Online dating pet peeves

Jennifer89

I think the the cutthroat dating scene in NYC (which is exacerbated for men thanks to online dating) and bad luck have (in a sense) forced Thor to continue playing the field and channeling his inner player powers.

Thor, please correct me if I'm wrong man!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I agree...I've said in other posts, I know several married couples from POF. I was just talking about my experience.

I dunno...between the archaic and unattractive interface, and the abysmal quality of women I encountered on there...I'm just not a big fan of POF, even for free.

I think there are good people on all the sites... some you just have to wade through more "bad" to get to the good. POF being one of many sites that way. If you're super serious about finding someone, I think you use multiple sites - and then traffic whichever one is netting you the best results. Especially in big cities, where it is really a numbers game! Like I said elsewhere... I feel for the people who are trying to find anything serious. Rough, rough.

Aww not encouraging!! haha. What the heck then.

There is nothing on my profile that says 'church' or 'religion' or anything even close to it.

I've been disappointed a few times, I'll look at a profile after a message or two, and all is looking good...then blam.

I have nothing against religious folk, but I don't want religion in my life.

If the right woman comes with religion, so be it. Even then, the religion in my life Is her.

Happened to me for a while too. I had written I was part of a Humanist group yet still I'd get a message. I'd be like ...why? I decided to ask straight away a couple of them 'how important of a role does religion play in your life?' and then you take it from there. Usually they realise they don't want a humanist around them anyway.

It's the being genuine, appearing warm, down to earth, honest..it's those traits that are appealing and respresent transparency and caring about others.

I had that too also with people who don't drink ever. I don't want an alcoholic but I had stated in my profile I like pubs and ale and don't message me if your life revolves around yoga, meditation, veganism, healthy living, accupuntcture, spiritual healing, alternative remedies etc. Many guys like that messaged me, one said he wakes up at 6am to meditate. No. I won't do that. I want to sleep not hear chime bells at friggin 6am.

I will never understand how me making the choice to not have a drink means I also want you to make that same choice. I want you to drink whatever it is that makes you happiest in that moment, because I'm already doing that no matter where I do. The lack or presence of alcohol in either drink is besides the point.

Now if you absolutely can't have a good time without a drink, then I suppose we may have an issue. At that point you're no longer having a drink to enjoy the beverage, you're using the beverage as a "fun" crutch. Add twenty years and you're staring alcoholism in the mirror.

Women will always feel they can be shallow because they feel they have the upperhand in dating because they feel that all men are hungry for sex and that they have all the power and will decide when it will happen. The last time I checked women enjoy sex too so it's doesn't benefit just the man

Yeah, but women can tolerate going months at a time without even masturbating, it does in a way give them some power. When the sex cyberbots get here, though, it'll be curtains for this game... You might laugh at the idea, but seriously, when everything you want in a partner could be distilled down to a single program and uploaded into a silicon copy organism, when the world of living people around you are as self centered as they are, there's a point when the demand for such a product will make the market lucrative enough to make it happen.

Yeah, but women can tolerate going months at a time without even masturbating, it does in a way give them some power. When the sex cyberbots get here, though, it'll be curtains for this game... You might laugh at the idea, but seriously, when everything you want in a partner could be distilled down to a single program and uploaded into a silicon copy organism, when the world of living people around you are as self centered as they are, there's a point when the demand for such a product will make the market lucrative enough to make it happen.

I'm a guy and went months without sex and didn't masturbate

What women are these? Because i dont know many. Plus if that was the case, dildo companies wouldnt be making the money they make. I have yet to see a big difference in men and women when it comes to sex except some women hold back due to society. And women cheat as much as men now, that means statistically, women are having sex with other men behind their boyfriends back... just because they want to get laid. Plus, what about all these sex parties... which are usually hosted and attended by women.

What women are these? Because i dont know many. Plus if that was the case, dildo companies wouldnt be making the money they make. I have yet to see a big difference in men and women when it comes to sex except some women hold back due to society. And women cheat as much as men now, that means statistically, women are having sex with other men behind their boyfriends back... just because they want to get laid. Plus, what about all these sex parties... which are usually hosted and attended by women.

someone once told me... a generalization is not helpful or constructive

do you know this because you been cheated on? Or know someone else who been cheated on?

do you know this because you been cheated on? Or know someone else who been cheated on?

Its based on surveys done. But i do know men who were cheated on, and one woman i dated and in a relationship was cheating on her husband with me until i found out. My cousins wife cheated, my other cousins gf left for someone else. I know women who would cheat and flirt with me when we catch up.

Then maybe you should listen to them... since you generalized enough in my inbox as it is... or did you forget?

And what are you talking about, the original post was a generalization hence my reply...

Hows the OP generalizing when she was stating what type of men she doesnt like. You on the other hand, saying women are having sex behind their bf's backs and hosting orgies parties. I think you have some unresolved issues about women.

AND I only generalized because you generalized.

Its based on surveys done. But i do know men who were cheated on, and one woman i dated and in a relationship was cheating on her husband with me until i found out. My cousins wife cheated, my other cousins gf left for someone else. I know women who would cheat and flirt with me when we catch up.

I don't think I want to date now after reading all this lol

Based on what Thor has shared months ago (having to breakup with a woman who had mental issues) and being disappointed by a girl who was secretly married, I think he wants to play the field. Although it seems quite draining it is probably where he is at the moment. I'm quite sure Thor will correct me if I am wrong.

Hey, pretty cool to see everyone chime in on that. I do think I understand a lot better now. History + big city + personality = where Thor is at right now.

Cool, I can respect that and let it be without saying anything else now.

I'm really not envying those dating in NYC about now...sounds way too cut throat for me.

I don't even understand what girls want from those sites anymore i have a friend (female) that uses okc and she originally went on there looking for a genuine guy and now she just gets on because she likes the attention she gets haha saw her transform into someone shallow before my very eyes, it seems to me these sites teach the girls they dont need any serious commitment to any of the guys and it's sad. Like if i met someone in the real world and we exchanged numbers and went on a date i wouldn't keep looking for other "prospects" it just makes me so annoyed that from every girl i've talked to they treat these sites that way

I don't even understand what girls want from those sites anymore i have a friend (female) that uses okc and she originally went on there looking for a genuine guy and now she just gets on because she likes the attention she gets haha saw her transform into someone shallow before my very eyes, it seems to me these sites teach the girls they dont need any serious commitment to any of the guys and it's sad. Like if i met someone in the real world and we exchanged numbers and went on a date i wouldn't keep looking for other "prospects" it just makes me so annoyed that from every girl i've talked to they treat these sites that way

I'm willing to bet that everything you wrote goes for both genders, not just the ladies.

I don't kmow many woman this is true for. Sure I can go months without having sex but I will still feel the need to masturbate fairly regularly just like men do.

yea you are right but this applies to guys too. I think i might quit too... im like your friend, really wanna find someone Long term but then started liking attention from all sorts of guys and now, im just overwhelmed. I took a couple of days off to give myself a break and got 15 msgs unread, and 4 new guys msg me... and I still have NO PICTURES up, so yes online dating does play to the womens favor ... I dont really see any long term with any of the guys im talking to

Beginning last month, i would put a guy's msgs and profile over his pictures. Thing is i am sooo tired of reading messages & profiles- and yes i do read profiles and msgs... so now i go by the pictures first because they are faster to assess.... IF pics are ok to good ...then i go to the msgs and profiles and if the msg and profile sck, i just dont care to respond. so yea i do find myself more shallow now.... one guy looks like ryan gosling and im pretty sure now he is using me as a msg buddy but before i didnt want to stop talking to him because he looks like a spitting image of ryan gosling but i did eventually decided to stop writing to him .... i know... its ridiculous how easy you can find out how shallow u can get on OKC. Also date wise, with 3 guys who had great profiles and great msgs, didnt pan out too well except last date but he actually told me on the date all his baggage. Yikes! RUUN!

I will prob meet a handful of guys (hoping they still want to meet up) from OKC but after i meet with them, ill deactivate the monster. Im in a big City too and it is SO more cutthroat ... and i have found myself being just as superficial and disingenuous that I get disgusted with myself that I don't think online dating is for me at all. Any way... I am glad it has worked for people out there, I know it probably will not for me.

I agree. While online dating definitely has proven itself in its ability to faciliate relationships and marriages...sometimes I wonder if its done more harm than good. I think you're right, online dating has made people very, very superficial (and I'm sure I'm that way sometimes too). There are many women right here on ENA (I won't name usernames) who have flat out said they have much more strict physical requirements (body type, height, etc.) with online dating, but in real life, they care a lot less about those things if you just happen to strike up a conversation with them.

Online dating has made me very jaded, to be honest. Well, that and living in NYC with all the super witches that are around. I'm kind of done with it for a while, I just can't be bothered at the moment. A cute girl gave me her number, and I have no desire to call her. How sad is that?

Archived