How are YOU feeling right now?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still feeling mad! It's been six months and I still wake up every morning thinking of her. I'm sick of it. I just want to be myself again. I haven't been able to let go of the anger over the fact that she used me and cheated on me.She moved the new guy in with her in about 2 months time and left me after almost 2 yrs because she wasn't ready for a relationship. Yeah right. I need to let it go because I'm stuck, but I don't know how. I am dating,but it really doesn't help much. I want some justice, but I doubt that I'll ever get any.

a-little-blue, I am so sorry to hear about your recent breakup. I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through, especially when you know it is over. At least this is easier than the other heartbreak and was in my opinion, the way I wish many breakups went. I've been in breakups before but like you said, when someone else is involved, it's 1000 times harder. I can already tell how weak my ex is, everything is just too fresh.

For the record, ironically after 2 hours since writing my post yesterday, he did show up. But not the way I wanted or expected. He just randomly showed up to my job and texted me saying he brought me something and he wanted to give me a gift. My job is an hour drive from his current location and he's still with the OW.

I talked to him on the phone to let him know this was not appropriate and he needed to leave. I told him I want to see him, but can't right now, it's too soon and he's with the OW and it's not fair to either of us. He started crying and left. I never got the gift and he never told me what it was. This just made everything worse.

Then he wrote me this long message saying how mean I was to him, and he doesn't know why I wont let him do something kind for me. He then threw in some words about how he was MOSTLY over me and needed me to help him heal completely. Egh, I feel so frustrated.... egh! I'm still in panic mode from yesterday's events.

I feel really sick and sad. I know him coming to my job is not a sign he's mostly over me, but his words really stick. We broke up 5 weeks ago, out of a 2 year relationship. He thinks this OW is completely healing him. It feels so miserable...

Then he wrote me this long message saying how mean I was to him, and he doesn't know why I wont let him do something kind for me. He then threw in some words about how he was MOSTLY over me and needed me to help him heal completely. Egh, I feel so frustrated.... egh! I'm still in panic mode from yesterday's events..

He said WHAT??? What a selfish man! He leaves you for someone else and tells you how mean YOU are?? And he needs you to help him heal completely!!??? Is this man for real??

Does he really expect you to allow him to hang on to you (in whatever way he chooses) so he can completely get over you? And all the while he is with someone else? What about what you need to heal? Oh my!

I know it was really sad. I just don't know who my ex is anymore. I cannot believe he's acting in such a selfish manner. I wrote him a very lengthy and kind message in reply yesterday. I'm still not sure if I should regret it but since NC was forcibly broken yesterday, it didn't seem to matter. Basically I made it clear that I need to focus on healing and how I will not be doing that with a rebound or another person. I made it clear that he hurt me and is continuing to hurt me and that I wish him the best. Again, I have no idea if it was a bad/good idea but my ex is one of those emotional men. The message probably made him feel terrible or cry.

I know it was really sad. I just don't know who my ex is anymore. I cannot believe he's acting in such a selfish manner. I wrote him a very lengthy and kind message in reply yesterday. I'm still not sure if I should regret it but since NC was forcibly broken yesterday, it didn't seem to matter. Basically I made it clear that I need to focus on healing and how I will not be doing that with a rebound or another person. I made it clear that he hurt me and is continuing to hurt me and that I wish him the best. Again, I have no idea if it was a bad/good idea but my ex is one of those emotional men. The message probably made him feel terrible or cry.

Well I think you needed to get the message accross to him that his actions are hurting YOU because he doesn't seem to be getting it! All he cares about is easing HIS pain (self-inflicted pain, I might add!) with little regard to the pain that subsequently causes you. With these new revelations it is hardly surprising you felt compelled to send him an email. You did well in not agreeing to see him though or accept the gift. I wonder if the OW knew he bought you a gift and traveled all that way to give it to you personally.

feeling pretty crappy today coming up fast 6 months since break up and there only once when she text then cut me off again

my friends, i think are getting a bit fed up of me mopping and say i should be over it now. still finding terrible hard came home last night with a few friends from horse racing night which was pretty good came back we were going to go to a club which my ex said she hates and would never go there. well she was outside with the bloke she is i guess seeing and got the dirty looks from all her friends we all just turned away and left dont no if this was for the best but all it would of done was end in tears or fighting as me and the bloke she seeing really dont get on

fed up of feeling down, feeling like i really dont wana carry on only got with 1 girl in the whole 6 months and feel ugly that no one wants to date me or seem interested just hope things get better

A-little-blue, I did ask him if he told her that he came to my job. He said that yes, she does know. However, this doesn't make sense and I believe he's lying. Why would his new girlfriend who is still married egh, give him permission to drive an hour to my job to give me a gift. It seems really weird. Also, he was conveniently tutoring someone who lives 30 minutes away at the time. It seemed like the perfect get away lie. Oh I have to tutor from this time to this time, and tack on an extra 2 hours to go and see me.

Also, I tested him. I asked if he could see me after work or sometime over the next few days, and he said no. If his "girlfriend" was so supportive of him coming to see me, then I'm not sure why she would think it's okay for him to stop by at noon on Friday but not any other day at other times. Please note I work weekends so it would have been the same deal Saturday or Sunday. I'm pretty confident he lied to her about it.

Egh the mind games from this situation.

Like I want to stab, strangle, or otherwise maim my ex. I hate being angry! Well, I guess it's better than being sad but sadness I can change with listening to music. But this anger... I need to hit something!! Preferably something inanimate so I can avoid going to jail.

Like I want to stab, strangle, or otherwise maim my ex. I hate being angry! Well, I guess it's better than being sad but sadness I can change with listening to music. But this anger... I need to hit something!! Preferably something inanimate so I can avoid going to jail.

Try something physical if you can. When I get angry I do sprints, hit the heavy bag, or even just go out for a walk to clear my head. Or I journal a lot of nasty things that are swimming around in my head. Or, other times, I just drink wine. Ha!

Seriously though, when you feel overwhelmed and homicidal, doing something physical can work wonders. Hang in there!

Try something physical if you can. When I get angry I do sprints, hit the heavy bag, or even just go out for a walk to clear my head. Or I journal a lot of nasty things that are swimming around in my head. Or, other times, I just drink wine. Ha!

Seriously though, when you feel overwhelmed and homicidal, doing something physical can work wonders. Hang in there!

Thank you so much for the advice! I went out for a run until my legs turned to mush. Feeling much better now and the chance of me going to jail for hunting down my ex with an axe is at about 3% instead of 99.98%. I had a nice big rant too and that really helped. I'm not an angry person by nature, but when I do finally get roused into a blinding rage it's pretty epic lol.

Thank you so much for the advice! I went out for a run until my legs turned to mush. Feeling much better now and the chance of me going to jail for hunting down my ex with an axe is at about 3% instead of 99.98%. I had a nice big rant too and that really helped. I'm not an angry person by nature, but when I do finally get roused into a blinding rage it's pretty epic lol.

Oh I hear you! I am so glad you're feeling better! And I'm also glad your chances of incarceration have reduced dramatically, lol!

I woke up crying just a few minutes. It's a beautiful morning and it felt like he was here. It really did. How could it be almost 6 weeks ago that everything felt so wonderful? Our last morning together, it was beautiful like this. He held me, he loved me, it was just the beginning of more mornings. I realized last night that we can never be together again. Why? I wish I could hope for that more. Everything was perfect, but he messed up so bad. I want the man from 6 weeks ago, but 6 weeks, even just one week, is enough to turn him into someone that I could never be with again. No matter how much I wish to be. I'm so sad, so very sad. I wish I could just have one more morning and cherish it forever. Where for a day everything was okay like it was 6 weeks ago.

A-little-blue, I did ask him if he told her that he came to my job. He said that yes, she does know. However, this doesn't make sense and I believe he's lying. Why would his new girlfriend who is still married egh, give him permission to drive an hour to my job to give me a gift. It seems really weird. Also, he was conveniently tutoring someone who lives 30 minutes away at the time. It seemed like the perfect get away lie. Oh I have to tutor from this time to this time, and tack on an extra 2 hours to go and see me.

I'm pretty sure he's lying!

I woke up crying just a few minutes. It's a beautiful morning and it felt like he was here. It really did. How could it be almost 6 weeks ago that everything felt so wonderful? Our last morning together, it was beautiful like this. He held me, he loved me, it was just the beginning of more mornings. I realized last night that we can never be together again. Why? I wish I could hope for that more. Everything was perfect, but he messed up so bad. I want the man from 6 weeks ago, but 6 weeks, even just one week, is enough to turn him into someone that I could never be with again. No matter how much I wish to be. I'm so sad, so very sad. I wish I could just have one more morning and cherish it forever. Where for a day everything was okay like it was 6 weeks ago.

I hear you! I am having a really cr***y day today. I hate beautiful sunny days ... but it seems HE does too. He messaged me yesterday, saying how sunny days made him think of the things we did together. At one point he suggested meeting up and when I kinda, sorta accepted he never went on to make any solid arrangements. Just letting him know that I was willing was probably all that he needed to hear. The last message he sent me said "I still love you very much" ... and although I sent him a VERY GUARDED reply, I never heard anything back. As he quite often does, he backs off at what feels like crucial moments. But I know they aren't crucial moments really and I hate myself for having any kind of expectations. I didn't sleep last night. I was so frustrated and annoyed. I don't know who I am more annoyed at ... him or me. Today I am just as frustrated, if not more so than yesterday, and yeah the tears are back!

I am so sorry to hear that a-little-blue. Sunny mornings are always the hardest but it's nice he sent you a text, although I can imagine you feeling annoyed and frustrated at hearing from him. I know exactly what you mean. It's just constant disappointments. I'm sure the text was nice at the time, and hearing him suggest meeting up was nice at the time, but that's all it really is at the end of the day. I can completely understand your frustration. In a way it's nice when exes give us the space and go NC. You have 0 expectations at that point. How long have you guys been broken up for again?

I am so sorry to hear that a-little-blue. Sunny mornings are always the hardest but it's nice he sent you a text, although I can imagine you feeling annoyed and frustrated at hearing from him. I know exactly what you mean. It's just constant disappointments. I'm sure the text was nice at the time, and hearing him suggest meeting up was nice at the time, but that's all it really is at the end of the day. I can completely understand your frustration. In a way it's nice when exes give us the space and go NC. You have 0 expectations at that point. How long have you guys been broken up for again?

We have been broken up for 3 months and you're right, there have been constant disappointments over those 3 months. I only have myself to blame though because I too know we can't be together - no matter how we feel about each other - but when I hear him say certain things, I allow myself to hope otherwise. It's my own fault!

I feel sad and lonely today. I have no one to go see or no one to talk to. No family or friends here. It's really lonely. I have been thinking about relationships and I don't really see the point anymore. I am trying the online dating thing to meet new people and I found myself hoping that I would meet someone great and not be lonely. Then it struck me that before I met my ex I was hoping in the same way. I thought that I had finally met a good woman. One that had been hurt and done wrong like I had been done and I loved everything about her. I helped her and cared for her in every way possible. Financially, emotionally, physically. I loved and provided for her children too. Loved them as my own. She left me for another man. Now I lost her and her kids that I loved so much.I miss her and her kids. I was crushed and I still struggle to let them all go even now. It's 6 months later. So what the point of being with someone when it never last? Things may last a yr. Maybe 2, hell maybe 12, but it's all temporary from what I've seen. Maybe I should just decide to be alone. It's a difficult thing for me though because I have always been a romantic at heart. Still I don't trust anyone any more. It's so frustrating. There are billions of people on the planet. Why can't I find one good woman? Sigh

I'm feeling great. All dressed up and ready for a night out. And for a change the butterflies in my tummy are about a new guy, not my ex. I met him a while back just after the breakup and he asked me out but I said no, because I wasn't in a place where I was ready to move on. But now I am and he's meant to be there tonight. So I'm looking forward to flirting again.

For the first night out since the BU I'm really hoping my ex won't be there.

I look great, I feel great and I am optimistic about the fun I'll have. And I know if he is there, I will most likely end up back at square one so I have no desire to see him.

Archived