Online dating pet peeves

Jennifer89

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMFAO! C'mon Thor, I expect more from you!

Nah, i sneaked back in. I knew she was insecure. She went distant on text and signed on pof imemdiately, but i kept texting her anyway. Before i went to sleep she texted me she was up and texted "thinking of you".

Guys who act insecure like she did get no second chance, because men cant be insecure. If i read her wrong and thought it was because she didnt like what she saw when she saw me on webcam - my insecurity would have shut that down. But, i really dont care if someone likes me or not - i still try to squeeze in and charm.

I gained another number from a girl who was holding out who messaged me on that thursday - so i filled another in. I have just 4 now, another could be 5 but shes too hot and she knows it - and i am tired of dating women like that so i might just let her slip away.

As for people who dont look their age. I once drove to queens to meet up with someone, she was a year older than me. She looked aged, and i was expecting a woman with filled in thighs- instead she had really thin legs - i like thin women, but not many women can wear it right. I just sat there confused but still not trying to hurt her feelings, when she kept going on and on about not sleeping with a guy on the first date (not sure why because i wasnt interested) I took the opportunity and said it didnt look right for her to keep bringing that up because nothing is leading to that type of discussion, so i asked for the bill and we parted ways.

Inbox filled exclusively with winks & messages from women my age who a) look like they could be my mom, if my mom ate more, and b) have kids most of the time.

Hahahaha! Sounds like my POF inbox when I was on that thing. I DID score two summer FWBs from it (including a hot cougar)...but most of the women who messaged me on that thing were quite unattractive and/or massive.

Thor... Ur online dating exp just really seem sad to me.

My brain hurts reading it. lol. Seriously Thor, you wonder why people might think you are a playa?! Let's get real here.

My online dating pet peeve of the moment are religious folk slipping under the settings I've placed by not stating they are religious until they start chatting with me. Why oh why do the religious ones hone in on me?! Or is this a common thing - please tell me it is.

I wish I could tell you it is but it's never happened to me

Aww not encouraging!! haha. What the heck then.

There is nothing on my profile that says 'church' or 'religion' or anything even close to it.

I've been disappointed a few times, I'll look at a profile after a message or two, and all is looking good...then blam.

I have nothing against religious folk, but I don't want religion in my life.

thorshammerllgrand;5951202]My brain hurts reading it. lol. Seriously Thor, you wonder why people might think you are a playa?! Let's get real here.

What are you talking about, who am I playing out, I'm single. If you think these women don't have other men's numbers and their own list... Then I have a bridge to sell to you...

Plus, if anything... I made it pretty clear its now more than ever that I am going to date in a more broad scale when otherwise I would just focus on one.

Yeah, you're single. You can do whatever you want.

The reason I said what I did is, if you weren't interested in playing, you wouldn't give your time and attention to profiles and the women that you do. Totally my opinion. I don't know your motivations or thinking; I do know it's a lot different than mine. So it's not like I am trying to pick on you.

I just can't understand how someone would go for a profile like that and not ignore it, unless they were interested in playing around.

Yeah, you're single. You can do whatever you want.

The reason I said what I did is, if you weren't interested in playing, you wouldn't give your time and attention to profiles and the women that you do. Totally my opinion. I don't know your motivations or thinking; I do know it's a lot different than mine. So it's not like I am trying to pick on you.

I just can't understand how someone would go for a profile like that and not ignore it, unless they were interested in playing around.

Based on what Thor has shared months ago (having to breakup with a woman who had mental issues) and being disappointed by a girl who was secretly married, I think he wants to play the field. Although it seems quite draining it is probably where he is at the moment. I'm quite sure Thor will correct me if I am wrong.

As for people who dont look their age. I once drove to queens to meet up with someone, she was a year older than me. She looked aged, and i was expecting a woman with filled in thighs- instead she had really thin legs - i like thin women, but not many women can wear it right. I just sat there confused but still not trying to hurt her feelings, when she kept going on and on about not sleeping with a guy on the first date (not sure why because i wasnt interested) I took the opportunity and said it didnt look right for her to keep bringing that up because nothing is leading to that type of discussion, so i asked for the bill and we parted ways.

well you met up with someone, confused because she wasn't who you expected... yet "you still looked confused but at the same time not trying to hurt her feelings"... then you became rude to her because she kept bringing up a topic which made you uncomfortable, which also led you to ask for the bill and cut the date short. I know we are all superficial to an extent, but that's just outright rude to do for someone your age.

Nah, i sneaked back in. I knew she was insecure. She went distant on text and signed on pof imemdiately, but i kept texting her anyway. Before i went to sleep she texted me she was up and texted "thinking of you".

It's all a game to you... Yet you kind of blame the other sex for using online dating as a 'channel' ... Idk but have you considered that it might not be anyone but You ... at your own failures at dating and choosing?

Think it's time for an honest reflection.

I've spoken with Thor about this in person at length. There's a reason Thor and I often complain about the women in NYC...they are absolutely horrible (well, 99% of them are). And we all know that online dating is highly skewed in womens' favor (please don't try to deny it, it totally is)...this is even moreso the case in NYC. Thor does want a steady gf and family someday. He was into a girl he was seeing late last year, but she was kinda crazy, and it didn't work out. In other words...I think the the cutthroat dating scene in NYC (which is exacerbated for men thanks to online dating) and bad luck have (in a sense) forced Thor to continue playing the field and channeling his inner player powers.

Thor, please correct me if I'm wrong man!

Why oh why do the religious ones hone in on me?! Or is this a common thing - please tell me it is.

Happened to me for a while too. I had written I was part of a Humanist group yet still I'd get a message. I'd be like ...why? I decided to ask straight away a couple of them 'how important of a role does religion play in your life?' and then you take it from there. Usually they realise they don't want a humanist around them anyway.

It's the being genuine, appearing warm, down to earth, honest..it's those traits that are appealing and respresent transparency and caring about others.

I had that too also with people who don't drink ever. I don't want an alcoholic but I had stated in my profile I like pubs and ale and don't message me if your life revolves around yoga, meditation, veganism, healthy living, accupuntcture, spiritual healing, alternative remedies etc. Many guys like that messaged me, one said he wakes up at 6am to meditate. No. I won't do that. I want to sleep not hear chime bells at friggin 6am.

I can't quote because I'm on the phone but 1 I didn't leave right away after she kept bringing up sleeping on the first date, and 2 she kept bringing it up, which is a no-no during a date. Either she thought I wanted only sex which is judging, or 2 she actually wanted sex and I wasn't interested, its called bad conversation, or an ackward date. I should have left after she said it the first time anyway, imagine being on a date with a guy and him continuously saying he doesnt pay for gold diggers over and over..

2 it is a gamex read every post on here. About dating and we break down to what you should do or don't, otherwise there would be no forum with people asking wht to to do!!!. The girl explained that I looked disnterested on webcam, I read her correctly and played along because i knew she was baiting me to chase her and show her I am still interested.

The girl with the tats... I stopped talking to, not my cup of tea.

And besides the Colombian woman who was marriedx they were all professional woman with careers, degrees, and highly Intelligent. things happen, no one discloses their mental state openly until a few weeks or months into dating, bor can you predict a break up in a few years lol. And I never said I choose bad women, I have dated good women in my life.

Sounds like some people just want a challenge. One states they don't want something and all the nutters come out and want to convert. Another indicator that stating what one wants instead of what one does not triggers negative responses. There was a thread in here wherein negative profiles tends to handicaps quality responses.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

And you are ALL right!!! More so than others, but some truth in all posts.

I second the whack nyc dating scene. The longest relationship I had was with someone out of state who moved to nyc, she was the one i was getting ready to marry.

Not only is NYC for Wacker for dating. LA is as well. I think very large cities have larger volumes of quirky people. More self absorption.

Hahahaha! Sounds like my POF inbox when I was on that thing. I DID score two summer FWBs from it (including a hot cougar)...but most of the women who messaged me on that thing were quite unattractive and/or massive.

Don't knock it too hard... that's where my husband and I met. Though, to be fair... I wasn't super serious about being on there. And he has some major horror stories from his online dating stint.

Don't knock it too hard... that's where my husband and I met. Though, to be fair... I wasn't super serious about being on there. And he has some major horror stories from his online dating stint.

Oh I agree...I've said in other posts, I know several married couples from POF. I was just talking about my experience.

I dunno...between the archaic and unattractive interface, and the abysmal quality of women I encountered on there...I'm just not a big fan of POF, even for free.

Not only is NYC for Wacker for dating. LA is as well. I think very large cities have larger volumes of quirky people. More self absorption.

Yes, its a combination of things, more people is more influences, big city means freedom and change and radical rebel behavior, etc.

I had to learn fast or I'd sink, I have been told outside of nyc I would have not had to resort to certain game and I would have been married a long time ago. Though I believe everyone plays games to an extent, nyc is a battlefield, I dont exaggerate when I claim players and womanizers or carefree people have it far easier in the city.

Yes, its a combination of things, more people is more influences, big city means freedom and change and radical rebel behavior, etc.

I had to learn fast or I'd sink, I have been told outside of nyc I would have not had to resort to certain game and I would have been married a long time ago. Though I believe everyone plays games to an extent, nyc is a battlefield, I dont exaggerate when I claim players and womanizers or carefree people have it far easier in the city.

I definitely consign that.

Ugh i hate the online dating scene maybe i didn't give it a good enough chance (only did it for about a week) but almost every girl I talked to, (or tried talking to) are super shallow and reply to my messages with something about how they have all these guys chasing them and that they are so desired. Seriously? You're looking for a genuine guy and then you turn around and say something like that? I left the scene pretty fast maybe i don't know how to work the sites but jeeze all the girls seemed SUPER shallow, maybe that's just girls my age though?

I find it funny girls don't want anyone who is desperate but don't have a problem putting marriage in their profile

Originally Posted by toby4

Ugh i hate the online dating scene maybe i didn't give it a good enough chance (only did it for about a week) but almost every girl I talked to, (or tried talking to) are super shallow and reply to my messages with something about how they have all these guys chasing them and that they are so desired. Seriously? You're looking for a genuine guy and then you turn around and say something like that? I left the scene pretty fast maybe i don't know how to work the sites but jeeze all the girls seemed SUPER shallow, maybe that's just girls my age though?

Could be they think that it makes them appear more desirable. Women are weird. I really don't envy the guys that are out there trying to find the right girl.

Yes, it could definitely be your age, considering you're only 20.

Women will always feel they can be shallow because they feel they have the upperhand in dating because they feel that all men are hungry for sex and that they have all the power and will decide when it will happen. The last time I checked women enjoy sex too so it's doesn't benefit just the man

Archived