Saying goodbye

Seraphim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right. I am at work right now and sadly, it's a slow day so I find myself thinking of my dog and wanting to cry a lot. I have been crying for most of the day and the day before too when she got sick. So I am trying to hold it together right now. I probably shouldn't have come in here but I didn't want to leave my boss hanging even though I'm not mentally well right now.

Hugsssss. I know exactly what you mean.

So sorry to hear this Vic. I know how much fur babies mean to their parents. I have an old boy myself and luckily he is very healthy right now, but at 13 years old, I know it won't last for long. I've never had to put down a pet, so I don't even want to consider it. It just breaks my heart, but I know when the time comes, I'll do the right thing.

You did the right thing, and I believe pets go to heaven so now your family has another guardian angel *hugs* to all of you.

So sorry to hear this Vic. I know how much fur babies mean to their parents. I have an old boy myself and luckily he is very healthy right now, but at 13 years old, I know it won't last for long. I've never had to put down a pet, so I don't even want to consider it. It just breaks my heart, but I know when the time comes, I'll do the right thing.

You did the right thing, and I believe pets go to heaven so now your family has another guardian angel *hugs* to all of you.

Awwww thank you sweetie! So nice to see you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Victoria... that is always a both painful and comforting moment. I remember feeling good that I had finally brought my boy home again, but it is a sad moment too because it is a reminder your beloved pet has passed. It is hard now, but time will help you remember him with joy rather than pain.

I know for me, I intend to put my pet's ashes in my coffin with me when I go, so we can all sleep close together again! I don't know why, that thought really comforted me and still does! They are family, and we will always have them with us in our hearts even if they have passed on before us.

Hi Victoria... that is always a both painful and comforting moment. I remember feeling good that I had finally brought my boy home again, but it is a sad moment too because it is a reminder your beloved pet has passed. It is hard now, but time will help you remember him with joy rather than pain.

I know for me, I intend to put my pet's ashes in my coffin with me when I go, so we can all sleep close together again! I don't know why, that thought really comforted me and still does! They are family, and we will always have them with us in our hearts even if they have passed on before us.

Thank you so much for that. Yes, it is great to have him home where he belongs. And yes it is a sad reminder too. His little buddy Ernie came and rubbed on the urn and gave it a lick. I think he knows his pal is in there.

I'm sorry about the passing of your pet. It is good to know there are many animal lovers on the site. Animals have always held a deep place in my heart since I was a small child.

• 2 weeks later...
I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like Mr Spots had the best send off anyone could ask for - peaceful and surrounded by love.

I love his little pawprint; such a lovely memorabile. He was quite a handsome fellow.

(((())))

Awww thank you. I wish you peace and love for the passing with your own little friend.

Archived