowing that we will long outlive them and will have to say goodbye. The loss is tremendous, and yet....we do it over and over again over the course of our lives -- bring a pet into our home and heart, only to have to say goodbye what always feels like too soon. That really says something.

I love your son's interpretation of "kitty heaven." It's so nice that he can find something so positive about the situation.

Mr. Spots was a beautiful cat, and it's clear that he was well loved.

Thank you Browneyedgirl. We are huge cat people too. My husband always had cats growing up so he likes cats. I had cats and dogs. We had 4 cats until yesterday. Yes, you are right it is never easy. I am so glad my son found a way to lessen his grief. We prepared him for a few weeks for the passing to make it smoother for him.

Oh Vic, that is beautiful.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Putting a pet to sleep is the worst feeling in the world. Knowing you did the right thing is small comfort.

~hugs~

Yes, you are right Agent, right now it is no comfort but I know in my heart it was right. He was starting to suffer and would have suffered greatly had we not euthanized him. He was such a big beautiful boy. We just wanted him whole and in peace.

I'm so sorry... Our pets are as beloved as our children and it is so hard. But you did the right thing to prevent his suffering, and in time will remember him with a smile rather than sorrow.

Yes, we had smiles of him yesterday. We have movies of him doing things that make him, him.

Vic, I put down my dog today. I don't want to make a thread about it though because I am just feel super broken and I'm going to bawl at work again if someone mentions Rainbow Bridge.

We got the body back though and we will be burying her tomorrow on the family property.

Vic, I put down my dog today. I don't want to make a thread about it though because I am just feel super broken and I'm going to bawl at work again if someone mentions Rainbow Bridge.

We got the body back though and we will be burying her tomorrow on the family property.

Awww I am sorry sweetie. I feel your pain too. Hugs. Just know she is better off.

I know, I don't want her in pain. My mom and dad were both crying and my mom held her and wpet and said "I love you so much sweet girl you helped me raise my kids, you raised my kids"

I am going to start crying again if I'm not careful

You are right. I am at work right now and sadly, it's a slow day so I find myself thinking of my dog and wanting to cry a lot. I have been crying for most of the day and the day before too when she got sick. So I am trying to hold it together right now. I probably shouldn't have come in here but I didn't want to leave my boss hanging even though I'm not mentally well right now.

Archived