Why would a guy who is NOT my boyfriend go through my phone?

Sweetestsin92

This co worker tried to look through my phone. My phone is locked, but he attempted to go through it. I use to be some what friends with him, but he was really annoying so I stopped talking to him. He would call me a and shallow for having a type in dating. He was opposite of what I liked. I stopped talking to him and a month or two later he got a gf. He would always brag about her, especially when he would come talk to my manager. Since she's like a mother to him. Anyways one day I saw him trying to go through my phone and when he saw me coming he looked so scared then put it down.

I hope you got right in his face and yelled at him. I would personally have screamed, "What are you doing????? Put that down, why are you going through my phone?" And done it loudly enough to shame him in front of the entire office. Barring that, maybe a complaint to HR since that's beyond acceptable behavior and borders on starting to stalk-type behavior. There is zero and I mean zero reason for a coworker you aren't even friends with to be doing that.

And the reason he was going through your phone was either to gather numbers to stalk you with--i.e. you or your friends or to see who you're dating or...no reason is a good one. It's one step short of standing outside your bedroom window when a near stranger or acquaintance goes through your phone.

This co worker tried to look through my phone. My phone is locked, but he attempted to go through it. I use to be some what friends with him, but he was really annoying so I stopped talking to him. He would call me a and shallow for having a type in dating. He was opposite of what I liked. I stopped talking to him and a month or two later he got a gf. He would always brag about her, especially when he would come talk to my manager. Since she's like a mother to him. Anyways one day I saw him trying to go through my phone and when he saw me coming he looked so scared then put it down.

Should report his actions that will stop him from attempting it again. He crossed boundaries and you are not even friends I am guessing he wanted to look for pics or texts maybe even phone numbers you have stored that's creepy and so inappropriate. I would have went right to HR about him.

Archived