Online dating pet peeves

Jennifer89

Slight detraction from the original idea of this thread but this is quite interesting. I'd say that in this picture:

1. Thin

2. Average

3. Curvy. She is definitely not fat.

Although an average woman in the UK is a size 16 and number 2 is definitely smaller than that and probably number 3 also.

I have the delightful paradox of being a mixture of number 1 on the top and number 3 on the bottom! I put my body as "average" on PoF because I think "thin" would make a guy think "skinny", which I'm not, and although I go to the gym I'm not toned so I don't think my body would class as "athletic".

1 is too skinny, i am a latin man, and latinos want meat on their womens body - if i like that or not - my family wouldnt, they would think she was sick.

2 Yumm, most women i usually date are this size. I dont like big boobs, i'm not too much of a fan of a big booty, but i wont turn it down because- to be a little bit fresh, it feels good. Number 2 kind of looks like an ex of mines.

3 yumm too. I have dated women of this size. Most latina women want to look like her, they are usually the standard of hot for them, and for blacks too - yes thats a stereotype, but i grew up around blacks and latins- this is as real for me as the sky is blue (it doesnt mean all, i dont follow their standard). Now, she has to have some booty. The wide hips on her is sexy, but anymore weight without a butt is not sexy- it just leaves the impression that she doesnt care about her look - where a bigger booty women would rock slightly more weight because it will make her butt bigger - and no one will complain. So, a number 3 with no butt would not top a 2. But a number 3 that pulls it off has a way higher sexual power than number 2.

But, a number 2 with a big butt- would be the top. Those are rare- and most might be silicone.

Lol at me making a whole post about butts.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three words is all I need guy- This guy is classic, instead of mentioning something he saw in your profile or that he'd like to know more about you, his message is simple and clear, it starts with his first message but it continues throughout half of the messages he sends you "Hey, what's up?" and if it's spelled correctly, that's a bonus, and if there's a question mark, maga bonus!

Alternatives to this include: "Hey" "Whats up" "hi" "How are you" etc.

I mean, weight is something that by and large can be changed. I don't diet, but eating healthy and working out has always been a part of my life. So I've always been lean and somewhat muscular (but not huge, I'm too short to be that huge). That's why when I see a fat girl messaging me, I get annoyed because in my mind, if they make positive changes in their lives, they can change that. Yes, I know, some people have bad genes and really can't ever be thin, but MOST people can lose the weight if they're really dedicated and really want it.

But when women discriminate on height, I sometimes get annoyed because we can't workout and get taller (another reason I'm going for women in their 30s, they're more open minded). Thors, that's funny, I thought you'd have been taller too. I'm only 5'7" myself, and it hasn't really held me back. I very rarely message women online since I hate rejection (and the ones I would message I'm sure are getting thousands of emails), I just have them message me and I do the weeding out lol. I can't tell you how many times women with height requirements of 6'0+ on match have "waived" their requirements and messaged me. I've also dated women taller than me, no sweat.

I can kinda see the Vin Diesel reference lol. But chicks seem to dig him, so I'm sure that's not hindering you. One of my buddies looks EXACTLY like him, and he's my height. I've always been told I look like Tom Cruise...and I just joke around that I'm short like him too hehe

Thats actually my height also, last girl i dated was 5'9 or 5'10''. She never saw me as shorter, she said i just looked bigger somehow.

For women with height requirements, i dont care- i just know thats their thing, and we all have it.

I dont think i look like vin diesal, only thing is the shape of his head, plus i crop or sometimes shave my head low. I also get chris daughtery, or the white guy from barbar shop- but i look more like this reggeton light skinned singer from wisen y yandel - but no one here would know him.

I get mean scoffs from white women - now that is blatant rejection and disrespect. I dont even look at them for more than a second, and most of the time we met eyes by accident. Considering the level of physical beauty from the women i dated, i would assume i had the ability to attract them (who in most cases werent at their level) but they want to look at me with the stank face. i dont care what latino men say or do when you walk by, dont discriminate against me. There have been times when i was angry because a girl thought i was looking at her - when i was looking passed her, and i said something back .. want to be mean, i can be mean back.

I remember when a group of hipster girls wouldnt get out of my way when i said excuse me, im trying to get through. They really thought i was trying to talk to them. I noticed a pack of guys next to them, i looked at them and told them to "move the f out the way, im getting f'in angry right now" they got nervous and yanked the girls out of the way.

So women do reject pretty harsh - just like we do with weight. I get, "you look like a womanizer" "you look tough, like a thug", "you look like you club a lot". Assumptions can be rejections, lol.

So i am on that pedestal too, i got quite a list of no-no's, and i dont want to hear how i am wrong or bad for being this way.

Yeah I mean I just see a very slight resemblance to Vin Diesel, but Daughtry is more accurate haha.

I know, I can't get too mad at women with height requirements because we ALL have physical preferences. So I get it. Plenty of women out there like short guys and many can be convinced to get past their height requirements so no skin off my back.

Wow white women actually scoff at you? That's messed up. I'm Italian and Spanish, but I can't say that's happened to me because I look like I'm all white. My mother told me she faced that kind of racism growing up. That's so stupid of those women you mention. It's also messed up how they prejudge you and say you look like a thug or a clubber when they don't even know you. Honestly, you wouldn't want anything to do with them anyway. Preferences regarding looks is one thing, but what you describe is on a whole different level.

I am getting super paranoid about the curvy bit How many lbs over would you say is more than curvy? What is the lady here in the pic?

Also I thought curvy was also defined by the chest, waist, bum ration that it's good if it's 7 or below or something.

I don't think you need to be paranoid. I think what's being talked about here is women trying to pass themselves off as "curvy" when they are actually total fatasses.

Okay, this pic is a little small, but this woman doesn't seem overweight. She seems actually curvy.

Slight detraction from the original idea of this thread but this is quite interesting. I'd say that in this picture:

1. Thin

2. Average

Although an average woman in the UK is a size 16 and number 2 is definitely smaller than that and probably number 3 also.

I have the delightful paradox of being a mixture of number 1 on the top and number 3 on the bottom! I put my body as "average" on PoF because I think "thin" would make a guy think "skinny", which I'm not, and although I go to the gym I'm not toned so I don't think my body would class as "athletic".

The third one is fine, she has curves and I agree, she is definitely not fat. Like I said, I like curves. I just don't like women claiming to be "curvy" when they are actually obese.

All three of these women are attractive. I'd go for the one with the best record collection!

But people do do this- and if it happens again and the difference is huge- hate me if you want-i will say something and leave. That happened to a coworker of mines, he walked up to the car, saw her size- noticed she lied about her weight, then walked right back into his car mumbling.

You know what I can't blame someone for walking away if the other person outright lied in their profile. That's never happened to me b/c I don't lie.

For women with height requirements, i dont care- i just know thats their thing, and we all have it.

I'm so glad to hear someone is realistic about this instead of just getting mad.

I know, I can't get too mad at women with height requirements because we ALL have physical preferences. So I get it. Plenty of women out there like short guys and many can be convinced to get past their height requirements so no skin off my back.

See men have quite stringent weight or body type requirements so lets not get on women who prefer certain heights. I actually don't look at body type much at all...average, athletic, a few extra or skinny for a guy they all work for me more than 30 pounds over though and I'm not as attracted I'm a petite girl I don't want to be crushed. lol

1. Thin

2. Average

Yikes!

1. I like to ask what size does she wear there isn't a -4?

2. I'd say this fits me but I'm 5'1' so that all gets condensed a little and I think just makes me more curvy. But like hodgeheg said, in my city size 14 is average and anything under a 10 at my age is rare so at around a size 4 I'm tiny and somehow I'm still not good enough for some guys. Oh well, can't please em all.

3. Actually I'd say this is average but then if this is average what is #2? So yeah curvy I guess. I actually think this body type is very sexy if she has the confidence to pull it off. I think you're right you'd have to add 20 pounds to #3 before she'd be overweight.

For the guys: If you're only going to post face and shoulder shots and your main shot makes your face look chubby or there's a little extra chin that's just from a bad angle...then make sure you have other pic from better angle b/c if in every pic your face looks chubby wit an extra chin and you say you're Athletic and toned.....I beg to differ. Average maybe but not athletic and toned..... better yet go ahead and post full body shot. But please keep the shirtless shots in the gym bathroom for your own before and after collection! If you want us to know you're fit show a pic of you doing something active.

HAHAHA! And then there's this I just got this one:

"looking for something short. no-strings-attached no drama

i'm a giving person and focus on the people i'm with to make sure everyone is happy"

Hmmm maybe blue Spiral found me on OKC. Actually I applaud his honesty but this isn't what I want right now. I hope he know this isn't going to work most of the time.

For the guys: If you're only going to post face and shoulder shots and your main shot makes your face look chubby or there's a little extra chin that's just from a bad angle...then make sure you have other pic from better angle b/c if in every pic your face looks chubby wit an extra chin and you say you're Athletic and toned.....I beg to differ. Average maybe but not athletic and toned..... better yet go ahead and post full body shot. But please keep the shirtless shots in the gym bathroom for your own before and after collection! If you want us to know you're fit show a pic of you doing something active.

It is like the whole thing with "curvy" getting abused. I go to the gym every day, and I'm in pretty good shape and don't have a gut. But I would just say that I'm "average". To me, "athletic and toned" means having a six pack and really being ripped. But if the "average" American is overweight, then I'm better than average. I could maybe even get away with "toned" but I'm no athlete...

I had this girl once tell me online that she left her boyfriend because his penis didnt function, and i liked how she added how he was a doctor. So i looked through her profile while she kept sending me messages "like dis, nah mean?" Once i saw her profile read

educated only, taller than me only, career goal, not ugly - dont message me or you will get ignored!!!!!

I just flipped out, lol. Its not only because of what she had on her profile, and how she would reply, but the fact that she only had 2 pics!!! All far away, couldnt see the face well.... plus she was supposed to be a teacher and couldnt spell correctly. So, i asked her - why are you so picky when you dont have visible pics to be judged on? She said something along the lines of' I dont give an f, you know. I am not here to make people im not feeling, happy, wt f. So i got mad and we argued and i blocked her...

Not sure what the point of that was, but that was the last time i checked my dating profile, lol.

What I see there is #1 and #3 being the top and the bottom of BMI, and #2 being somewhere in the middle.

I think you've summed it up there. Thought I should add here that I have seen the same issue with guys who put on PoF that their weight is "average" when their pictures definitely suggest that they're a little chubby.

Yeah, not to be a d*ck, but there are some women out there who are truly the bottom of the barrel who have ridiculously high standards. I mean...if you can't spell correctly, you're uneducated, horrendously out of shape/ugly...do you really think you're going to get a Brad Pitt lookalike who makes 6 figures and likes puppies? I mean c'mon...you gotta have SOMETHING.

Online dating truly is a trip. I'm growing more tired of it by the second...but I will say it's quite amusing sometimes.

Yeah, not to be a d*ck, but there are some women out there who are truly the bottom of the barrel who have ridiculously high standards. I mean...if you can't spell correctly, you're uneducated, horrendously out of shape/ugly...do you really think you're going to get a Brad Pitt lookalike who makes 6 figures and likes puppies? I mean c'mon...you gotta have SOMETHING.

Same for men. I feel both genders have standards which some may feel are "more than they should expect."

Same for men. I feel both genders have standards which some may feel are "more than they should expect."

EXACTLY!

There are just as many men out there who all want supermodels that are a solid 6, or can't spell, or can't keep a job. Like you said MCJD "You gotta have SOMETHING!" So it goes both ways.

For me personally I don't get why women are so weird about height. I'm 5'6 and I have no problem dating guys that are the same general height as me and most my exes have only been around 5'8 and it never posed a problem I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I don't wear heels unless I have to.

Take #3 and add 50-100 lbs. That's what "Curvy" presently seems to mean.

What I see there is #1 and #3 being the top and the bottom of BMI, and #2 being somewhere in the middle.

Wait seriously 50-100 lbs to #3 and that's what some woman will look like and still classify themselves as curvy? That's crazy to me. I haven't seen many girls dating profiles but that's just ridiculous. And I agree with you about the rest.

For me personally I don't get why women are so weird about height. I'm 5'6 and I have no problem dating guys that are the same general height as me and most my exes have only been around 5'8 and it never posed a problem I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I don't wear heels unless I have to.

Mb1212...the world needs more women like you. Again, everyone is entitled to have their standards, I know many women like taller guys, it's totally fine. But I can't stand it when "he has to be at least 3 inches taller than me including when I'm wearing heels." I love when women wear heels and actually liked when my ex was taller than me in her heels (she was 5'4", around 5'8" in heels, though she never wore them really), but get annoyed when women use the "high heels litmus test."

You don't look like vin diesal, he looks like a Neanderthal lol. But I don't understand why white woman do that, I guess it's strange to me because i am white and typically only go for Latino guys and I like the "tough, thug" look.

Lol, ok. I think the women i dated who liked certain guys, always say i looked like those guys. I had an ex that was crazy about vin diesal, and she kept saying i looked like him.

So who do i look like then, lol?

Mb1212...the world needs more women like you. Again, everyone is entitled to have their standards, I know many women like taller guys, it's totally fine. But I can't stand it when "he has to be at least 3 inches taller than me including when I'm wearing heels." I love when women wear heels and actually liked when my ex was taller than me in her heels (she was 5'4", around 5'8" in heels, though she never wore them really), but get annoyed when women use the "high heels litmus test."

Yeah I have friends who won't date a guy that would be shorter than them if they had heels on but I just don't get that personally. I don't like feeling like I'm towering over my guy or even anyone for that matter lol makes me feel like too much attention is on me and I just don't like standing out but I also don't club so you'll never find me in "club attire" which for the most part always consists of crazy high heels. I'd much rather prefer my converse or flats.

So many people have these lists of what they need in a potential partner and I guess I'm just not like that. I have a lot of girl friends who only look for guys who are in business etc and would never date guys in construction or anything similiar but I prefer guys who do manual labor. But yes everyone is entitled to their standards but I think that online dating makes people too picky because you have to ability to spell out exactly what you want which is unrealistic most thr time.

Lol, ok. I think the women i dated who liked certain guys, always say i looked like those guys. I had an ex that was crazy about vin diesal, and she kept saying i looked like him.

So who do i look like then, lol?

Haha that's funny. Well I had to look up who daughtry was and see a picture but you do look like him.

My friend is actually very curvy, but shes too curvy, and with certain clothes she looks big. Her waist is super-small. I will admit that i would be confused and wrong, if i met a girl like that, because some clothes will make her look round all around.

Haha well that's the hard part of being curvy, you have to figure out what clothes show your body which is hard especially when you feel like you look much better naked because for the most part aside from tight fitting dresses clothes don't flatter us curvy girls bodies.

Archived